The Christian delusion

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-04-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: The Christian delusion
(08-04-2016 10:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 10:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why is it offensive?
because Jesus is not fat Smile

You don't fucking know that you dope. Cocksucker could turn water into booze and make food appear from nowhere, so he probably was fat a whale.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2016, 10:57 PM
(08-04-2016 10:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 10:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You for example are deluded.
No, I have faith which makes me happier and makes me stronger.
You call it "delusion", but if I have many benefits from my faith I don't care how you name it. Smile
And faith in things that aren't actually a part of reality is a delusion. That's literally what the word means you dumbass.

It makes you stronger in the same way paper plates make you bullet proof. You might think that it does but to people who are not delusional you just look like a shit head who stapled paper to their forehead and ran into a gun range.

Here let me show you something:
(08-04-2016 10:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, I have heroin which makes me happier and makes me stronger.
You call it "substance abuse", but if I have many benefits from my heroin I don't care how you name it. Smile
That how you sound to people who are not delusional.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
08-04-2016, 11:24 PM
(08-04-2016 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 10:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, I have faith which makes me happier and makes me stronger.
You call it "delusion", but if I have many benefits from my faith I don't care how you name it. Smile
And faith in things that aren't actually a part of reality is a delusion.
I agree.
(08-04-2016 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It makes you stronger in the same way paper plates make you bullet proof. You might think that it does but to people who are not delusional you just look like a shit head who stapled paper to their forehead and ran into a gun range.
My faith in Christ helps me to overcome many things in this life in a way I couldn't do it before. I know it.
(08-04-2016 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Here let me show you something:
No, I have heroin which makes me happier and makes me stronger.
You call it "substance abuse", but if I have many benefits from my heroin I don't care how you name it. Smile
I understand. I would agree with you if there were side effects from my faith. So far, I see no side effects. I see only benefits.
If my faith makes me happier and stronger and there are no side effects I would be a fool if I rejected/abandoned my faith.
Why would I do this to myself?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
08-04-2016, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 01:21 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(08-04-2016 11:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  I understand. I would agree with you if there were side effects from my faith. So far, I see no side effects. I see only benefits.

No side effects? You're an ignorant twit who wastes their time regurgitating bullshit you patently fail to understand to people who don't share your delusion because they clearly and demonstrably know far more about than you do.

You've been here how long? What have you learned? Nothing. You're still spewing the same old shit. You're too afraid to learn, to genuinely questions the belief you hold so dear. You are an idiot and a coward. Those are typically not seen as benefits, except to those looking to sell you a lie; they love that you're a credulous shill.

We're not here to sell you salvation or redemption. We're not here to tell you that you are a failed and broken person, that you are dirty and in need of repair. We're here to show you how little you think you know, so that you might actually learn, and better protect yourself from those who would take advantage of your ignorance.

But you're a case of Dunning Kruger crossed with Stockholm Syndrome. You refuse to learn anything, so why are you here wasting all of our time? You've never presented anything that wasn't either a spoon-fed child level apologetic or shit you've patently made up yourself out of thin air. You're not at all concerned with what is actually true, because you fucking lie constantly; and yet never seem to grasp why the rest of us have a problem with that. Yes, pretending to know things you do not know (because you cannot demonstrate it or show it, thus you cannot claim to 'know' it) is being untruthful; which is colloquially known as lying, and you do it all the fucking time.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-04-2016, 11:46 PM
(08-04-2016 11:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You've been here how long? What have you learned?
Consider
I have learned that you are anti-Christian and that you like to cuss a lot. Big Grin

08-04-2016, 11:47 PM
I also have learned that GirlyMan is wonderful ManlyGirl.

09-04-2016, 12:18 AM
(08-04-2016 11:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 11:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You've been here how long? What have you learned?
Consider
I have learned that you are anti-Christian and that you like to cuss a lot. Big Grin

I'm anti-stupid, Christianity is just a by-product.

So you still haven't learned jack-shit, color me not surprised.

Aliza is Jewish, and she's a wonderful poster, because she's not an idiot or a liar like you. I can tolerate theists, I cannot abide liars and the purposefully ignorant.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-04-2016, 12:56 AM
(08-04-2016 08:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 08:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So, then the scripture writers that said "Doubting Thomas" put his finger "in the wounds" (of the resurrected Jebus) were liars ?
"Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." John 20:27

Alrighty then.

Facepalm
no, they were not liars. Have you ever heard about Carbonaro effect?
Jesus is even better than Carbonaro Wink

You are probably the first pretend Christian ever to have suggested Jebus was just pulling a magic trick on Thomas.

There's a new one.

Facepalm

At least you admit the reason you believe is that it makes you happy .. kind of like drugs, or a few beers.

FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-04-2016, 05:26 AM
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 04:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  Nope, that was not my answer Smile

Yes, it was. I just don't dress it up with your religious bullshit in an attempt to pretend that's it's anything but 'magic'. It sound a hell of a lot less plausible when you remove the trappings of cultural legitimacy and stare at the bare remains, and miracles are just fucking magic.

Miracles? Fuckin' magic.

Living on after death? Fuckin' magic.

Sins? Fuckin' magic.

The supernatural? Fuckin' magic.

Your book of fairy tails authored by Joseph Smith is as much a work of fanciful fiction as the Lord of the Rings, except the Lord of the Rings doesn't suck. They're both just as true, just as fanciful, just as full of magical bullshit; but at least Tolkien could write worth a damn and didn't lie to his neighbors in order to fuck their wives and daughters.

but at least Tolkien could write worth a damn and didn't lie to his neighbors in order to fuck their wives and daughters.

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupBowingBowingBowingBowing
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
09-04-2016, 05:33 AM
(08-04-2016 11:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And faith in things that aren't actually a part of reality is a delusion.
I agree.
(08-04-2016 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It makes you stronger in the same way paper plates make you bullet proof. You might think that it does but to people who are not delusional you just look like a shit head who stapled paper to their forehead and ran into a gun range.
My faith in Christ helps me to overcome many things in this life in a way I couldn't do it before. I know it.
(08-04-2016 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Here let me show you something:
No, I have heroin which makes me happier and makes me stronger.
I understand. I would agree with you if there were side effects from my faith. So far, I see no side effects. I see only benefits.
If my faith makes me happier and stronger and there are no side effects I would be a fool if I rejected/abandoned my faith.

Um...maybe because you might be interested in truth.

A simple analogy...

"Smoking makes me happier and stronger and there are no side effects I would be a fool if I rejected/abandoned cigarettes.
Why would I do this to myself?"

Big Grin Consider Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user