No. Definitely, absolutely no.
[Show Results]

The Borg-friend poll!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2016, 06:39 AM
RE: The Borg-friend poll!
(24-10-2016 12:02 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 06:09 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  ....... I hope he stays forever.

Thank you, dear friends, for the compliment and the attention. I can hardly get it from the theists' forums. In fact, I am banned for life in the so called www. christianforums. I hope, if I would go to another entrance into internet, I won't be persecuted by these strange theists. They even have betrayed the Kent Hovind! Not all, what shines, is the gold, friends. :-(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg

I think it's less "betrayed Kent Hovind" and more Hovind was convicted in a Federal court for dodgy economic stuff...

Also, personal opinion, having met Kent Hovind; he's a first class jerk.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
24-10-2016, 07:08 AM
(24-10-2016 06:39 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ..........
I think it's less "betrayed Kent Hovind" and more Hovind was convicted in a Federal court for dodgy economic stuff...

These Kent's "friends" have sinned. Because the sinless way to solve the problems is following:

Quote:Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Matthew 18:15-17 KJV.
Find all posts by this user
24-10-2016, 07:11 AM
(24-10-2016 07:08 AM)theBorg Wrote:  

These Kent's "friends" have sinned. Because the sinless way to solve the problems is following:

Quote:Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

The "sinless way" is to pay your fucking taxes in the first place.
[+] 5 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
24-10-2016, 07:18 AM
(24-10-2016 07:11 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  ............
The "sinless way" is to pay your *** taxes in the first place.

Why then there is the huge ugly known thing? It is because we are all afraid. Laugh out load
Learn a bit about the secular politics, until it is allowed-
http://www.cs.cmu.edu
24-10-2016, 07:30 AM
(24-10-2016 03:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  Do you guys think Borg/Q/ all the others are actually real?

I mean it's a conspiracy theory but here are some ideas:
  • Q, theBorg etc are all AI chatbots being tested here. To make us want to talk to them the dickheads who program them make their personalities a. theistic b. douchebag. This would explain why so many of our theist trolls seem to be a few bricks short of a full hod and also why their command of English is sometimes sketchy. If I was an AI researcher I'd totally try out my bots somewhere like here.
  • Seth likes traffic on his site so he pays some poor motherfucker to be the bad guys on the forum. This gives new atheists and old atheists alike a nice punching bag.
  • They really are real and really are that fucken dumb.

All three scenarios seem equally possible.Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
24-10-2016, 09:53 AM
(24-10-2016 03:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  Do you guys think Borg/Q/ all the others are actually real?

I dont know for sure, but i have a close relative who shows exactly the same signs of a paranoid delusion as Kerim. However i know that said family member has a history of...problems, most probably of neurological nature (however doctors´ results were ultimately inconclusive. The brain is still a mystery somehow). He/she suffered during parts of his/her life from epilepsy and experienced periods (i participated live!) where he/she was completely lucid and awake and acessible, but the next day couldnt remember anything. In Kerims case i cant make any claims of neurological problems, or just getting lost in the quagmire of a delusion (originally made up as a protective measure) by a person who is otherwise completely sane.

I know however for sure from first hand experience, that at some point the delusion becomes so powerful that any try of rational conversation about the matter is absolutely impossible, and, in fact, to do/try so may put a lot of strain on the outsider (the "facepalming" can indeed hurt, mentally). I was short of getting a restraining order, because i got up to 30-40 phonecalls a day, written letters and finally a personal visit. Ohmy At the end i sufferend (almost) a breakdown myself and moved to a different town and completely broke contact with said person 25y ago.

While i have first hand information that this persons delusion hasnt changed a bit (it rather got worse), he/she is still a somehow functioning part of society. The fact that someone has insane delusions does not mean he/she cant funtion otherwise. It sounds crazy, but i have witnessed it myself. To the outsider these persons can appear to be otherwise completely "normal" with only slight hints of some *problem* (and who hasnt got any *problems* nowadays!?).

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
24-10-2016, 10:54 AM
(24-10-2016 07:08 AM)theBorg Wrote:  

Except Answers in Genesis did go to him, disagree with him, then post a public rebuttal on their website. And to paraphrase Dark Wanderer, paying one's taxes in the first place is kind of a must. If we're going to quote the Bible, what does Jesus Christ say of paying taxes in Matthew 22: 16-21 to use the KJV as well:
Quote:And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men. Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

The Federal government is not his friend, but the earthly authority with the ability to tax him.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
24-10-2016, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2016 01:10 PM by Astreja.)
I have an alternate theory on the origin of Borg. At one point he had a link in his signature ("pr..." something), and it pointed to what appeared to be a Russian creative writing site.

ETA: Aha, found it! It's "proza.ru" and it describes itself as "...Russia's largest literary portal, which offers authors the possibility of free publication of works." Either "theBorg" is a fiction writer taking the piss by role-playing a Russian Orthodox nutcase off his meds, or he's serious (and possibly also seriously mentally ill), spamming his stupid ideas anywhere he can park 'em on the Internet.
24-10-2016, 02:34 PM
(24-10-2016 11:29 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I have an alternate theory on the origin of Borg. At one point he had a link in his signature ("pr..." something), and it pointed to what appeared to be a Russian creative writing site.

ETA: Aha, found it! It's "proza.ru" and it describes itself as "...Russia's largest literary portal, which offers authors the possibility of free publication of works." Either "theBorg" is a fiction writer taking the piss by role-playing a Russian Orthodox nutcase off his meds, or he's serious (and possibly also seriously mentally ill), spamming his stupid ideas anywhere he can park 'em on the Internet.

His publications list (if it really was his CV he linked) stops in 2011. I wonder if that was the year he took a rock to the head?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-10-2016, 03:42 PM
He's defecating the same shite at AtheistForums.org