The Chiken or The Egg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2012, 08:01 PM
The Chiken or The Egg
One night the chicken and the egg were in bed, the egg rolls over and says to the chicken "I guess that settles that question".

Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: The Chiken or The Egg
...and right after that the chicken went out and crossed the road.
Two answers in one, it's all becoming clearer.
[+] 1 user Likes Idlecuriosity's post
07-11-2012, 01:11 AM
You give two answers, but neither are correct, and then since the idiots choices are split you assume that its some kind of paradox.
But its not, it is just a false dichotomy.
07-11-2012, 04:50 AM
It's the chicken AND the egg. Don't forget yer quantum woo woo. Tongue Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
16-11-2012, 03:00 PM
and the question of incest conveniently overlooked

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
16-11-2012, 03:11 PM
that chicken is a pedophile!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
16-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Awww, nuts. This thread is in the Philosophy forum, I thought there'd be philosophy here. It's one of my favorite questions because I have several different answers, all of them valid.

But noooooo, this is just a joke.

Go tell your jokes in the coffee house.

Drinking Beverage

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
23-11-2012, 07:57 PM
(16-11-2012 03:52 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Awww, nuts. This thread is in the Philosophy forum, I thought there'd be philosophy here. It's one of my favorite questions because I have several different answers, all of them valid.

Drinking Beverage
Fuck I and I, just turn the thread into whatever the fuck you want to. From my signature, this philosophy should not be surprising. Anyway, I have given it some thought, my philosophy professor was sure that the chicken came first, however I do not agree. The answers I have came to are as follows, if you have valid alternatives, please share.

Answer 1: Obviously, the egg came first. A creature VERY similar to a chicken, but not quite chicken layed the first chicken egg and raised it.

Answer 2: Are you serious you dumb-fuck? They came at the same time. The egg contains the chicken, even if it is embryonic, the chicken developed in the egg. You cannot separate the two.

Answer 3: YOU FOOL! You think time is linear? Go blow your brains in right now and rid me of your stupidity!

Answer 4: There are no chickens and no eggs you numb-skull! Everything you perceive are just figments of your imagination.

24-11-2012, 01:49 AM
(23-11-2012 07:57 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 03:52 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Awww, nuts. This thread is in the Philosophy forum, I thought there'd be philosophy here. It's one of my favorite questions because I have several different answers, all of them valid.

Drinking Beverage
Fuck I and I, just turn the thread into whatever the fuck you want to. From my signature, this philosophy should not be surprising. Anyway, I have given it some thought, my philosophy professor was sure that the chicken came first, however I do not agree. The answers I have came to are as follows, if you have valid alternatives, please share.

Answer 1: Obviously, the egg came first. A creature VERY similar to a chicken, but not quite chicken layed the first chicken egg and raised it.

Answer 2: Are you serious you dumb-fuck? They came at the same time. The egg contains the chicken, even if it is embryonic, the chicken developed in the egg. You cannot separate the two.

Answer 3: YOU FOOL! You think time is linear? Go blow your brains in right now and rid me of your stupidity!

Answer 4: There are no chickens and no eggs you numb-skull! Everything you perceive are just figments of your imagination.
Fuck you too...

you mean fragment of your imagination?

Figment implies imagination, so how does one imagine that they are imagining something?

Drinking Beverage
24-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Watch out guys! We're going a couple of levels deeper, it's going to get Inception all up in this thread!

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.