The Brits done it! Not.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 04:13 PM
RE: The Brits done it! Not.
(17-03-2017 07:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno.

Believing a politician saying he didn't do something seems as foolish as believing another politician saying he did.

By siding with one liar or the other you simply declare your own bias.

True, assuming all else is equal. In this case it very much is not.

On the one hand Trump has a record of maligning Obama in the absence of, or in spite of the evidence. He is the champion of the Birthers. His credibility is dismal.

On the other hand you have a conspiracy between Obama's Whitehouse, the FBI and British Intelligence, just to name a few. Keeping that under wraps would require several competent governments, critters akin to unicorns and leprechauns.

I know which way Occam's razor cuts for me.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
18-03-2017, 08:32 PM
(18-03-2017 03:02 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 08:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ah got ya, I meant that I haven't come across too much in the way of psych profiling of presidents before Trump although I think Bush junior got some of that treatment, idk could be wrong not sure.

You're correct. It's a pretty new development.....

Although those that promote it will probably regret it once it's "their guy" that's under the microscope.

Cuz once it's "acceptable," it'll be acceptable for all....

Agreed. Partisanship is for the birds. However, I would point out that it is entirely possible for professionals to objectively look at a situation, doing their best to avoid personal bias (and recognizing, perhaps correcting for it) so it does not color their publication. It should indeed cut both ways.

However, it is not because I am a leftist that I agree with the NPD assessment on President Trump. I would like him even less if he was a (much more dangerous, if situated as he is) deeply-likable brainiac with degrees in science from the top universities and a deep respect for the environment, etc.

I agree with NPD because he exhibits the signs more clearly than anyone I've ever observed-- and I've been almost a decade in a box full of outright psychopaths and sociopaths, endlessly observing their behavior (curiosity in part, but largely for my own safety), and learning both how to spot them and their manipulative worldview, and also how to avoid suffering from their predatory nature. But those guys are just NPD without money. Add a hyper-rich father and an upbringing in that world of conditioned success, of carefully-groomed upper-class gilded paths to success, and you have a chemical recipe for something very, very dangerous.

If I was a Republican, hyper-conservative, or whatever, I would still be just as afraid of this man and what he is doing, saying, and inadvertently warning us about.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
19-03-2017, 07:15 AM
Thought about this whole thread overnight - and it occurred to me ---

,EVERY president, ever (with the possible exception of Washington) - by definition has to be at least a borderline egomanic....

A "normal" person wouldn't want the job. It takes a person of extreme political ambition and a maniacal drive to get into the job.

Were a shrink to sit down with any future president without knowing that that person would be President, it's likely the shrink would diagnose that person as a mental case...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-03-2017, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2017 08:31 AM by Dom.)
(19-03-2017 07:15 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Thought about this whole thread overnight - and it occurred to me ---

,EVERY president, ever (with the possible exception of Washington) - by definition has to be at least a borderline egomanic....

A "normal" person wouldn't want the job. It takes a person of extreme political ambition and a maniacal drive to get into the job.

Were a shrink to sit down with any future president without knowing that that person would be President, it's likely the shrink would diagnose that person as a mental case...

The world is crawling with narcissistic people - politicians, actors, models, company bosses, youth leaders, religious figures and on and on and on. Common narcissism is mildly irritating to those not afflicted.

Malignant narcissism is a disorder and on a whole different level from your run of the mill person who thinks they are extra special. The malignant narcissist cannot live without daily attention - it doesn't matter if it's love or hate, it is the currency they trade in. It is a disorder and they are devoid of any empathy - other people are puppets. Puppets who don't adore the MN are broken and need to be disposed of. MNs persecute people and institutions that do not do his bidding.

Look at his twitter site and you will see him, for instance, destroying Macy's because they cancelled his clothing line. You will see him going after anyone who steps on his toes somehow.

And lies - MNs are incapable of lying because everything they say carries authority and therefor is true. They lie and lie and lie and never doubt their own words...

The grandiosity is not what is so dangerous, it's the malignancy, the need to take revenge and "set things right" again. I would rather have a 5 year old with his finger on the nuke button than trump. The 5 year old has better self control.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-03-2017, 11:00 AM
(19-03-2017 07:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 07:15 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Thought about this whole thread overnight - and it occurred to me ---

The world is crawling with narcissistic people - politicians, actors, models, company bosses, youth leaders, religious figures and on and on and on. Common narcissism is mildly irritating to those not afflicted.

Malignant narcissism is a disorder and on a whole different level from your run of the mill person who thinks they are extra special. The malignant narcissist cannot live without daily attention - it doesn't matter if it's love or hate, it is the currency they trade in. It is a disorder and they are devoid of any empathy - other people are puppets. Puppets who don't adore the MN are broken and need to be disposed of. MNs persecute people and institutions that do not do his bidding.

Look at his twitter site and you will see him, for instance, destroying Macy's because they cancelled his clothing line. You will see him going after anyone who steps on his toes somehow.

And lies - MNs are incapable of lying because everything they say carries authority and therefor is true. They lie and lie and lie and never doubt their own words...

The grandiosity is not what is so dangerous, it's the malignancy, the need to take revenge and "set things right" again. I would rather have a 5 year old with his finger on the nuke button than trump. The 5 year old has better self control.

For me it would have to be at least a 9 year old. I have seen 5 year olds with Trump's temperament.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
19-03-2017, 11:07 AM
(19-03-2017 11:00 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 07:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  The world is crawling with narcissistic people - politicians, actors, models, company bosses, youth leaders, religious figures and on and on and on. Common narcissism is mildly irritating to those not afflicted.

For me it would have to be at least a 9 year old. I have seen 5 year olds with Trump's temperament.

Not having raised any kids myself, I bow to your judgement on this. Bowing

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-03-2017, 11:19 AM
(19-03-2017 11:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 11:00 AM)tomilay Wrote:  For me it would have to be at least a 9 year old. I have seen 5 year olds with Trump's temperament.

He's right, trump acts just like my boys when they were about 9 or 10
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
19-03-2017, 12:51 PM
(19-03-2017 11:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 11:00 AM)tomilay Wrote:  For me it would have to be at least a 9 year old. I have seen 5 year olds with Trump's temperament.

Yep. There is arrested development in there. While he is clearly maladjusted, one cannot rule out that the current episode is motivated by an attempt to distract from more serious issues.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
19-03-2017, 01:06 PM
(18-03-2017 07:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  He is a text book case. He is used in universities to demonstrate the illness.

While this might or might not be accurate, it would couched in the idea of character and not diagnosing him personally. It's ok to use a personality trait or example, e.g. Napoleon Complex.

There is a difference between using a public figure to highlight their apparent public flaws and actually diagnosing them, medically.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-03-2017, 01:43 PM
(19-03-2017 01:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 07:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  He is a text book case. He is used in universities to demonstrate the illness.

While this might or might not be accurate, it would couched in the idea of character and not diagnosing him personally. It's ok to use a personality trait or example, e.g. Napoleon Complex.

There is a difference between using a public figure to highlight their apparent public flaws and actually diagnosing them, medically.

Quote:“He’s so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example of his characteristics,” said clinical psychologist George Simon, who conducts lectures and seminars on manipulative behavior. “Otherwise, I would have had to hire actors and write vignettes. He’s like a dream come true.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/d...therapists

Do read the article. There is no doubt at all. Thing is, never before has a president laid himself so bare - his tweets actually record his disordered thought perfectly.