The Brits done it! Not.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 10:46 AM
RE: The Brits done it! Not.
(21-03-2017 10:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 08:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  As an American I can say that there is some schadenfreude and some pity but it is subsumed in a sea of fear of the damage to the environment and civil rights that is expected.

I can really understand thatSad lets hope things don't pan out as bad as feared.
I do wonder who is more to blame for this, the hillbilly Trumpettes or the apathetic non voters.

It's both, of course. And there are the people whose work places disappeared and they have families, no money to move, and their towns are dying...

The latter are the ones that need to be reached and helped. The Trumpettes are a lost cause. A lot of the non-voters will very likely show up next time.

It's the poor (non)working families who need to understand how it works and who can help and how. They are starting to see trump told lies and they wanted to believe so badly.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
21-03-2017, 11:01 AM
RE: The Brits done it! Not.
(21-03-2017 10:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 10:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I can really understand thatSad lets hope things don't pan out as bad as feared.
I do wonder who is more to blame for this, the hillbilly Trumpettes or the apathetic non voters.

It's both, of course. And there are the people whose work places disappeared and they have families, no money to move, and their towns are dying...

The latter are the ones that need to be reached and helped. The Trumpettes are a lost cause. A lot of the non-voters will very likely show up next time.

It's the poor (non)working families who need to understand how it works and who can help and how. They are starting to see trump told lies and they wanted to believe so badly.

Yes makes sense, I find the whole thing genuinely tragic, no bullshit no mocking just horrible and sad, America has stumbled to the edge of a gapeing abyss. The man is just awful and totally unfit to rule.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post