Dara O'Briain did a great bit on this exact same issue:

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
23-05-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: The Catholic/Christian Disparity
(23-05-2014 05:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 03:12 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The Roman government created the contents of the new Testament and its canon.

The whole damn show is pretty much the creation of the Roman Catholic Church / government.

Considered from the historical perspective, for Protestants to claim they are the true Christians is...um... rather ridiculous.

Care to defend the above in the boxing ring?

Okay Jeremy, I accept your challenge, but there a number of conditions that you really should agree to if you genuinely want to have a meaningful discussion.

Firstly, you must not ignore, or dismiss what I write without discussing it. If you learn something, admit that you have. You will be liked and respected much more if you do. I will return the compliment. If you repetitively avoid discussing topics I won't continue.

Secondly, if I suggest you look something up, you are not to be lazy and ignore the suggestion. I will respect you by doing the same.

Thirdly, I insist that you check your spelling, grammar and punctuation with every post so that what you are trying to say is made clear.

Fourthly, be patient. I am on the other side of the world, in a different time zone to you. I am also very busy at the moment setting up a new business, building a house, and getting a book published. You may have to wait a day or two for a reply.

You can start the debate off. It would be nice for everyone if you could make it clear what brand of Christian you are, as it is central to the topic of the debate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
23-05-2014, 07:43 PM
(23-05-2014 05:31 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 05:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Care to defend the above in the boxing ring?

Okay Jeremy, I accept your challenge, but there a number of conditions that you really should agree to if you genuinely want to have a meaningful discussion.

Firstly, you must not ignore, or dismiss what I write without discussing it. If you learn something, admit that you have. You will be liked and respected much more if you do. I will return the compliment. If you repetitively avoid discussing topics I won't continue.

Secondly, if I suggest you look something up, you are not to be lazy and ignore the suggestion. I will respect you by doing the same.

Thirdly, I insist that you check your spelling, grammar and punctuation with every post so that what you are trying to say is made clear.

Fourthly, be patient. I am on the other side of the world, in a different time zone to you. I am also very busy at the moment setting up a new business, building a house, and getting a book published. You may have to wait a day or two for a reply.

You can start the debate off. It would be nice for everyone if you could make it clear what brand of Christian you are, as it is central to the topic of the debate.

Good luck.

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
[+] 1 user Likes Bible Belt Brawler's post
23-05-2014, 07:47 PM
(23-05-2014 07:43 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 05:31 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Okay Jeremy, I accept your challenge, but there a number of conditions that you really should agree to if you genuinely want to have a meaningful discussion.

Good luck.

I think Jeremy needs the luck a lot more than Mark Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
23-05-2014, 09:22 PM
(23-05-2014 07:43 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 05:31 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Okay Jeremy, I accept your challenge, but there a number of conditions that you really should agree to if you genuinely want to have a meaningful discussion.

Good luck.

I see he is in the boxing ring with you too at the moment, (and has said nothing sensible to date.) He must think Jeebus is very proud of him.
23-05-2014, 09:44 PM
(23-05-2014 09:22 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 07:43 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  Good luck.

I see he is in the boxing ring with you too at the moment, (and has said nothing sensible to date.) He must think Jeebus is very proud of him.

Mark, you seem like a really smart guy...you didn't really expect sensible, did you? Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
23-05-2014, 10:26 PM
(23-05-2014 05:19 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Dara O'Briain did a great bit on this exact same issue:

Love Dara and I'll raise you some Dylan Moran!

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-05-2014, 10:36 PM
(23-05-2014 05:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 03:12 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The Roman government created the contents of the new Testament and its canon.

The whole damn show is pretty much the creation of the Roman Catholic Church / government.

Considered from the historical perspective, for Protestants to claim they are the true Christians is...um... rather ridiculous.

Care to defend the above in the boxing ring?

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHA!!!!!

Oh, aren't you SOOOOOO DESPERATE to get back in the ring and get your head handed to you again.

How fucking CUTE.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-05-2014, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 11:20 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(23-05-2014 12:05 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Who cares? It ain't your cult. Tongue

But it seems to me it's just derivative of the self-righteous nonsense of the lot of 'em. Somebody's gotta be wrong with these people, and since they think they know wtf they're talking about with Christianity, they have more ammo ostracizing members of their own cult.

Hey.

June US magazine.

Page 103.

This ain't the pic, but its close....

[Image: gwyneth-paltrow-pink-bikini-mama-with-sh...tin-01.jpg]

Edit: Oh, here ya go -- can't grab the image URL, but can point you to the page.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body...2012/34892

OH, and here's another.

[Image: gwyneth-paltrow-pink-bikini-mama-with-sh...tin-03.jpg]

Don't say I never did nuthin' for ya Bro. Heh.

Fuckin' Taq....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-05-2014, 10:49 PM
(23-05-2014 09:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 09:22 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I see he is in the boxing ring with you too at the moment, (and has said nothing sensible to date.) He must think Jeebus is very proud of him.

Mark, you seem like a really smart guy...you didn't really expect sensible, did you? Sadcryface

No, not really.

It will be target practise. I wanna sharpen my technique.