The Case for Teaching Cursive Writing...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: The Case for Teaching Cursive Writing...
I think they should stop. I already translate German shit in the Suetterlinschrift into English; if all cursive is phased out, people might start paying me to "translate" their mother's recipes from English to English. Easy peasy.

Though I do think they should at least go over it once or twice in schools, unless they plan on replacing signatures with something else.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Hmm... I just thought about something. Might not have much to do with much. Since I have to go to work now, how about someone do a little quick research on Handwriting analysis. I think they do psychological profiles on people's handwriting which actually stands up in court cases.

And another thought... and not to bum anyone out... the way we noticed there was something going on with my Grandma was that her handwriting began to look quite odd and thereafter, deteriorated quite rapidly. That's when we got her early diagnosis of Altzheimers. Early diagnosis gave us several more years to be with her and she faired much better than most before her death.

Such a small thing like handwriting... why waste time aspiring to be less, when we can so easily be taught to be more?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-11-2012, 03:48 AM
This whole subject is just beyond my comprehension... How could anyone call themselves "literate" persons if you can't read/write with cursive letters? I didn't use it since high school, but it matters not.

Tell me, do teacher allow their students to use anything else except cursive writing? Homework, exams, anything?

Seriously, some people and some ideas...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user