The Book of Life (God's Big Book of Names)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2013, 11:36 AM
RE: The Book of Life (God's Big Book of Names)
It's okay to wonder about something. It's okay to ask questions. That's not what you did.

You asserted that I should leave and go elsewhere.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2013, 11:44 AM
I did not ask but did wonder. Slightly different yes, you are correct.

I did not say to leave and go elsewhere. I said direct energies elsewhere. I said that since everything is prescribed (your belief) that conversion or persuasion of others would seem to be pointless. So I'm left wondering why direct energy to debating atheists or even thinking about it all since it's written in stone. I've never known a true Calvinist before, so I'm curious.

I did not mean to disrespect you. My apologies for not wording it well. I did not mean to offend.

Godless in the Magnolia State
21-01-2013, 11:45 AM
People have wondered and asked what I assume has been many times before, Cjs. One of them was myself, in fact.

Theists come here for different reasons, just like Atheists do, though I think I've got the general reasons down:

1. Some Theists (or Poes, depending on your outlook) come to troll; the many None Hit Blunders and Drive-by Theists are more than clear evidence of that, or if you wish to take a harder line AtheismExposed and Egor are two other prime examples.

2. Others are here because their faith wavered and they wanted a fresh perspective.
2-A. Some of them probably don't even want to discuss or debate their faith.
2-B. Others might want to debate.

I doubt that KC has ever seriously wavered in his funny faith, but I think he can go group with B. (1/2 depending on his mood) quite safely.

But trust me as I say: he wouldn't be a (what is it again? Super-mod?) if he had either a questionable character, or motives, Cjs.

The curiosity is warranted, but you asked the question in such a slanted way; as if to imply KC was trying to convert people but had no reason to, that is not the case at all.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-01-2013, 11:50 AM
@FT I did ask if not to convert, why was he here. The wondering about the reason to convert or not was due to Calvinist predestination and things all being predetermined. I'm not questioning his character and am glad he's a supermod. Thanks for the clarification of purpose.

21-01-2013, 11:54 AM
(21-01-2013 11:44 AM)cjs Wrote:  I did not ask but did wonder. Slightly different yes, you are correct.

I did not say to leave and go elsewhere. I said direct energies elsewhere. I said that since everything is prescribed (your belief) that conversion or persuasion of others would seem to be pointless. So I'm left wondering why direct energy to debating atheists or even thinking about it all since it's written in stone. I've never known a true Calvinist before, so I'm curious.

I did not mean to disrespect you. My apologies for not wording it well. I did not mean to offend.
If that was your intent, then I also apologize for the hasty reprimand.

For over a year, I fielded theological questions. Much of it can be found here, although, as a collective, that is probably only about 40% of the theological stuff I've talked about.

Browse the Atheism and Theism forum, and you'll see a lot of it.

21-01-2013, 11:58 AM
(21-01-2013 11:50 AM)cjs Wrote:  @FT I did ask if not to convert, why was he here. The wondering about the reason to convert or not was due to Calvinist predestination and things all being predetermined. I'm not questioning his character and am glad he's a supermod. Thanks for the clarification of purpose.
I came here with another member because we worked together (he's an atheist). This site was one of the few sites that wasn't blocked on our filter.

Over time, I just became integrated with the community.

I had no intent other than passing my downtime at work.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
21-01-2013, 11:59 AM
So that's the story.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks, I will check those out.

21-01-2013, 12:02 PM
(21-01-2013 11:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-01-2013 11:50 AM)cjs Wrote:  @FT I did ask if not to convert, why was he here. The wondering about the reason to convert or not was due to Calvinist predestination and things all being predetermined. I'm not questioning his character and am glad he's a supermod. Thanks for the clarification of purpose.
I came here with another member because we worked together (he's an atheist). This site was one of the few sites that wasn't blocked on our filter.

Over time, I just became integrated with the community.

I had no intent other than passing my downtime at work.

Sounds like as good a reason as any!
22-01-2013, 10:29 AM
(21-01-2013 11:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I came here with another member [...]
Who would that be? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Small Step For Life, One Giant Leap For Understanding Quantum1Connect 4 131 24-07-2014 09:58 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Jesus gave up............................. 3days of his life for us Ace 24 462 21-07-2014 08:37 PM
Last Post: Minimalist
  Seeking the Grief Stories of Non-Believers for “Grief Beyond Belief” Book Bows and Arrows 5 139 04-07-2014 08:49 AM
Last Post: jockmcdock
  [split] An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available) Jeremy E Walker 46 687 03-06-2014 08:34 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  [split] Commentary on the viodjit vs. Drich "book of your religion" match Taqiyya Mockingbird 43 713 29-05-2014 08:08 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Book Idea Phaedrus 3 118 13-05-2014 04:37 AM
Last Post: Forthright Atheist
Video Is the Bible Pro-Life? (answer: no) Raptor Jesus 41 785 10-05-2014 08:40 AM
Last Post: Leo