The Brits done it! Not.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2017 08:21 AM by onlinebiker.)
RE: The Brits done it! Not.
(17-03-2017 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 07:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You've a PHD in "remote psychiatric diagnosis"????

Amazing.

I had no idea such degrees were being given.

Despising someone isn't a valid method of assessing mental health.

It happens to be the only mental illness I have studied - for years. Google it, learn about it, check what the pros do say. I could be wrong - there is always that possibility with everything - but I think not. It's a text book case, it couldn't be any clearer. All you need to do is learn about the illness and read his tweets.

No, I am not going to compile a reading list for you, it's easy enough to google and it can't be explained in a post. I did try in a thread here entitled malignant narcissism, but I abandoned it because it gets too involved to be explained in a few posts.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=trump+mali...lang=en-US

So in your studies - did you encounter The Goldwater Rule?

Edit to add..

I'm using my tablet to post and linking stuff is a pain.

Please Google The Goldwater Rule, before you decide I'm full of shit....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2017, 08:33 AM
(17-03-2017 07:02 AM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.rferl.org/a/british-intellige...75410.html

Quote:Britain's communications intelligence agency, the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), has denied it was asked to wiretap U.S. President Donald Trump during the 2016 election campaign.

Quote:The denial came after White House spokesman Sean Spicer, speaking on March 16, cited an interview in which Fox News judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano said intelligence sources told him that former President Barack Obama's administration used GCHQ to dodge U.S. legal restrictions on monitoring U.S. citizens.

Apparently Sean Spicer did not mean to say what he said. His mouth just ran by itself according to H.R. McMaster. CNN calls it an apology. I would not be surprised to see Sean Spicer walk back H.R. McMaster's apology. It's a mess in there.

Quote:National security adviser H.R. McMaster spoke with his British counterpart on Thursday about press secretary Sean Spicer's comment from the White House podium about a Fox News report that said British intelligence helped wiretap Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign, a White House official said Friday.
The official described the conversation as "cordial" where McMaster described Spicer's comment as "unintentional."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politics/g...index.html

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
17-03-2017, 08:41 AM
(17-03-2017 07:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Just because he''s an unlovable, narcissistic buffoon, doesn't automatically mean he's wrong.

COULD the Obama administration have ordered wiretaps? Sure, it's possible.

Do I think they did?

I have no idea - Ive seen no evidence one way or the other.

It's like religion. Just because someone read something somewhere, doesn't make it so.

That is a bizarre bit of logic there.

1) You seem to be applying the, “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence” POV to current political ramblings from the WH. That’s novel.

2) Proving a negative - You seem to be asserting that without “evidence” for no wire tapping we then need to be agnostic about the claim instead of dismissing it outright.

3) Remember, the burden of proof rests squarely on the shoulders of the claimant. Without proof we can dismiss it as the ramblings of a paranoid madman. If, and only if, proof of the claim is presented do we then take it seriously.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 11 users Like Full Circle's post
17-03-2017, 08:49 AM
(17-03-2017 08:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  It happens to be the only mental illness I have studied - for years. Google it, learn about it, check what the pros do say. I could be wrong - there is always that possibility with everything - but I think not. It's a text book case, it couldn't be any clearer. All you need to do is learn about the illness and read his tweets.

No, I am not going to compile a reading list for you, it's easy enough to google and it can't be explained in a post. I did try in a thread here entitled malignant narcissism, but I abandoned it because it gets too involved to be explained in a few posts.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=trump+mali...lang=en-US

So in your studies - did you encounter The Goldwater Rule?

Edit to add..

I am not and never will be a member of the American Psychiatric Association.

I have not and will not study the field.

I did study one single illness because I encountered someone in my life who suffered from it. I have every right to express my opinion regarding anyone who displays the symptoms, and it makes sense to do so when anyone can research it and see if they agree.

And yes, you are full of shit sometimes. Nothing some prunes won't fix though. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
17-03-2017, 09:23 AM
(17-03-2017 08:41 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 07:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Just because he''s an unlovable, narcissistic buffoon, doesn't automatically mean he's wrong.

COULD the Obama administration have ordered wiretaps? Sure, it's possible.

Do I think they did?

I have no idea - Ive seen no evidence one way or the other.

It's like religion. Just because someone read something somewhere, doesn't make it so.

That is a bizarre bit of logic there.

1) You seem to be applying the, “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence” POV to current political ramblings from the WH. That’s novel.

2) Proving a negative - You seem to be asserting that without “evidence” for no wire tapping we then need to be agnostic about the claim instead of dismissing it outright.

3) Remember, the burden of proof rests squarely on the shoulders of the claimant. Without proof we can dismiss it as the ramblings of a paranoid madman. If, and only if, proof of the claim is presented do we then take it seriously.

Trump has incentive to make the claim. I can't see any incentive for Obama to wiretap Trump. Plus Trump made the claim, claimed he had proof, and came up empty. Something that he's done repeatedly with many other provable lies. So I can't see that the balance of probability is anywhere near to 50/50. 99999999999 to 1 Obama did nothing illegal and that idiot just made up another story to stroke his fragile ego with.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-03-2017, 09:32 AM
I don't really give a rat's anal discharge whether he was wire tapped or not. Ethically, it means little. We already knew there was a bunch of (perceived) shady stuff going on even before the whole metadata thing went viral. But if he was I wish they'd share the spoils with us.

'Murican Canadian
(17-03-2017 09:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 08:41 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  That is a bizarre bit of logic there.

Trump has incentive to make the claim. I can't see any incentive for Obama to wiretap Trump. Plus Trump made the claim, claimed he had proof, and came up empty. Something that he's done repeatedly with many other provable lies. So I can't see that the balance of probability is anywhere near to 50/50. 99999999999 to 1 Obama did nothing illegal and that idiot just made up another story to stroke his fragile ego with.

That, or part of the smoke and mirrors obfuscation to misdirect while puppeteer Bannon takes down the government one brick at a time.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
(17-03-2017 08:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 08:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  So in your studies - did you encounter The Goldwater Rule?

Edit to add..

I am not and never will be a member of the American Psychiatric Association.

I did study one single illness because I encountered someone in my life who suffered from it. I have every right to express my opinion regarding anyone who displays the symptoms, and it makes sense to do so when anyone can research it and see if they agree.

And yes, you are full of shit sometimes. Nothing some prunes won't fix though. Tongue

Coffee works as well...

Big Grin

But I hope you take the point of making assertations of insanity without meeting and interviewing the principal involved.

Professionals don't.

It's a good guideline for amateurs like us to follow....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-03-2017, 09:38 AM
(17-03-2017 09:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 08:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am not and never will be a member of the American Psychiatric Association.

Coffee works as well...

Big Grin

But I hope you take the point of making assertations of insanity without meeting and interviewing the principal involved.

Professionals don't.

It's a good guideline for amateurs like us to follow....

Well, be that as it may, I am going to keep mentioning it - if for no other reason than to raise awareness of the disorder, and with any luck , some people will actually look into it and get a better idea of what to expect. Or not expect. Or whether I am the one full of shit. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-03-2017, 10:28 AM
(17-03-2017 07:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 07:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno.

Believing a politician saying he didn't do something seems as foolish as believing another politician saying he did.

By siding with one liar or the other you simply declare your own bias.

That's what happens if your prez becomes the little boy who cried wolf!

I kinda get the point OLB was making. When trump said it, and I read what the Fox News judge said, I didn't instantly believe it.

I also have no reason to believe that if it wasn't true, GB also wouldn't lie about it -- or rather wouldn't be capable of lying about it.

That's really just politics as usual. What isn't usual is a petulant puppet president that takes to Twitter to blast his own conspiracy theory before it's at least somewhat verified that it's possible or not.

That's really what's weird.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post