The Catholic/Christian Disparity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: The Catholic/Christian Disparity
(29-05-2014 02:47 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(28-05-2014 06:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  He's fled here and is now over spouting bullshit at christianforums.com.

So, in a way, yes. Excpt for that pesky part about there being atheists eating his lunch over there, as well as a few xtians calling him on his bullshit.

What!

Where's the real Christians? What am I gonna do for entertainment? I bet if Martin fuckin luther were alive today he'd not give up.
Jermy didn't give up; he didn't retreat. Call is a "tactical re-deployment".

Hobo

Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
30-05-2014, 11:31 AM
(29-05-2014 03:43 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 02:47 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  What!

Where's the real Christians? What am I gonna do for entertainment? I bet if Martin fuckin luther were alive today he'd not give up.
Jermy didn't give up; he didn't retreat. Call is a "tactical re-deployment".

Hobo

Tongue

lol

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
30-05-2014, 02:03 PM
I was raised Baptist and remember arguing with some friends that just because someone is Catholic it doesn't mean they are necessarily going to hell, and it's possible that someone could be both Catholic and a Christian... Blush

I knew that they claimed to believe in the same God/Jesus/Holy Spirit combo I believed in, but their practices were so different that I couldn't see how that was true. Saying prayers to Mary and the Saints seemed like worshiping false gods, the iconography was(is) creepy, and the way the pope and priests inserted themselves between the people and God seemed to contradict Jesus when he said "no man comes to the father but by me."

But, they're all Christians now as far as I'm concerned. Lecture_preist

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
31-05-2014, 11:06 AM
(30-05-2014 02:03 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I was raised Baptist and remember arguing with some friends that just because someone is Catholic it doesn't mean they are necessarily going to hell, and it's possible that someone could be both Catholic and a Christian... Blush

I knew that they claimed to believe in the same God/Jesus/Holy Spirit combo I believed in, but their practices were so different that I couldn't see how that was true. Saying prayers to Mary and the Saints seemed like worshiping false gods, the iconography was(is) creepy, and the way the pope and priests inserted themselves between the people and God seemed to contradict Jesus when he said "no man comes to the father but by me."

But, they're all Christians now as far as I'm concerned. Lecture_preist

[almost] Every religion sees every other religion as insane. Their fairy, of course, makes sense. Laugh out load

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
[+] 2 users Like Bible Belt Brawler's post