The Case For Legalizing Steroids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: The Case For Legalizing Steroids
(07-08-2013 04:39 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I baught some from a place and it got intercepted by customs. They sent me a letter about anabolic or steroidal compounds. They said if I try to import it again they could take legal action. Mostly because of sports doping I think.

I now have to resort to more creative means. The other side is cost. They rip you off and the purity is questionable. One of them was selling s4 or andarine marketed as ostarine.

I can get 1kg synthesized by a chemist at high purity myself. Thats a lifetime supply and it will be cheaper that way. Don't need to bother with customs bullshit then.

Ah, good old paranoid Australian Customs. Hell you poor bastards can't even buy melatonin without a script. It's not an issue in the USA 'cause it ain't categorized as a controlled substance here (yet). Check out Ostamax. They're based in Melbourne so you might be able to cut both Customs and the Postal Service out of the loop.

But realize that when you decide to be a guinea pig for research chemicals, the community expects feedback. Smile

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 05:40 PM
(07-08-2013 04:23 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Ostarine isn't addictive as far as I know. At any dose up to and including ld50 (lethal dose).

The government stance on addiction is idiotic to some extent. Alcohol is addictive and legal. The damage it does is worse than allot of illegal drugs.

So there are alcaholics. What happened during the prohibition era?

Addiction has allot of components to it, genetic factors, way you think, etc.

The public outcry is not nearly comparable to what the prohibition was like. Steroid use is not as widespread, but is often more dangerous than alcohol.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
07-08-2013, 05:53 PM
(07-08-2013 05:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 04:23 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Ostarine isn't addictive as far as I know. At any dose up to and including ld50 (lethal dose).

The government stance on addiction is idiotic to some extent. Alcohol is addictive and legal. The damage it does is worse than allot of illegal drugs.

The public outcry is not nearly comparable to what the prohibition was like. Steroid use is not as widespread, but is often more dangerous than alcohol.

Prove it...

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
07-08-2013, 06:20 PM
(07-08-2013 05:53 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Prove it...

Can you show me a vocal populist movement with widespread support gaining leverage in the U.S government so that steroids can be legal? Can you show me massive underground criminal organizations based solely around dealing steroids? Show me how it is such a major, popular issue.

07-08-2013, 07:08 PM
(07-08-2013 05:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Steroid use ... is often more dangerous than alcohol.

This bit.

I know its not as common.
You can even substitute alcohol for tobacco. Tobacco is as addictive as heroin since it activates similar/same reward circuits without the euphoric high. Either is fine for the example.

I wonder how much of the danger is caused by it being illegal. I don't think it would become popular if it was legalized.

07-08-2013, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 09:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-08-2013 05:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The public outcry is not nearly comparable to what the prohibition was like. Steroid use is not as widespread, but is often more dangerous than alcohol.

I'm calling bullshit. "More dangerous than alcohol"? You're a fucking kid who has no fucking idea or experience of what we are talking about. ...Eat what we eat or shut the fuck up kid.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-08-2013, 11:01 PM
(07-08-2013 04:23 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The government stance on addiction is idiotic to some extent. Alcohol is addictive and legal. The damage it does is worse than allot of illegal drugs.

This is true of most governments, probably all. But at least they do have some sort of advisory board (one hopes) of doctors who can provide an expert opinion.
08-08-2013, 12:26 AM
(07-08-2013 05:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Again, show me the bodies, Logica.

I've been using steroids on a medical basis for over 17 years now. I also know plenty of gym rats who take 'em too. I've never seen dangerous side effects with them, if they're taken in a controlled fashion.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
08-08-2013, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 03:11 AM by Logica Humano.)
(07-08-2013 07:08 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I wonder how much of the danger is caused by it being illegal. I don't think it would become popular if it was legalized.

I don't know if it would or wouldn't. I am simply asking if you think it is worth legalizing dangerous substances because you want to rock climb.

(07-08-2013 08:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm calling bullshit. "More dangerous than alcohol"? You're a fucking kid who has no fucking idea or experience of what we are talking about. ...Eat what we eat or shut the fuck up kid.

Oh, so because I am younger than you it obviously means I can't research the dangers of both substances and logically conclude which is more dangerous? Fuck you, Girlyman, this isn't a dohyo.

08-08-2013, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 05:29 AM by DeepThought.)
(08-08-2013 02:44 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I don't know if it would or wouldn't. I am simply asking if you think it is worth legalizing dangerous substances because you want to rock climb.

Legal or not, is it effective in stopping people from aquiring ostarine or is it simply making things more dangerous?

My opinion. When there is demand, there is supply, in one form or another. That statement seems to match reality quite well. You can try to cut off the supply, but you aren't getting the dandelion by its roots. Another supplier will spring up. It's the law of the market. The way governments approach this is broken.

You know the definition of insanity? It's doing the same thing again and again and thinking "This time it will be different. This time I will cut off the drug supply for good."

Also, I'm still interested to hear how you claim steroids are more dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. Empty words isn't convincing enough for me. Whether your conclusions are logical or illogical remains to be seen. Not looking promising so far, good luck with that.