The Book of Eli

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2010, 04:07 AM

Rainbow The Book of Eli
I just got home from seeing it.
The story is about the last bible in a post apocolyptic steam-punk America. It is a very good movie, I thought and I wanted to hear what other atheists thought of it Heart
Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2010, 12:36 PM

RE: The Book of Eli
I haven't seen it but the trailer looks interesting. I'll watch it one of these days. We should start a movie thread.
17-01-2010, 12:47 AM

Agreed Smile I love movies. They are my guilty pleasure Wink
29-01-2010, 08:32 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing Shutter Island and Legion, as well as The Book Of Eli and From Paris With Love.
(16-01-2010 12:36 PM)Nahuel Wrote:  I haven't seen it but the trailer looks interesting. I'll watch it one of these days. We should start a movie thread.

lol definitley. really cant go wrong with Denzel.
14-04-2010, 04:19 AM

Upon first viewing the trailer I was immediately giddy to see a new post-apocalyptic film in the vein of The Road Warrior. Being a fan of the genre, one must get used to the repetitive "lone wanderer" theme so prominently used. I figured this film would go through the same formula, but prepared to enjoy myself.

Yes it did use the lone wanderer as a driving plot device, and yes it did bring the arbitrary twist. Yes all the survivors are short on t-shirts, but live in a wealth of leather and goggles. Yes everything in this film looks like and feels like a typical post-apocalyptia. But the substance of the story is far more powerful then I could ever have expected.
16-04-2010, 06:45 PM
So it's not too preachy? I'm interested in seeing it, but I'm somewhat afraid that will be a little bit too religious for my tastes.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2010, 10:10 PM

(16-04-2010 06:45 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  So it's not too preachy? I'm interested in seeing it, but I'm somewhat afraid that will be a little bit too religious for my tastes.

Well, the movie is largely based on the ideas and possibilities of faith (christianity in this case). I found it to be really entertaining, although it did get a lot more religious towards the end.

I highly recommend watching it, at the very least it's entertaining.
22-06-2010, 12:57 PM

I watched the movie and thought it was great action flick.
Gary Oldman says it best http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/the-bo...s-a-weapon

Even thou it has the overtones of Christianity it seems to make the arguement that the control that can be exerted with the use of the bible is very apparent.
22-06-2010, 10:31 PM
(29-01-2010 08:32 PM)EyesWideOpen Wrote:  I'm looking forward to seeing Shutter Island

Just watched that tonight. Brilliant movie, huge recommendation from me.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2010, 10:03 PM

The book of Eli is a American action film. His directed by the Hughes brothers and story written by the Gray Whitta or starting the Denzel Washington.This story about the Eli, a loner who is charged to journey west in order to the deliver his copy of book.