The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 09:16 PM by Twiggy.)
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
A week and 2 days ago, while I was on my front lawn, picking up my papers that I needed to deliver that night, two girls approached me and talked to me, after a few exchanges they said they were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Then on Wednesday, I had them over at my home and I got a free Book of Mormon and agreed to go to church with them next Sunday.

[Image: F7GMZxN.jpg]

I just want to find stuff out for my self, going to the church should be interesting, but should I cut it off before the church going or a little after? They want me to get baptised on September 13th, of course, I have no intention of that.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
(07-08-2015 09:08 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  A week and 2 days ago, while I was on my front lawn, picking up my papers that I needed to deliver that night, two girls approached me and talked to me, after a few exchanges they said they were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Then on Wednesday, I had them over at my home and I got a free Book of Mormon and agreed to go to church with them next Sunday.

[Image: F7GMZxN.jpg]

I just want to find stuff out for my self, going to the church should be interesting, but should I cut it off before the church going or a little after? They want me to get baptised on September 13th, of course, I have no intention of that.

I recommend against actually going to the church unless you're strongly compelled by the religion (and, really, you shouldn't be). There's plenty of other ways to find out about it. From what I've heard, the LDS Church keeps better records than telemarketers and once it gets even the slightest hint of interest out of you it will always be back, trying for another sale. They're like overeager boys with crushes. Make the mistake of even hinting reciprocal affection and you'll never be rid of them.

Of course, it COULD be fun to drive them off by asking real questions. Stumper-level questions. Make-them-think questions. One of the best ways to get blacklisted by the people who organize the Mormon missionaries, is to ask those impressionably-aged missionaries questions that might get them doubting.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
08-08-2015, 01:22 AM
I think that there are better ways to aquire knowledge about this religion than wasting time by going at their mass.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-08-2015, 02:34 AM
Do you like going to the circus?

Church is much the same.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2015, 02:43 AM
Should you go to church with these girls? The male perspective is it depends on hot they are.

Look at following matrix and tell us where you place these girls on it.

[Image: hot-crazy2-279x300.jpg]
08-08-2015, 05:01 AM
(08-08-2015 02:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Should you go to church with these girls? The male perspective is it depends on hot they are.

Mmmmm.

So beneath that bland exterior you're a hot blooded real man.

Woof!! You must have those girls in the fourth row just dripping. Go tiger! Make the right moves and you might get enough bravo to ask dad for a date. Growl...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2015, 05:08 AM
(08-08-2015 02:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Should you go to church with these girls? The male perspective is it depends on hot they are.

And then there's the "drawing room" right next to the matrix shown where Blowme lives, for those awaiting transport / admission to the asylum.

Yeah I know. He forgives me. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-08-2015, 08:04 AM
I am going to call the thing off, right after I read a bit more of the book, so I can come up with a reason why.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
08-08-2015, 08:08 AM
good documentary video:

Feel feel to browse these:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Mormonism

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid824804

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid824904

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid825233

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid825321

I am very familiar with this flavor of delusion, if you have any questions after viewing these, let me know.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-08-2015, 01:00 PM

I would also suggest looking up Brother Jake, on youtube. A satirical look at what the church thinks.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post