The Brexit spirit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2017, 02:52 AM
The Brexit spirit
Hi,

We are in an English seaside town. We go into a posh hotel and ask for Martinis in the bar. The Brit barman says “What’s a Martini?” before going off to find out what we are talking about and how to make them. We leave.

Later we go into a seafront cafe and I ask for a black Americano with milk on the side. The Brit waitress gives me a white Americano with extra milk on the side. This drink contains precious little coffee but much milk.

In desperation, we go to a coffee chain, Costa. I ask for the same and the Brit ‘Barrister’ shouts ‘White Americano’ to his colleague. It tastes like sludge.

I have been abroad in Europe. I know that this would not happen in any other EU country, or even here if the employee was an immigrant from anywhere. But in Brexit Britain it is a short step back to the 1950s, a time of poor food, worldly ignorance and terminally bad service. What’s not to like? Smile

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dworkin's post
03-05-2017, 03:04 AM
RE: The Brexit spirit
It's not all of Britain, but a fair few smaller towns, with large populations of older people seem to be just failing the country at the moment.

I spoke to my father about Brexit, [he's 47], and he said "I voted leave...it's about controlling the borders!!!", which that's not what brexit was about at all,it was about still being a member of the European union, and a lot people seem to think it was about immigration AND for that some reason all current legal migrants will be shipped off now, which is lunacy at best.

Brexit has brought out the very worst in some people.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post