The Case For Legalizing Steroids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: The Case For Legalizing Steroids
(09-08-2013 03:06 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-08-2013 03:04 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Wasn't that article referring to corticosteroids?

Was it?

Do you know the difference?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2013, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 06:29 AM by Logica Humano.)
(09-08-2013 03:09 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Do you know the difference?

Yes, I just did not realize it wasn't about anabolic steroids. However, the NIH still shows the same effects I spoke of for anabolic steroid use.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
09-08-2013, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 05:18 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-08-2013 03:24 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-08-2013 03:09 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Do you know the difference?

Yes, I just did not realize it wasn't about anabolic steroids. However, the NIH still shows the same effects I spoke of for anabolic steroid use.

'Cept for the depression and anemia. Tongue

Nope. It shows adverse effects for anabolic-androgenic steroid abuse not use. Abusers typically take anywhere from 10-100x the therapeutic dose and reach supraphysiological levels anywhere from 3-5x greater than the highest natural levels so they can look preternatural. Dunno why they want to look like that, but 'tain't nunna my business. But 3-5x the highest natural levels of anything is asking for trouble. They do serve a valuable public service by providing anecdotal evidence and case studies as research guinea pigs even if their experiments are uncontrolled. Long term responsible AAS use, not abuse, at therapeutic dosages with proper blood test monitoring is pretty damn safe even if you're self-medicating. Only adverse side effect after 6-7 years I've noticed is raisin nuts and I'm not at all sure that's an adverse effect. My brother who suffers from hereditary angioedema been on one of the bodybuilders favorites Winstrol, which don't aromatize into estrogen, for decades. Abuse is not use. I don't see anything particularly irresponsible in DeepThought's proposed use of a SARM. He's done the math and SARMs have far fewer side effects than AAS. That's precisely why there is such an interest in them.

I think I'm in favor of having "open" sport divisions where there is no drug testing at all and the "natural" divisions which are tested like they are today. I wanna see what kinda difference technology can make. As far as making Androgel OTC, I personally am financially opposed to it 'cause that shit's expensive and my copay is cheaper than what the OTC cost would be.

No, just no. No

[Image: steroid1.gif][Image: steroid2.jpg]

Her clit is bigger than my dick. ... Hell, so are her balls. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-08-2013, 10:22 AM
If you guys have the time, this is a pretty good documentary on Steroid use.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
10-08-2013, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 11:00 AM by GirlyMan.)
(10-08-2013 10:22 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  If you guys have the time, this is a pretty good documentary on Steroid use.

Yup, that's a good one all right. Mark "Smelly" Bell is now one of the strongest men on the planet, runs one of the top rated gyms in the country and holds a patent for his "Slingshot" benchpress support. Steroids been berry berry good to him. On the flip side, Mike Bell died at 37 yo. Steroids were not berry berry good to him.

10-08-2013, 11:04 AM
(10-08-2013 10:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 10:22 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  If you guys have the time, this is a pretty good documentary on Steroid use.

Yup, that's a good one all right. Mark "Smelly" Bell is now one of the strongest men on the planet, runs one of the top rated gyms in the country and holds a patent for his "Slingshot" benchpress support. Steroids been berry berry good to him. On the flip side, Mike Bell died at 37 yo. Steroids were not berry berry good to him.

Steroids didn't kill Mike. He had other substance abuse problems that did that. Poor guy.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

10-08-2013, 11:09 AM
I don't know why anyone would want to look like that -I sure wouldn't want to touch that! Shocking

But - whatever.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-08-2013, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 11:25 AM by GirlyMan.)
(10-08-2013 11:04 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 10:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yup, that's a good one all right. Mark "Smelly" Bell is now one of the strongest men on the planet, runs one of the top rated gyms in the country and holds a patent for his "Slingshot" benchpress support. Steroids been berry berry good to him. On the flip side, Mike Bell died at 37 yo. Steroids were not berry berry good to him.

Steroids didn't kill Mike. He had other substance abuse problems that did that. Poor guy.

That is true. He died from a heart attack from "accidentally" huffing Dust-Off in rehab. But the steroids still didn't do for Mad Dog what they did for Smelly either. He might've expected too much of them since professional wrestling relies far more on personality and muscularity/size than strength.

(10-08-2013 11:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't know why anyone would want to look like that -I sure wouldn't want to touch that! Shocking

But - whatever.

Deep seated inferiority complex maybe? Dunno, not a shrink, but there's certainly something different going on in the old gulliver when the pursuit of perfection leads to the grotesque.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-08-2013, 11:18 AM
(10-08-2013 11:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't know why anyone would want to look like that -I sure wouldn't want to touch that! Shocking

But - whatever.

It's an attention thing, Dom. Women may not be sexually attracted to that, but being built like that gets attention, wanted or not, from both men and women.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
10-08-2013, 11:31 AM
(10-08-2013 11:17 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 11:04 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Steroids didn't kill Mike. He had other substance abuse problems that did that. Poor guy.

That is true. He died from a heart attack from "accidentally" huffing Dust-Off in rehab. But the steroids still didn't do for Mad Dog what they did for Smelly either. He might've expected too much of them since professional wrestling relies far more on personality and muscularity/size than strength.

But - whatever.

Deep seated inferiority complex maybe? Dunno, not a shrink, but there's certainly something different going on in the old gulliver when the pursuit of perfection leads to the grotesque.

I don't know that much about Mad Dog other than occasionally seeing him as a wrestler on TV or in that documentary. It did seem to me that he set being a pro wrestler as the epitome of existence and just couldn't cope with it when it didn't come true.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"