The Catholic/Christian Disparity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 06:01 AM
RE: The Catholic/Christian Disparity
(23-05-2014 05:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 03:12 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The Roman government created the contents of the new Testament and its canon.

The whole damn show is pretty much the creation of the Roman Catholic Church / government.

Considered from the historical perspective, for Protestants to claim they are the true Christians is...um... rather ridiculous.

Care to defend the above in the boxing ring?

LOL. I think you're gonna need vaseline dude, 'cos you're about to get reamed.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
23-05-2014, 06:03 AM
(23-05-2014 05:51 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 08:29 PM)wazzel Wrote:  You guys were not south enough.

South Carolina is pretty south. Not till I moved there did I know that being Catholic was so much like being a Satanist. Blink

That is way north of me. South of I-10 along the gulf coast is fairly catholic, especally in Louisiana. I am like 60 miles SSW of New Orleans.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
23-05-2014, 06:07 AM
(23-05-2014 06:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 05:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Care to defend the above in the boxing ring?

LOL. I think you're gonna need vaseline dude, 'cos you're about to get reamed.

He has to accept first. Maybe you could convince him to?
23-05-2014, 06:09 AM
(22-05-2014 05:31 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  And so, I have to ask legitimately, jokes aside: can anybody please explain to me why there is such a massive disconnect between the Catholic side of Christianity and the other side?

It may or may not come from the idea that denomination X is the "true" denomination, and Catholics just happen to not be denomination X. Perhaps they read too much Jack Chick as a kid and some of it stuck. Some of it might be half-remembered stuff they heard about Catholicism in confirmation class.

Growing up Lutheran, I was made well aware of the distinctions between Catholic belief and Lutheran belief so that we could be told why we believe what we believe. Given that Luther was responsible for what would eventually become the Catholic/Protestant split, I can see Lutherans spending a lot of time talking about it. Hell, at my old church, Reformation Sunday was almost as big a deal as Easter and Christmas. So, it wouldn't surprise me if your average non-Lutheran Christian wasn't told as much about Catholicism as I was.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-05-2014, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 06:57 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-05-2014 06:07 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 06:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  LOL. I think you're gonna need vaseline dude, 'cos you're about to get reamed.

He has to accept first. Maybe you could convince him to?

Hopefully he will look at your other pathetic debate wastes-of-time, where you do nothing but spout inane questions, and refuse to define your terms. Actually debating you is granting legitimacy to a lying, disingenuous piece of crap. I think we need a "Wanker's lies/unkept promises for Jebus" thread.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2014, 06:21 AM
I would hate to see Mark waste his time with this one.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-05-2014, 06:23 AM
(23-05-2014 05:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 03:12 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The Roman government created the contents of the new Testament and its canon.

The whole damn show is pretty much the creation of the Roman Catholic Church / government.

Considered from the historical perspective, for Protestants to claim they are the true Christians is...um... rather ridiculous.

Care to defend the above in the boxing ring?
You plan on trying to re-define history or something?
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
23-05-2014, 06:24 AM
(23-05-2014 05:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 05:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  "Atheism and Theism", I guess you don't know how to read.

This is an atheist forum. Why would he ask the question in an atheist forum?

That would be like me going to a Christian forum and asking them why the disparity among atheists?

Yet YOU are here talking about being a former atheist, and you think that makes sense. Many here are former Christians. I see critical thinking is not one of your string suits. One of believers favorite pass-times is to project their assumptions about non-believers on people they have never met, as you well know, and often participate in.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2014, 06:30 AM
(23-05-2014 05:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 05:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  "Atheism and Theism", I guess you don't know how to read.

This is an atheist forum. Why would he ask the question in an atheist forum?

That would be like me going to a Christian forum and asking them why the disparity among atheists?

Except most christians do not have an athiest background. Lots of athiest have a religious background and are generally well versed in the particular religion they were in. I am ex-catholic and know more about the catholic church than my kids high school religion teachers. I am like this becasue when I started to doubt I studied to try and find the answers. I studied doctrine of the church, history (traditions) of the church and seculary history of religion. I know very few practicing catholics that have done any of that.
[+] 5 users Like wazzel's post
23-05-2014, 07:50 AM

I sure wish you would state that as opinion rather than fact.

Because it is only your opinion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post