The Cancer Sucks thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2017, 04:47 PM
RE: The Cancer Sucks thread
(09-09-2017 04:21 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(09-09-2017 03:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  I have a doctors appointment next week I'm due for a prostate check maybe they can do it while I'm there.

In 2017, it's estimated that 16,665 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed in Australia, and that's with a small adult male population of around 7.5 million. Confused

And yep, it's only a gloved, lubricated finger up yer bum. And don't be embarrassed if you get a woody; the docs have seen it all, but the awkwardness of the scenario usually kills it off. Good luck.

I asked about getting it done last year when I was getting a colonoscopy done but they said they didn't do them there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
09-09-2017, 05:10 PM
(09-09-2017 04:47 PM)pablo Wrote:  I asked about getting it done last year when I was getting a colonoscopy done but they said they didn't do them there.

Must be different here in Oz. Any MD will do the digital exam on the spot, although if you've had a colonoscopy done in the last 12 months they may well have checked your prostate at the same time. Dunno though.

We also have the PSA test done here for free.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-09-2017, 08:14 AM
(09-09-2017 10:56 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  We've lost too many relatives and friends to various kinds of cancer. I'm gonna take this post as a reminder for both of us to look up when our last colonoscopies were to see if either of us are due again.

I've had on my "to do" list for a year to make an appointment with a dermatologist to get a skin cancer screening. My friend died on Tuesday while I was away on business. I got home Thursday night and called and made an appointment on Friday. I see the doctor in October (earliest they can get me in).

This was a real wake up call for me. I'm really lax with going to the doctor, but that's changing for me. I'm doing all my screenings.

I'm only 48 but I had to have a colonoscopy just before my birthday in January so I'm good there for 10 years. But, I'm nagging my wife now about getting all her tests done, too.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
10-09-2017, 09:35 AM
Achievement: I woke up today.

Goal setting: I will wake up tomorrow.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post