The Chilean Mine rescue is NOT Miraculous!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2010, 06:56 AM

The Chilean Mine rescue is NOT Miraculous!
I just needed to say that. I am fed up to my eyeballs with how miraculous the rescue is. If I wouldn't piss off several family and freinds I'd update my facebook with a big Fuck You to the God that trapped those poor miners for all this time! I'm normally even keeled and oblivious the religous stuff, but situation is beyond ridiculous.
Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2010, 09:33 AM

RE: The Chilean Mine rescue is NOT Miraculous!
I know what you mean. Reminds me of football players giving credit to god when they score touchdowns but not when they fumble, miss a field goal, drop a pass, etc. It's a miracle when they're rescued but nobody pointed the finger at god when they were trapped in the mine!
13-10-2010, 10:43 AM

I guess what particularly bothered me is that a lot of very skilled people worked long and hard to rescue those guys, but Glory To God! Yeah well stuff it!
13-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Well at least we can give credit where credit is due, for what little it may be worth. At least we know who the real heroes are in this whole unfortunate mess, I'm just glad the survivors ordeal is finally over. The real winner here are the families, never mind the religious wing nuts.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2010, 11:19 AM

It's always interesting to me how Theists will praise god for getting them out of the situation, god watched them fall into.

It's not a miracle, the Chilean miners are out of the confines of that mine so soon. It's technology, a rescue cage, hoists and a lot of work topside. A miracle would have entailed their never being in peril in the first place, after all those prayers said to accompany them to the job.
13-10-2010, 01:41 PM

I love your sig Gassy Kitten.

And to stay relevant, I agree.
13-10-2010, 05:34 PM
All I know is never again will I complain about being "stuck at the office". I don't how those guys survived 60+ days in a black hole like that.

I don't think it's "miraculous" in the literal sense but, in the metaphorical sense, yeah, I think it's pretty miraculous that at this point (with 4 left under ground as I'm typing this) all of them are alive and in seemingly in good health. The miracle workers here are not God but the people who got the fiber optic feed down to them so they could talk to doctors and psychologists to get them through the ordeal, the engineers who managed to devise a way to get them food, water and other necessities and haul their waste up so they did not contaminate themselves, and of course the people who coordinated the effort to dig them out of there.

Not a miracle in the biblical sense but I think it's fair to call it miraculous.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
13-10-2010, 07:18 PM

The last miner is free. SmileAll 33 miners free as Chile rescue goes off flawlessly
13-10-2010, 07:46 PM

(13-10-2010 06:56 AM)Dregs Wrote:  I just needed to say that. I am fed up to my eyeballs with how miraculous the rescue is. If I wouldn't piss off several family and freinds I'd update my facebook with a big Fuck You to the God that trapped those poor miners for all this time! I'm normally even keeled and oblivious the religous stuff, but situation is beyond ridiculous.

You guys keep swiping my threads! Just kiddin'.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as #18 got out, dropped to his knees and prayed to the god who allowed him to be trapped in a hole for 69 days before even hugging his wife. Now if they had been magically transported to the top of the hole 68 days ago, that would have been a miracle.

This makes 0 sense to me. I got really dirty looks when I pointed this out to friends today, so I'm glad I'm not alone in my skeptical cynicism!
14-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Credit where credit is due. God let them get into the mess. Men got them out of the mess. Men create miracles. God sucks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Antarctic expedition leader on rescue attempts: 'We're just keeping hope' HU.Junyuan 1 112 31-12-2013 03:08 AM
Last Post: DLJ