The Catholic Church and the Contraception Issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2012, 07:16 AM
The Catholic Church and the Contraception Issue
http://logicspeaks.com/the-catholic-chur...ion-issue/

I think the cartoon more or less sums it up in my mind.

This is what happens when a group of people arrive at a false sense of certainty based on an imaginary deity. They think it's right to force other people to think and behave as they do.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like lightninlives's post
23-05-2012, 07:20 AM
RE: The Catholic Church and the Contraception Issue
(23-05-2012 07:16 AM)lightninlives Wrote:  http://logicspeaks.com/the-catholic-chur...ion-issue/

This is what happens when a group of people arrive at a false sense of certainty based on an imaginary deity. They think it's right to force other people to think and behave as they do.
The cartoon sums up pretty much all of America while you're at it.
And all of the Islamic countries too now that I think of it.

Ya know, with maybe the exception of Buddhism, I think that sums up all theism pretty nicely actually.

As for the contraception: *insert argument how it is okay to kill thousands by AIDS, but not okay to kill a few sperm here*

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
23-05-2012, 09:40 AM
(23-05-2012 07:16 AM)lightninlives Wrote:  http://logicspeaks.com/the-catholic-chur...ion-issue/

See "possibly related threads" below the screen, (the Sebelius posting). Bucky spent hours explaining how, not only is this a ridiculous position based on their OWN theology, but why, historically, their position is the result of unfortunate historical "accident".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2012, 11:09 AM
(23-05-2012 09:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

See "possibly related threads" below the screen, (the Sebelius posting). Bucky spent hours explaining how, not only is this a ridiculous position based on their OWN theology, but why, historically, their position is the result of unfortunate historical "accident".
Just checked it out. Right on!

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
23-05-2012, 02:15 PM
I grew up in a mainly Catholic area...families with eight, ten, fourteen kids weren't unusual. Families like ours with three kids were unusual but then my mom wasn't Catholic and didn't want any kids at all.

Some of these families were headed by doctors and lawyers, many were farm families breeding farm hands. The church sure wasn't there to help the ones that just kept having kids and could barely afford them...they just stuck by the rule...be fruitful and multiply...a lot. Need more Catholics and since we don't recruit, just keep having them.

A stupid, out-dated rule made, and upheld, by guys that aren't supposed to breed anyway.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post