The Christian delusion

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
09-04-2016, 08:39 PM
RE: The Christian delusion
(09-04-2016 07:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 03:57 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Major league bullshit. Faith doesnt bring knowledge. Never has. Never will.
it does when you act upon it.

Faith
-Belief without evidence, or in the face of contradictory evidence.

Knowledge
-Facts, information, and skills acquired by someone through experience and education.

If you have facts and evidence, then you have knowledge, and you don't need faith.

You have neither facts nor evidence, which is why you need faith, and is why you are a lying piece of shit ever time you claim to have knowledge. You do not have knowledge because you lack facts and evidence, and every time you claim otherwise only belies your own staggering ignorance and deceitfulness.

You are the poster child for the need of better secular public education.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-04-2016, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 08:33 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(08-04-2016 11:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree.
No you don't, the teaching of Mormonism are NOT comparable with reality and every time you try to assert that they are you have failed 100% of the time. You only care about what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

(08-04-2016 11:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  My faith in Christ helps me to overcome many things in this life in a way I couldn't do it before. I know it.
Except that the Christ of the Bible is a myth so in fact you are doing it all yourself. Many people draw comfort and support from delusions, that does not make them any less a fucking delusion you twit.
(08-04-2016 11:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  I understand. I would agree with you if there were side effects from my faith. So far, I see no side effects. I see only benefits.
That's nice but you have proven your blindness to reality so often you can't be relied upon to provide an accurate opinion. Just on this forum you have lied, been both intentionally dishonest and evasive in conversation. You are willfully ignorant, arrogant, incapable of thinking for yourself or utilizing the critical thinking or logical reasoning of a child still in school.
It has SERIOUS negative side effects however you're just too stupid/stubborn to recognize/acknowledge them.

And you think your qualified to be a god and run a planet? I wouldn't trust you with a especially dense potato.

(08-04-2016 11:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  If my faith makes me happier and stronger and there are no side effects I would be a fool if I rejected/abandoned my faith.
The effect it has on you has no baring on wither you should reject it or not. EVIDENCE is the only reason to hold a position and you don't have any.

(08-04-2016 11:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why would I do this to myself?
Because truth and facing reality as it ACTUALLY is and not how you want it to be in your gullibility and desperation is more important than your fuckin' feels.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
10-04-2016, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 01:54 AM by Deesse23.)
(09-04-2016 07:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 03:57 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Major league bullshit. Faith doesnt bring knowledge. Never has. Never will.
it does when you act upon it.

No it doesnt, and you can read it all over the www. But we both know it doesnt matter what i say, what is true, what i can demonstrate, you wont listen anyway. You are posting on this froum endlessly, but its a one-way-street. Stuff goes out but never in. You are repeating what you have been told and are making shit up to support your fantasy. But you never learn. You are dishonest to yourself and to your fellow human beings, and religion has made you so. You are pathetic and either deserve either pity or contempt, im not quite sure.
What i do know however (and i need to ficking faith for this) is, you are wasting your life and let others control your mind. You have given up your humanity and are happily bathing in it. Have fun.

On the details you better read the very well done analysis of your character by Whiskey in the other thread.

You are a poster child what religion can make out of people, and it has corrupted your mind so much, that you cant see any of it anymore.

You are wasting your one and only life with bullshit, go ahead, i have better things do do with mine
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
10-04-2016, 10:48 AM
(10-04-2016 01:35 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 07:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  it does when you act upon it.

No it doesnt, and you can read it all over the www. But we both know it doesnt matter what i say, what is true, what i can demonstrate, you wont listen anyway. You are posting on this froum endlessly, but its a one-way-street. Stuff goes out but never in. You are repeating what you have been told and are making shit up to support your fantasy. But you never learn. You are dishonest to yourself and to your fellow human beings, and religion has made you so. You are pathetic and either deserve either pity or contempt, im not quite sure.
What i do know however (and i need to ficking faith for this) is, you are wasting your life and let others control your mind. You have given up your humanity and are happily bathing in it. Have fun.

On the details you better read the very well done analysis of your character by Whiskey in the other thread.

You are a poster child what religion can make out of people, and it has corrupted your mind so much, that you cant see any of it anymore.

You are wasting your one and only life with bullshit, go ahead, i have better things do do with mine
I just want to let you know that I read this post.
thanks for sharing these thoughts with me.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Let's take it on faith that leprechauns are real and that they are infesting my backyard. I know they are there because weeds grow wherever leprechauns congregate.

What issues could I face if I truly believe this ?

Despite all the trouble they cause, in the end, I will find the pot of gold. It may take me all my life, but I'm positive I'll find it.

Will the relationships I have will my family or co-workers be affected ?

What if all of my family & co-workers all believe the same way I do ? We're all very happy about the future prospect of being rich. We talk about it all the time.
The belief doesn't hurt anyone, so what's the harm ?

I know I've invested in quite a few high end metal detectors and my yard does have its share of weeds. The city has sent me several notices about mowing my yard and I've replied that if I do, I'll scare away all the leprechauns.

They should understand this. I don't know what they are thinking.

Some would say I'm wasting the one and only life I'm sure to have, but damn it, I want that pot of gold.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
11-04-2016, 01:14 PM
(10-04-2016 06:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  ... but damn it, I want that pot of gold ...

You probably don't.

First of all, it's a pot of gold, not a kettle of gold, nor a barrel of gold, nor a boxcar of gold. Say about 2 liters. That's 84 pounds of tightly packed gold in that pot, roughly $1,680,000 at $1250/oz.

Most lotteries pay prizes ten to a hundred times that amount - and the chances of winning one of those lotteries is much better than finding an 84 pound pot of gold in your garden weeds. For one thing, the lotteries are provably real, with verified winners.

But the real problem is trying to spend your 84 pounds of gold. Win a lottery and all its funds are immediately available to you to buy houses, yachts, exotic cars and exotic women with. You try spending that gold more than a few thousand dollars worth at a time and the feds will swoop down on you wanting to know where you got it. Telling them the leprechauns left it for you in the weeds will raise eyebrows - they'll want to know if the leprechauns have Italian last names and speak with a New Jersey accent. And they'll confiscate your gold under forfeiture law - and any other possessions you already have that they'd like for themselves, then slap cuffs on you and you'll probably wish you'd never found that pot of gold.

Tongue
[+] 4 users Like Airportkid's post
11-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Rahn127 Wrote:The belief doesn't hurt anyone, so what's the harm ?
Great, great question!! I love this question.

I have faith in Christ. So, what is the harm?

Hmm. Let me think.....Wait, wait,... I need more time.... Sorry, I still need more time............ Gosh, what is the harm?

1)I guess the worst thing is that I don't shop on Sundays, I don't go to the restaurants and movies on Sundays.
But I can do it on any other day of the week. And because of what I do on Sundays I become spiritually stronger. And I am HAPPY!

2)Oh, I miss my coffee, and my cigarettes, and my glass of great wine. And how I miss my favorite cold beer when I eat oysters or conchas negras!
That is a big harm. BUT I am healthier without my cigarettes and beer. I am stronger, I am not addicted to my coffee any more. I am NOT A SLAVE of coffee!
I want my wine but I can stop/CONTROL my appetites. I am so proud of myself! I am NOT weak. I am FREE from SOME addictions. And I am HAPPY!!!

3)Another harm. I don't wear my favorite tank tops anymore. No more showing my belly button. No more showing my cleavage, no more provocative dresses.
Oh gosh, how I love them all. I looked so great. But I have learned that modest also can be the hottest. I can be modest and still look sexy and beautiful.
And I am STILL HAPPY!!!

4) I have to figure it out. But I need more time for that.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
11-04-2016, 04:43 PM
(11-04-2016 04:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Rahn127 Wrote:The belief doesn't hurt anyone, so what's the harm ?
Great, great question!! I love this question.

I have faith in Christ. So, what is the harm?

Hmm. Let me think.....Wait, wait,... I need more time.... Sorry, I still need more time............ Gosh, what is the harm?

1)I guess the worst thing is that I don't shop on Sundays, I don't go to the restaurants and movies on Sundays.
But I can do it on any other day of the week. And because of what I do on Sundays I become spiritually stronger. And I am HAPPY!

2)Oh, I miss my coffee, and my cigarettes, and my glass of great wine. And how I miss my favorite cold beer when I eat oysters or conchas negras!
That is a big harm. BUT I am healthier without my cigarettes and beer. I am stronger, I am not addicted to my coffee any more. I am NOT A SLAVE of coffee!
I want my wine but I can stop/CONTROL my appetites. I am so proud of myself! I am NOT weak. I am FREE from SOME addictions. And I am HAPPY!!!

3)Another harm. I don't wear my favorite tank tops anymore. No more showing my belly button. No more showing my cleavage, no more provocative dresses.
Oh gosh, how I love them all. I looked so great. But I have learned that modest also can be the hottest. I can be modest and still look sexy and beautiful.
And I am STILL HAPPY!!!

4) I have to figure it out. But I need more time for that.

Utilitarianism.
Way to put your head in the sand, dear.
Guess what ?
"It's" not all about you.

Fuck

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-04-2016, 05:38 PM
(11-04-2016 04:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  ... Gosh, what is the harm?

Considerable. In matters of public concern you're part of a political block that cannot be trusted to assess issues rationally. Weighting the pros and cons of social issues that affect everyone, financially, medically, charitably, intellectually and in degree of liberty, yours is a block that occludes clarity of reason with phantoms and immature infantile emotional impulses, that impedes social advance out of ignorant fear.

Were your block an insignificant cohort in the population then perhaps the harm would be mitigated by a majority acting from education and reason. But your block in the United States infects a majority of the population in politically significant regions - and we wind up, as just one small example in a vast sea of examples, with an atavistic clod like Cruz a viable contender for the presidency. Or a law just passed in Mississippi giving religious wackos the liberty to act like dicks when the main body of the population is prohibited from acting like dicks.

No harm? Imagine your surgeon preparing to operate on you using the Book of Samuel as his only medical reference and basis of medical education. The whole fabric of society is just as critical as surgery; you can't demand secular standards for surgeons but demand irrationality be given sway in other arenas of social endeavor.

Social progress is founded on trust most of all, trust that we act mutually ethically, and trust that we act from calculated reason. Someone who professes faith has erased all trust.
[+] 4 users Like Airportkid's post
11-04-2016, 10:27 PM
(11-04-2016 04:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  ....And I am HAPPY!
So are meth addicts when they get a fix. Whoppie-fucking-do bitch.

(11-04-2016 04:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  2) I am NOT A SLAVE of coffee!
I don't drink coffee, smoke, gamble with money, or get drunk. Guess what? i did that on my own without any help from fanciful delusions. You ARE weak and a slave, your just weak in new ways and enslaved to something worse.

(11-04-2016 04:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  I looked so great.
Look as great as you want, when you are stupid, vapid, gullible, uneducated, primitive, dishonest, and childish it doesn't make up for anything at all. Now you are just a modestly dressed shitbird.

(11-04-2016 04:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  4) I have to figure it out. But I need more time for that.
I've given you, several times, a list of ways it DIRECTLY harms you as a person. You have been to much of a coward to a dress them at all.

Lie lie lie lie. It's the only thing outta your mouth.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post