The Christian God incentivizes the wrong things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: The Christian God incentivizes the wrong things
(27-12-2013 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-12-2013 07:54 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  That's pretty bad. If you are going to state that God explicitly gives a reason, it is fair to ask for a citation. If you're not willing to give a citation (when you believe there is one!), then you shouldn't make the post.
If I knew he will ask me for the source I wouldn't say anything. I regret I answered to him.
The source that I have he calls "moronic text". I didn't want to refer him to something that he considers to be "moronic text".

The point is, if you're going to make an assertion, you either need to admit it's something you're either making up or have a hunch about, of if you believe it to be fact, you need to give a reason for it. If you're not willing to give a reason for it, it's fine for him to call you on it.

Just because he doesn't accept your source as true doesn't mean that you can't give a citation. The question is whether you believe what you say because it's in the Bible or Book of Mormon, or if it's simply something you believe in addition to it. You'd be surprised how many things various Christians believe that they think is in the Bible that actually isn't. If nothing else, it can be a good exercise for you to make sure that you know why you believe something.

(27-12-2013 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, why did you create your town? any particular reason?

It was an analogy because the typical Protestant teachings don't actually give you a reason to be good, but rather just to swear an oath of allegiance. For people who don't believe it, it rubs them the wrong way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2013, 09:10 PM
(27-11-2013 10:31 AM)alpha male Wrote:  ... I'd say the simplest counter is that the people who don't swear allegiance aren't too bright, or are blinded by pride. It seems that atheists haven't played Monopoly. The Get Out Of Jail Free card is considered a good thing to have.

Funny, I can dig up the same sort of quote from an idiot superstitious Buddhist monk droning on about his reincarnation-and-karma myth: "If you don't believe in it in this life, that's OK, you will in the next."

....But I am sure the irony and the lesson-to-be-gained from this will be entirely lost on you.

Drinking Beverage

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
27-12-2013, 09:15 PM
(27-12-2013 03:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Provide a citation or shut the fuck up. Drinking Beverage
1)I don't follow your orders.
2)I don't want to tell you. Drinking Beverage

Thank you for your blatant admission of your own disingenuousness and intellectual dishonesty.

In the highly unlikely case that anyone were to have any possible lingering doubts, they only need be pointed to the above post.

Drinking Beverage

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
27-12-2013, 11:13 PM
(27-12-2013 08:56 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  The point is, if you're going to make an assertion, you either need to admit it's something you're either making up or have a hunch about, of if you believe it to be fact, you need to give a reason for it. If you're not willing to give a reason for it, it's fine for him to call you on it.

Just because he doesn't accept your source as true doesn't mean that you can't give a citation. The question is whether you believe what you say because it's in the Bible or Book of Mormon, or if it's simply something you believe in addition to it. You'd be surprised how many things various Christians believe that they think is in the Bible that actually isn't. If nothing else, it can be a good exercise for you to make sure that you know why you believe something.
It is LDS doctrine. Plan of salvation explains why God created this world.
God speaks today through His Prophets and Apostles.
(27-12-2013 08:56 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, why did you create your town? any particular reason?
It was an analogy because the typical Protestant teachings don't actually give you a reason to be good, but rather just to swear an oath of allegiance. For people who don't believe it, it rubs them the wrong way.
OK. I got it.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
27-12-2013, 11:34 PM
(27-12-2013 11:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 08:56 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  The point is, if you're going to make an assertion, you either need to admit it's something you're either making up or have a hunch about, of if you believe it to be fact, you need to give a reason for it. If you're not willing to give a reason for it, it's fine for him to call you on it.

It is LDS doctrine. Plan of salvation explains why God created this world.
(27-12-2013 08:56 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It was an analogy because the typical Protestant teachings don't actually give you a reason to be good, but rather just to swear an oath of allegiance. For people who don't believe it, it rubs them the wrong way.
OK. I got it.

Allow me. LDS doctrine is that the world was created to give our created spirits physical bodies like God has. So that we can take the next step to be more like him. It's also because our life on this earth after we have passed through the vail from pre existence is a test. Those who get through with full marks earn a place in the top Kingdom 'you get a penthouse pad on god's street' and also go on to become a god yourself with your own planet and EVERYTHING! Hahaha ... he won't answer you because he knows it's mental and the Scripture he would use to back it up is in the book of Mormon. He is avoiding the conversation about that book on here for obvious reasons.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
28-12-2013, 12:43 AM
(27-12-2013 11:34 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 11:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  It is LDS doctrine. Plan of salvation explains why God created this world.
OK. I got it.

Allow me. LDS doctrine is that the world was created to give our created spirits physical bodies like God has. So that we can take the next step to be more like him. It's also because our life on this earth after we have passed through the vail from pre existence is a test. Those who get through with full marks earn a place in the top Kingdom 'you get a penthouse pad on god's street' and also go on to become a god yourself with your own planet and EVERYTHING! Hahaha ... he won't answer you because he knows it's mental and the Scripture he would use to back it up is in the book of Mormon. He is avoiding the conversation about that book on here for obvious reasons.
What are the obvious reasons?

28-12-2013, 10:11 AM
(27-12-2013 11:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  It is LDS doctrine. Plan of salvation explains why God created this world.

Does the book have a book/chapter/verse layout similar to the Bible? Even if not, I'm sure there are some page numbers or something. You could still actually give a citation for where it's said that this is the case.

At least stating it's LDS doctrine tells us to stop looking for Biblical citations.
28-12-2013, 10:42 AM
(28-12-2013 12:43 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 11:34 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Allow me. LDS doctrine is that the world was created to give our created spirits physical bodies like God has. So that we can take the next step to be more like him. It's also because our life on this earth after we have passed through the vail from pre existence is a test. Those who get through with full marks earn a place in the top Kingdom 'you get a penthouse pad on god's street' and also go on to become a god yourself with your own planet and EVERYTHING! Hahaha ... he won't answer you because he knows it's mental and the Scripture he would use to back it up is in the book of Mormon. He is avoiding the conversation about that book on here for obvious reasons.
What are the obvious reasons?

I'll tell you when you reject God. Hahahaha Big Grin

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
28-12-2013, 11:34 AM
(28-12-2013 10:42 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 12:43 AM)Alla Wrote:  What are the obvious reasons?

I'll tell you when you reject God. Hahahaha Big Grin
OKSmile

28-12-2013, 07:30 PM
(28-12-2013 10:11 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Does the book have a book/chapter/verse layout similar to the Bible? Even if not, I'm sure there are some page numbers or something. You could still actually give a citation for where it's said that this is the case.

At least stating it's LDS doctrine tells us to stop looking for Biblical citations.

It is very hard to see in the Bible the reason why God created this world. Without new revelations it is much harder to understand Bible.
But I will give you some ideas. You don't have to agree.
So, God created this world where there is good and evil. To know good and evil gives men an opportunity to become like God. To become like God means to have eternal life.
Only when Adam and Eve partook of the fruit of KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL God said: "man became like one of us".
God created this world so we can have an opportunity to become like Him and have eternal life BY LEARNING GOOD AND EVIL.

God gave more revelations to modern prophets so we can know why we are here. Bible doesn't have fullness of the Gospel.