The Christian God incentivizes the wrong things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: The Christian God incentivizes the wrong things
(23-12-2013 09:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 09:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  Actually He did.

Please provide a citation.
I will when you believe in God. Smile

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2013, 07:55 PM
(24-12-2013 01:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 09:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 09:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 09:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  And your god didn't say why he created the world. Dodgy
Actually He did.
Please provide a citation.

Were you lying when you said that God told us why he created the world? Now that Chas seeks a quotation from a holy book or some other source you feign cheekyness to avoid the question. The question is a serious one, so wouldn't you say it deserves a serious answer? Do you have any documentation or evidence to back up your claims, or were you negligent or lying when you made those claims? Can we expect this to continue to be your approach on other issues: Make spurious statements and then fail to back them up with even the weak testimony a holy book as source material?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
24-12-2013, 07:59 PM
(23-12-2013 09:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please provide a citation.

Provide a citation or shut the fuck up. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-12-2013, 08:17 PM
It seems to me that discussing or hypothetically arguing the in's and out's of the nature of any religion's god as an argument against religious beliefs is completely pointless; Its just the same as attempting to argue against the hypothetical nature of Joffrey Baratheon or Count Dracula.

Why do you have to argue on the religion's person's terms, arguing against their logic from within their logic, when there's not even a possibility that these gods would exist from the outset anyway? What the fuck does it matter if the nature of these fictional characters is illogical or contradictory or evil?

That's all irrelevant, the fact is: all these characters are fictional until proven otherwise. And it hasn't been proven and never will because the very idea of anything like that ever existing at all is so unrealistic and so unlikely that it's fucking ridiculous. As if, in the real world, an invented character would turn out to exist AND turn out to be THE explanation for all of reality. Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
24-12-2013, 08:48 PM
(24-12-2013 08:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

"But I believe that love is the answer
I believe that love will find the way
I believe that love is the answer
I believe that love will find the way."

Girly believes.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
25-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Back to topic, one thing I find most amazing about this just believe stuff is the schism it creates in Christianity. At least Catholics think works play some role, even if most of them are useless things like honoring Mary or doing penance. Luther was pretty pissed about this notion that and asserted sola fide. Many died due to the distinction.

A large swath of Protestantism today (including most Baptists) believes Catholics will burn forever because they are adding their works to Christ's finished work. It is the height of insanity, yet a quite common belief.

Check out Matt Slick on carm.org, a very popular internet apologist. His popularity centers on his condemnation of Catholics and Mormons. P's eat this shit up.
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
25-12-2013, 07:54 PM
(23-12-2013 09:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please provide a citation.

That's pretty bad. If you are going to state that God explicitly gives a reason, it is fair to ask for a citation. If you're not willing to give a citation (when you believe there is one!), then you shouldn't make the post.

(25-12-2013 08:03 AM)freetoreason Wrote:  Back to topic, one thing I find most amazing about this just believe stuff is the schism it creates in Christianity. At least Catholics think works play some role, even if most of them are useless things like honoring Mary or doing penance. Luther was pretty pissed about this notion that and asserted sola fide. Many died due to the distinction.

A large swath of Protestantism today (including most Baptists) believes Catholics will burn forever because they are adding their works to Christ's finished work. It is the height of insanity, yet a quite common belief.

Check out Matt Slick on carm.org, a very popular internet apologist. His popularity centers on his condemnation of Catholics and Mormons. P's eat this shit up.

Or tell them about Rob Bell and watch them start frothing with anger about false doctrines and heresy.
27-12-2013, 03:27 PM
(24-12-2013 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 01:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  I will when you believe in God. Smile

Provide a citation or shut the fuck up. Drinking Beverage
1)I don't follow your orders.
2)I don't want to tell you. Drinking Beverage

27-12-2013, 03:36 PM
(25-12-2013 07:54 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 01:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  I will when you believe in God. Smile
That's pretty bad. If you are going to state that God explicitly gives a reason, it is fair to ask for a citation. If you're not willing to give a citation (when you believe there is one!), then you shouldn't make the post.
If I knew he will ask me for the source I wouldn't say anything. I regret I answered to him.
The source that I have he calls "moronic text". I didn't want to refer him to something that he considers to be "moronic text".
So, why did you create your town? any particular reason?

27-12-2013, 03:47 PM
(27-11-2013 10:31 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Lots of issues with the analogy, but as it stands, I'd say the simplest counter is that the people who don't swear allegiance aren't too bright, or are blinded by pride.
If I told you to jump off a tall building and to have faith that you won't be harmed, would you be not "too bright" for not jumping? No, just the opposite.

I know, you'll say that's not an accurate analogy. My example risks throwing your life away if you have faith mistakenly whereas as yours...

...oh yeah, wasting your whole life worshiping a fake god is throwing your life away too. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair