The Christians arguments for religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: The Christians arguments for religion
(12-06-2014 06:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 11:20 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  The argument that I am contemplating is the one poses the question: what do atheists have as a replacement for religion?

I am not familiar with a consistent response from my critically thinking atheist brothers and sisters, and I think I came up with the best solution to the puzzle

How about some of their other arguments that they use to support the need for religion?

1. replacement for religion
2. religion guards morality
3. religion is sexy
4. religion keeps atheists on their toes
5. atheists wouldn't have anything to organize for
I am a Christian and see no need for religion. The term religion is rather vague and can be applied to almost anything that people reverence in common with others.

We are well aware of your equivocations, childish. I went to watch some friends play baseball today. By your definition, that would be religion. Where you been childish ? The nurse let you out on a pass ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 07:34 PM by childeye.)
(12-06-2014 07:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 06:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am a Christian and see no need for religion. The term religion is rather vague and can be applied to almost anything that people reverence in common with others.

We are well aware of your equivocations, childish. I went to watch some friends play baseball today. By your definition, that would be religion. Where you been childish ? The nurse let you out on a pass ?
Funny. No, I was feeling very confident so I felt like talking to some smart ass atheists to cut me down. I'm kind of disappointed. Equivocations? What is wrong with my etymology? It's like I sat down to enjoy a game of chess and my opponent shouts checkmate and leaves the game satisfied with his win.
12-06-2014, 07:57 PM
(12-06-2014 06:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 11:20 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  The argument that I am contemplating is the one poses the question: what do atheists have as a replacement for religion?

I am not familiar with a consistent response from my critically thinking atheist brothers and sisters, and I think I came up with the best solution to the puzzle

How about some of their other arguments that they use to support the need for religion?

1. replacement for religion
2. religion guards morality
3. religion is sexy
4. religion keeps atheists on their toes
5. atheists wouldn't have anything to organize for
I am a Christian and see no need for religion. The term religion is rather vague and can be applied to almost anything that people reverence in common with others.

UM did you miss the memo that your xtardianity IS a fucking religion, moron?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
12-06-2014, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 08:30 PM by childeye.)
(12-06-2014 07:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 06:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am a Christian and see no need for religion. The term religion is rather vague and can be applied to almost anything that people reverence in common with others.

UM did you miss the memo that your xtardianity IS a fucking religion, moron?

Facts are not religion in my view. Knowledge is not religion in my view. I know that loving others as I would want to be loved is a moral Truth. What's with the hostility?
12-06-2014, 08:59 PM
(12-06-2014 08:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  Facts are not religion in my view. Knowledge is not religion in my view. I know that loving others as I would want to be loved is a moral Truth. What's with the hostility?

Correct.
Correct.
I don't know about moral truth but it is better than a kick in the pants.

Is there a religion based on falsifiable facts and demonstrable empirical evidence?
Please enlighten us so we can convert.
[+] 4 users Like RogueWarrior's post
12-06-2014, 11:49 PM
(12-06-2014 08:59 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 08:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  Facts are not religion in my view. Knowledge is not religion in my view. I know that loving others as I would want to be loved is a moral Truth. What's with the hostility?

Correct.
Correct.

Is there a religion based on falsifiable facts and demonstrable empirical evidence?
Respectfully, you do know something about moral truth if you know you don't like a kick in the pants.

I personally am adverse towards the term religion. The ambiguity makes it an unstable term. I can't really answer your question therefore. Perhaps you can rephrase?
13-06-2014, 12:14 AM
(11-06-2014 12:11 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  ...
Do atheists believe that something beneficial will happen to improve stupid people subsequent to the demise of religion; and subsequently solve the problems of the world?

That sir, is a very good point and one that I have often pondered.

No, I do not think that removing religion will remove stupidity.

We, the Brits, have tried this...
We sent the stupid, religious people to Murika (but we still have stupid).
We sent the criminals to Stralia (but we still have crime).

But then, on the other hand, if the stranglehold that the Cafia Church has on the Philippines was to continue to loosen, would that mean my supply of repressed Catholic girls would dry up?

I hope not.

(12-06-2014 11:49 PM)childeye Wrote:  ...
I personally am adverse towards the term religion.

So, why do you self-identify as a christian? 'Love' is not the message that the christ-figure brought (he brought a sword).

The 'cast the first stone' and 'god is love' stuff was added in later re-writes. Shouldn't you be identifying with whichever eastern-influenced monk did the edits?

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-06-2014, 01:01 AM
(12-06-2014 08:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 07:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  UM did you miss the memo that your xtardianity IS a fucking religion, moron?

Facts are not religion in my view.

That's right -- and xtardianity isn't facts, it's fucking fiction.

Quote: Knowledge is not religion in my view.

That's right -- and xtardianity isn't knowledge, it's fucking ignorance.

Quote: I know that loving others as I would want to be loved is a moral Truth.

That doesn't even mean anything. It's gobbledygook -- word fucking salad.

Quote:What's with the hostility?

(12-06-2014 07:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  Funny. No, I was feeling very confident so I felt like talking to some smart ass atheists to cut me down.

Get fucking used to it, asshole. Or go the fuck away.

(12-06-2014 11:49 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 08:59 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Correct.
Correct.

Respectfully, you do know something about moral truth if you know you don't like a kick in the pants.

That's not "moral truth" at all. You don't know what the fuck you are babbling about.

Quote:I personally am adverse towards the term religion.

You called yourself an xtard. Xtardianity is a fucking religion. Shut the fuck up.

Quote:The ambiguity makes it an unstable term. I can't really answer your question therefore. Perhaps you can rephrase?

Perhaps you can go stick your head in a pig.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop