The Christian God incentivizes the wrong things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: The Christian God incentivizes the wrong things
(28-12-2013 07:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 10:11 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Does the book have a book/chapter/verse layout similar to the Bible? Even if not, I'm sure there are some page numbers or something. You could still actually give a citation for where it's said that this is the case.

At least stating it's LDS doctrine tells us to stop looking for Biblical citations.

It is very hard to see in the Bible the reason why God created this world. Without new revelations it is much harder to understand Bible.
But I will give you some ideas. You don't have to agree.
So, God created this world where there is good and evil. To know good and evil gives men an opportunity to become like God. To become like God means to have eternal life.
Only when Adam and Eve partook of the fruit of KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL God said: "man became like one of us".
God created this world so we can have an opportunity to become like Him and have eternal life BY LEARNING GOOD AND EVIL.

God gave more revelations to modern prophets so we can know why we are here. Bible doesn't have fullness of the Gospel.

Now this is the part where you give your testimony as revealed to you through the holy ghost that convicted con man joseph smith is a true prophet of god! Seriously bro, you're killing me! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
29-12-2013, 12:37 AM
(28-12-2013 07:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 10:11 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Does the book have a book/chapter/verse layout similar to the Bible? Even if not, I'm sure there are some page numbers or something. You could still actually give a citation for where it's said that this is the case.
At least stating it's LDS doctrine tells us to stop looking for Biblical citations.
It is very hard to see in the Bible the reason why God created this world. Without new revelations it is much harder to understand Bible.
So, God created this world where there is good and evil. To know good and evil gives men an opportunity to become like God. To become like God means to have eternal life.
Only when Adam and Eve partook of the fruit of KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL God said: "man became like one of us".
God created this world so we can have an opportunity to become like Him and have eternal life BY LEARNING GOOD AND EVIL.
God gave more revelations to modern prophets so we can know why we are here. Bible doesn't have fullness of the Gospel.

We're not so much interested in you regurgitating what you have been told and taught that your holy book says. We are interested in what your holy book actually says. As such, if you are going to say that your holy book makes a particular claim we are interested in seeing where it does so with chapter and verse numbers. For example, 1 Nephi 14:1-2 says:
"1 And it shall come to pass, that if the aGentiles shall hearken unto the Lamb of God in that day that he shall manifest himself unto them in word, and also in bpower, in very deed, unto the ctaking away of their dstumbling blocks—
2 And harden not their hearts against the Lamb of God, they shall be numbered among the seed of thy father; yea, they shall be anumbered among the house of Israel; and they shall be a bblessed people upon the cpromised land forever; they shall be no more brought down into captivity; and the house of Israel shall no more be confounded."
Source: http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/1-ne/14?lang=eng

If you're quoting from LDS doctrine, then a web site URL would be appropriate. For example: http://mormon.org/what-do-mormons-believe

It is normal in any kind of serious internet discussion to provide sources and references for your claims, so others can check the source material to see whether you are quoting accurately or not. People on the Internet come from a diverse range of backgrounds and often do not have the same upbringing as you do and don't have the same knowledge or ideas. They need some help to see what it is you see and understand what you understand.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
29-12-2013, 01:06 AM
(29-12-2013 12:37 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 07:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  It is very hard to see in the Bible the reason why God created this world. Without new revelations it is much harder to understand Bible.

We're not so much interested in you regurgitating what you have been told and taught that your holy book says. We are interested in what your holy book actually says. As such, if you are going to say that your holy book makes a particular claim we are interested in seeing where it does so with chapter and verse numbers. For example, 1 Nephi 14:1-2 says:
"1 And it shall come to pass, that if the aGentiles shall hearken unto the Lamb of God in that day that he shall manifest himself unto them in word, and also in bpower, in very deed, unto the ctaking away of their dstumbling blocks—
2 And harden not their hearts against the Lamb of God, they shall be numbered among the seed of thy father; yea, they shall be anumbered among the house of Israel; and they shall be a bblessed people upon the cpromised land forever; they shall be no more brought down into captivity; and the house of Israel shall no more be confounded."

If you're quoting from LOSDdoctrine, then a web site URL would be appropriate. For example: http://mormon.org/what-do-mormons-believe

It is normal in any kind of serious internet discussion to provide sources and references for your claims, so others can check the source material to see whether you are quoting accurately or not. People on the Internet come from a diverse range of backgrounds and often do not have the same upbringing as you do and don't have the same knowledge or ideas. They need some help to see what it is you see and understand what you understand.

He won't use citations mate. Not for the more crazy stuff. He's been taught not too. Mormons keep the heavy shit back, the proper cuckoo shit until you've been pulled in. Hence his comment earlier about not telling more until you accept God.They give the wishy washy Jesus loves you and there's a prophet on earth etc: before they tell you about the magical undies, god lives in space and black skin is a curse! (They had a 'revelation' about that one recently conveniently in time for Romney running for the Whitehouse) ... They refer to the palatable stuff before the batshit crazy stuff as 'the milk before the meat'. Watching him debate on here is painful. He's utterly brainwashed and we're all wasting our time. ... The faith mechanism in LDS is absolutely entrenched. So even if one of us said something that truly made him think, he would consciously override it believing that it's Satan in his head tempting him from outer-darkness (Satan and his followers knew us in pre existence and have not passed through the vail, therefore know us better than we know ourselves) ... So in his faith it follows, the stronger the point we make, the more resounding anything we say, or if any one of us makes him question his faith, the more Jebus points he scores for shoving his fingers in his ears and going lalalala.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
29-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Maybe so, but this one has not exceeded my benefit-of-the-doubt limit quite yet.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
29-12-2013, 03:21 AM
(29-12-2013 02:12 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Maybe so, but this one has not exceeded my benefit-of-the-doubt limit quite yet.

Maybe I'm too cynical Smile

Im_Ryan forum member
29-12-2013, 08:07 PM
(29-12-2013 12:37 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 07:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  It is very hard to see in the Bible the reason why God created this world. Without new revelations it is much harder to understand Bible.

If you're quoting from LDS doctrine, then a web site URL would be appropriate. For example: http://mormon.org/what-do-mormons-believe

The problem that nobody is interested in LDS scriptures. People want quotes from the Bible only.
There is one doctrine that God of Israel doesn't speak any more and that it will be no more books/scriptures from God besides the Bible.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
29-12-2013, 08:18 PM
(29-12-2013 01:06 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  He won't use citations mate. Not for the more crazy stuff. He's been taught not too. Mormons keep the heavy shit back, the proper cuckoo shit until you've been pulled in. Hence his comment earlier about not telling more until you accept God.
I just didn't want to tell Chas about plan of salvation(why God created this world). There is no point.
But when Chas believes in God Yahweh then this knowledge will be useful for him.

(29-12-2013 01:06 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  They give the wishy washy Jesus loves you and there's a prophet on earth etc: before they tell you about the magical undies, god lives in space and black skin is a curse!
Black skin is not a curse.
First someone has to know and believe basic principles of the Gospel. If someone does not accept them/doesn't believe what is the point to know more?
(29-12-2013 01:06 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  (They had a 'revelation' about that one recently conveniently in time for Romney running for the Whitehouse) ...
What?!
(29-12-2013 01:06 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  So in his faith it follows, the stronger the point we make, the more resounding anything we say, or if any one of us makes him question his faith, the more Jebus points he scores for shoving his fingers in his ears and going lalalala.
You didn't make any strong points so far.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
29-12-2013, 08:51 PM
(29-12-2013 08:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  The problem that nobody is interested in LDS scriptures. People want quotes from the Bible only.
There is one doctrine that God of Israel doesn't speak any more and that it will be no more books/scriptures from God besides the Bible.

Actually, I'm equally interested in both. I don't take either of them seriously in terms of how I should live my life or whether or not I believe in them, but I do take them seriously as a justification for why you believe what you believe.

Again, you'd be surprised how many common beliefs Christians have that aren't Biblical and they don't even know it. We're not asking citations because we think we'll be converted or because we're just trying to fuck with you; we're asking because we want to make sure what you say you believe has some basis in the religious writings as opposed to something you made up/were told by someone.

This is more for you than us, really. You should know why you believe what you believe.
29-12-2013, 09:00 PM
(29-12-2013 08:51 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  The problem that nobody is interested in LDS scriptures. People want quotes from the Bible only.

Actually, I'm equally interested in both. I don't take either of them seriously in terms of how I should live my life or whether or not I believe in them, but I do take them seriously as a justification for why you believe what you believe.

Again, you'd be surprised how many common beliefs Christians have that aren't Biblical and they don't even know it. We're not asking citations because we think we'll be converted or because we're just trying to fuck with you; we're asking because we want to make sure what you say you believe has some basis in the religious writings as opposed to something you made up/were told by someone.

This is more for you than us, really. You should know why you believe what you believe.

I've read the LDS Bible. And so it came to pass that a conman doth scammed a group of people. And So it came to pass that somehow they swallowed the entire stupid tale of the gold plates and the magic rocks and an illiterate man being able to read hieroglyphics except when tested on all of these points he failed. And so it came to pass that the leaders of this group claimed to have a direct line to God and it conveniently meant that their wishes were actually those of Alien being who lives on Kolob and his 1 son but not the other. And so it came to pass that stupid people kept buying into the ridiculous story despite there being not just a lack of evidence for but much evidence against all the stories in the plagiarized book. And so it came to pass that that phrase is used 1297 times in the book of Mormon as opposed to 452 times in the King James Authorised bible.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Alla, have you ever come across Mark Twain's review of the Mormon Bible ? What do you think of it ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.