(The) Christian Exodus - In The Planning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2011, 12:28 PM

(The) Christian Exodus - In The Planning
Planned Resettlement
In order to accelerate the return to self-government based upon Biblical principles, Christian Exodus recommends planned resettlement to areas more amiable towards the practices of independent Christian living. With fellow believers of like mind nearby, support structures can be provided to encourage cooperation and community living.

* South Carolina ( 1 Article )

The primary recommended area of resettlement is the State of South Carolina, especially the Upcountry outside of Greenville. Christian Exodus members who have moved to the area appreciate the culture, climate, and lower cost of living.
* Idaho ( 1 Article )
Idaho has earned a reputation as a place where one can still breathe free, and relatively inexpensively, in a beautiful natural environment. Idaho is perhaps the most home-school friendly place in America. No government notification is required, nor any reporting of curriculum, nor progress in schooling.
* Latin America ( 1 Article )

Anticipating severe economic hardships and a loss of civil liberties in the United States, some Christian Exodus members are considering moving to Latin America. One country being investigated is Panama. It has a very pleasant climate, abundant natural beauty, economic opportunity, personal privacy, low taxation, rich food sources, and many other advantages.

An interesting notion, though not one well thought out I'm guessing. What about defense? Commerce? This reminds me of that joke, if you can't live with 'em, move away.
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 03:39 PM
RE: (The) Christian Exodus - In The Planning
Intentional communities. It's been going on for some time now at places like Dancing Rabbit and Gaviotas (I highly recommend the book). I suppose it was only a matter of time before Evangelicals started doing it.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 11:17 PM
It would make me extremely happy and the world a far better place if all the seriously religious people moved to an island like Madagascar, which is plenty big enough to hold them all, especially if that meant none of them was in charge of our nuclear or biological weapons anymore.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
04-04-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm all for it, looking at moving to New Hampshire myself.

Though i can understand why the residents of those area's would be annoyed.