The Case For Legalizing Steroids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: The Case For Legalizing Steroids
(05-08-2013 02:14 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  That should be made available to anyone who wants it. Right now you need to convince a doctor to prescribe it.

Black market steroids wouldn't exist if things were better.

Can you please tell me why these individuals would need any steroids outside of their medicinal purposes?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 02:57 PM by DeepThought.)
(07-08-2013 10:51 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 02:14 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  That should be made available to anyone who wants it. Right now you need to convince a doctor to prescribe it.

Black market steroids wouldn't exist if things were better.

Can you please tell me why these individuals would need any steroids outside of their medicinal purposes?

Its not a matter of need, it's a matter of harm reduction. Some people are going to take certain things. It's better that they do it in a medical context where they can be educated and informed rather than turning to the black market.

I want ostarine. Why do I need to go through so much shit to get it? It's rediculous. Ostarine is more grey market. You can import it for "research" purposes.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
07-08-2013, 02:58 PM
OTOH, that logic could be applied to all kinds of controlled drugs. If the black market is small there may be more harm from making the harmful shit freely available to all, than from keeping it restricted to a few individuals who're crazy enough to risk sub-standard black market shit.
07-08-2013, 03:00 PM
[Image: steroids.png]

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
07-08-2013, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 03:06 PM by DeepThought.)
(07-08-2013 02:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  OTOH, that logic could be applied to all kinds of controlled drugs. If the black market is small there may be more harm from making the harmful shit freely available to all, than from keeping it restricted to a few individuals who're crazy enough to risk sub-standard black market shit.

What about the already legal stuff, oxycodone, etc... sure there are people addicted to it. I don't see everyone rushing out to buy it...

07-08-2013, 03:12 PM
(07-08-2013 03:02 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  What about the already legal stuff, oxycodone, etc... sure there are people addicted to it. I don't see everyone rushing out to buy it...

I dunno dude, I'm not that clued up about it. I assume the reason a black market exists at all is because some people are desperate for it, I assume the reason it's not freely available is that it's deemed necessary for a doctor to prescribe it as it's more dangerous to self-medicate than this oxycodone stuff.
07-08-2013, 03:16 PM
(07-08-2013 02:54 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Its not a matter of need, it's a matter of harm reduction. Some people are going to take certain things. It's better that they do it in a medical context where they can be educated and informed rather than turning to the black market.

I want ostarine. Why do I need to go through so much shit to get it? It's rediculous. Ostarine is more grey market. You can import it for "research" purposes.

Education about those substances can be given without having to legalize steroids outside of supervised medicinal usage.

Why do you want ostarine?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
07-08-2013, 03:17 PM
(07-08-2013 03:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 03:02 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  What about the already legal stuff, oxycodone, etc... sure there are people addicted to it. I don't see everyone rushing out to buy it...

I dunno dude, I'm not that clued up about it. I assume the reason a black market exists at all is because some people are desperate for it, I assume the reason it's not freely available is that it's deemed necessary for a doctor to prescribe it as it's more dangerous to self-medicate than this oxycodone stuff.

Steroids are not addictive, as far as I know. For someone like me, I don't need ostarine so a doctor wouldn't prescribe it. I have to go through other means to get it.

I know ostarine at the doses I plan to take it will not be addictive. It might give me a feeling of general wellbeing and more energy. Other than that... not sure.

07-08-2013, 03:20 PM
(04-08-2013 04:44 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I'm not so impressed with the Performance Enhancing Ability of this shit. If you can't hit a baseball thrown 95 mph all the steroids in the world will not change that.

Maybe in football where size, in itself, matters.

But one of the arguments against steroids - to quote George Carlin - is "what about the fucking children?" Side effects for the long term usage of steroids are:

Side effects of long-term steroid use includes:

Glaucoma
Cataracts
High-blood pressure
Heart disease
Diabetes mellitus
Obesity
Acid reflux/GERD
Osteoporosis
Myopathy
Increase in certain types of infections
Cushing syndrome

(About.com)

Now, contrast that with this list of known side-effects for ritalin which is given to kids like it was fucking M & M's.

Quote:Abdominal pain
Aggressive or hostile
behavior
Agitation
Angina (sudden acute pain)
Anorexia
Blisters or rash
Blood pressure and pulse
changes
Changes in mood
Changes in sex drive or
ability
Changes in vision or
blurred vision
Chest pain
Constipation
Depression
Diarrhea
Difficulty breathing or
swallowing
Difficulty falling asleep or
staying asleep
Dizziness or faintness
Drowsiness
Dry mouth
Fast, pounding, or irregular
heartbeat
Fever
Hallucinations
Headaches
Heartburn
Hives
Hoarseness
Hypersensitivity
Increased irritability
Insomnia
Involuntary tics and
twitching
Itching
Liver problems
Loss of appetite
Mania
Mental/mood changes
Muscle or joint pain
Nausea
Nervousness
Painful menstruation
Psychosis
Purple blotches under
the skin
Rash
Restlessness
Seizures
Slow or difficult speech
Sore throat
Stomach pain
Stuffed or runny nose
Stunted growth
Suicidal thoughts
Swelling inside the nose
Swelling of the eyes, face,
tongue, or throat
Toxic psychosis
Unusual bleeding or
bruising
Unusual sadness or crying
Unusual weakness or
tiredness
Violent behavior
Vomiting
Weakness or numbness of
an arm or leg
Weight loss
“Zombie” demeanor

Could it be that the "authorities" are full of shit?

Forgot the most common one. Weeping
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicular_atrophy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
07-08-2013, 03:21 PM
(07-08-2013 03:16 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Why do you want ostarine?

Already said. Dont want to repeat.