The "Christmas" Bill

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2013, 09:08 AM
The "Christmas" Bill
So apparently, now "Religious Freedom" does not include Freedom From Religion. I personally find this kind of logic offensive.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/...latestnews

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2013, 02:17 AM
RE: The "Christmas" Bill
Are you familiar with DND ?

In DND stories, you can choose whatever god you want to believe in (religious freedom).

But if you choose to believe in no god (including even evil ones, demons and devils), after your death, your soul will be pinned onto the Wall of Disbelievers in the nether world and doomed to suffer until your soul perish, with no mercy spared from the so-called "kind" gods.

I guess this sounds familiar.

Want something? Then do something.
17-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I DM for my group. For those that die and are atheist, there is no afterlife, no hope of reincarnation or revival....they are just dead.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
[+] 1 user Likes Likos02's post
17-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Doesn't Texas have more important issues? I read from your link that Gov Perry doesn't shy away from important issues...

Seems to me he's choosing to focus on what amounts to as a 'non' issue..

Wag the dog.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Ignoring that there has never been a case won on the phrase "Merry Christmas", I highly doubt this bill will exist after Christmas.

Oh and the line "Freedom of religion does not include freedom from religion"? It always makes me sad that these are grown ass adults, my face has a permanent imprint of my palm.

[Image: Mega-facepalm-360x363.jpg]

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like yumeji's post
17-06-2013, 05:25 PM
(17-06-2013 02:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Doesn't Texas have more important issues? I read from your link that Gov Perry doesn't shy away from important issues...

Seems to me he's choosing to focus on what amounts to as a 'non' issue..

Wag the dog.

Sure Texas does have better things to focus on.

But Texans (and America for that matter) could give a shit less about important issues. We're a culture of Kardashian. This issue is what riles up the idiot base and acts as a parlor trick to keep them amused and ignoring the fact that the Texas legislature isn't accomplishing anything.

You hate it. Heck even Texans hate this stuff. But they vote the same people back into power year after year.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
17-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Get your shit together, America.

You had one job.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post