The Christian delusion

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-04-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: The Christian delusion
(08-04-2016 08:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 06:14 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  It all comes down to faith. I reject faith. I demand evidence.
Why do you reject faith and demand evidence? I mean, there is nothing wrong with demanding evidence, but what is wrong with having faith according to you?
(08-04-2016 06:14 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  That is entirely your right to do so. I have been researching this for almost five years now. The testimony I have seen has led to my atheism.
What testimony have you seen that led you to your atheism?
(08-04-2016 06:14 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  To answer your first part: According to christian teachings christ died to pay for our sins. Essentially a scapegoat. A blood sacrifice. He suffered and died so that we would be welcome in heaven. This is what I was taught as a catholic.
I asked " according to the scriptures" not catholic doctrine.
He died because some people wanted to kill Him, so he was killed. But in order to pay for the sins of others someone doesn't have to die. There is no claim(revelation) in the scriptures that to pay for sins of others = to be killed/to die.
(08-04-2016 06:14 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  To answer your example: Ted kills Ben. Ted is arrested. Don confesses to the murder. The police believe him. Don goes to jail and Ted remains free.
Don has paid the price for Ted's crime. Ben, of course, remains dead.

Don paid the price, willingly.
But did he atone?
Did he absolve Ted of guilt?
Did he absolve Ted of responsibility?

Don's actions cannot change what happened. Nothing can change the past.
By allowing Don to suffer for his crime, Ted is now doubly guilty.

What about Ben? Would Ben want his murderer to go free and another be punished? Highly unlikely. Would you?
This is not what infinite atonement of Christ FOR SINS means. Not even close.
This not what "taking sins of others upon yourself" means.

(08-04-2016 06:14 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Another example:
Someone wrongs you, very badly. You cannot make yourself forgive them. The pain is too great, the hurt too grievous. According to christian doctrine, if they repent, they are forgiven. If you do not forgive them, the sin is on you.
To wrong me = to sin or to break the law of God. Not forgive those who wrong me = to sin or to break law of God. If they repent of their sin they are free from this sin. If I repent of my sin(pride and that is why I don't forgive) I will be free from this sin.
The same law for all - REPENT of your own sins whatever they are.
If I don't learn to forgive I will not learn to be like God. This is the point of God's laws - to learn to be like Him/Them.
(08-04-2016 06:14 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Is that justice? Is that ethical?
I say, no.
Yes, it is justice - if I break the law(I don't overcome my pride and thus I won't be able to forgive) and I don't repent I will not be forgiven.

(08-04-2016 06:14 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  If you do not believe in the doctrine of the trinity then my comment would not apply. If jesus, god and the trinity are all one entity, then the sacrifice of jesus to god would not make sense.
I agree with you. BTW biblical prophets(the Scriptures) never taught this.

If you believe in spirits then I suppose that would apply.
Of course, only if you believe in spirits.

Whoever you are posting under Alla. Stop. And give her the fucking keyboard.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2016, 09:16 PM
(08-04-2016 09:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 08:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why do you reject faith and demand evidence? I mean, there is nothing wrong with demanding evidence, but what is wrong with having faith according to you?
What testimony have you seen that led you to your atheism?
I asked " according to the scriptures" not catholic doctrine.
He died because some people wanted to kill Him, so he was killed. But in order to pay for the sins of others someone doesn't have to die. There is no claim(revelation) in the scriptures that to pay for sins of others = to be killed/to die.
This is not what infinite atonement of Christ FOR SINS means. Not even close.
This not what "taking sins of others upon yourself" means.

To wrong me = to sin or to break the law of God. Not forgive those who wrong me = to sin or to break law of God. If they repent of their sin they are free from this sin. If I repent of my sin(pride and that is why I don't forgive) I will be free from this sin.
The same law for all - REPENT of your own sins whatever they are.
If I don't learn to forgive I will not learn to be like God. This is the point of God's laws - to learn to be like Him/Them.
Yes, it is justice - if I break the law(I don't overcome my pride and thus I won't be able to forgive) and I don't repent I will not be forgiven.

Of course, only if you believe in spirits.

Whoever you are posting under Alla. Stop. And give her the fucking keyboard.
hmm, let me think, Bob. Consider
no. Tongue

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
08-04-2016, 09:25 PM
[Image: jesussumo.jpg]

#sigh
08-04-2016, 10:30 PM
(08-04-2016 09:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: jesussumo.jpg]
Gasp
ok, ok. you convinced me.
P.S. this photo is offensive for my eye, but if I was an atheist I would appreciate the humor. Smile

08-04-2016, 10:35 PM
(07-04-2016 09:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  There is an answer. You just have to ask right Christians. Yes
There are not "right" Christians, you are all suffering at best under a misapprehension and at worst a delusion. You for example are deluded.

(07-04-2016 09:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  There is a difference between mortal physical body and immortal physical body.
Prove it.

(07-04-2016 09:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  Immortal body doesn't have blood but spirit instead.
Prove it.

(07-04-2016 09:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  God restored dead physical body of Christ...
Prove it.

(07-04-2016 09:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  (Gods know how to organize and to re-organize physical elements).
Prove it.

(07-04-2016 09:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  Spirit is that mechanism that makes flesh and bones move(live).
Not even going to ask you to prove it cause that's just entirely wrong. Read a biology book you loop bint.

(07-04-2016 09:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  Restored and resurrected physical body doesn't have any wounds.
Prove it.

(07-04-2016 09:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  But Gods are like great magicians make focuses-hocuses.
Actually they are fictional but nice try.

(07-04-2016 09:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  That was an illusion. Smile
Now you are just out and out making your own shit up.

I'm curious Alla. It's quite clear you are a poorly educated simpleton who doesn't even like the IDEA of having to think for yourself, but does the deluded belief that you will be a god one day comfort you during the brief moments of clarity you realize your a gullible cretin with no original thoughts of your own or do you like...just never ever realize how stupid you sound and you just enjoy openly lying to people on the internet?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
08-04-2016, 10:37 PM
(08-04-2016 10:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 09:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: jesussumo.jpg]
Gasp
ok, ok. you convinced me.
P.S. this photo is offensive for my eye, but if I was an atheist I would appreciate the humor. Smile

Why is it offensive? Jesus if he existed would have looked more like the kinda guy your religions founders liked to enslave/murder than the long haired white guy in that picture.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
08-04-2016, 10:43 PM
(08-04-2016 10:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why is it offensive?
because Jesus is not fat Smile

08-04-2016, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 05:46 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(08-04-2016 04:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 12:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Alla, if your answer to a question is "...because magic", none of us give a shit.
Nope, that was not my answer Smile

Yes, it was. I just don't dress it up with your religious bullshit in an attempt to pretend that's it's anything but 'magic'. It sounds a hell of a lot less plausible when you remove the trappings of cultural legitimacy and stare at the bare remains, and miracles are just fucking magic.

Miracles? Fuckin' magic.

Living on after death? Fuckin' magic.

Sins? Fuckin' magic.

The supernatural? Fuckin' magic.

Your book of fairy tails authored by Joseph Smith is as much a work of fanciful fiction as the Lord of the Rings, except the Lord of the Rings doesn't suck. They're both just as true, just as fanciful, just as full of magical bullshit; but at least Tolkien could write worth a damn and didn't lie to his neighbors in order to fuck their wives and daughters.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-04-2016, 10:47 PM
(08-04-2016 10:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You for example are deluded.
No, I have faith which makes me happier and makes me stronger.
You call it "delusion", but if I have many benefits from my faith I don't care how you name it. Smile

08-04-2016, 10:50 PM
(08-04-2016 10:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 10:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why is it offensive?
because Jesus is not fat Smile

Of course he wasn't.

Nonexistent people cannot be fat. Or skinny for that matter. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post