The Blood Group Diet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 11:33 AM
The Blood Group Diet
I just had a rather hilarious conversation with my wife which went something like this:

Her: Oh look at this diet that someone on Facebookhas suggested to me. It says that you should have a different diet depending on your blood group

Me: That's nonsense. Blood groups have got nothing to do with what you eat.

Her: How do you know. Blood groups are important for all sorts of diseases.

Me: What has that got to do with diet?

Her: How do you know? You're not a dietician are you?

Me: Yes but I know enough about biology to know it's not.

Her: But you don't know do you?

Me: Okay. Let's Google it.

First search comes up with the fact that blood groups have got nothing to do with diet. The Blood Group Diet is nonsense.

Me: There you are.

Her: That's just one result. And you selected that one to support your viewpoint.

Me: Ok. Let's look again

Same result. And every single one we look at says the same thing (unless you count the Blood Group Diet website).

Her: Yaa but it's not impossible. They're just saying that no one has yet found a link between blood group and diet. That doesn't mean one does exist. It just means they've not found it yet.

Me: I rest my case.

Cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias have a lot to answer for.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Silly Deity's post
19-05-2016, 11:52 AM
RE: The Blood Group Diet
People often believe what sounds good in their head. 'I believe god loves me because once I had a strong feeling to call a local radio station and won tickets to a concert to see Journey.'

'Plants convert sunlight into food, therefore people can live on sunlight alone.'

That is until someone starves themselves.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-05-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: The Blood Group Diet
This has been around for a few years. It's total nonsense but damned if I haven't overheard people at the gym chatting about their blood specific diet. You know the type.....they're all into natural foods... gluten free, sugar free, salt free, cruelty free, animal free, gmo free and taste free food. I think some nut wrote a book about this type of diet a few years ago and based it on nothing but a hunch. He made a lot of money off the book and the diet caught on.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post