The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 08:30 PM by Cosmic Discourse.)
RE: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
My suggestion as a formon (former Mormon) is definitely don't waste your time. Church services are purposely kept rather vanilla, so as to entice the uninformed and to keep the faithful from asking too many questions.

One of the leadership positions I held was as ward mission leader, which is the person who regularly contacts and coordinates with the elders (male missionaries) and sisters (female missionaries).

You'll honestly figure out more about Mormonism from reading (physical books, websites, etc) than you would in attending services. If you need a reference for why attendance isn't recommended, might I direct your attention to our more recent LDS comedian on the forum Arm Leg Leg Arm 😀
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Watch Kissing Hank's Ass. Works on basically all religious horseshit.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
08-08-2015, 09:37 PM
I love J.Huber's website and the story of Kissing Hank's Ass... I've never seen it acted out, before.

Not sure how to feel about "Mary" being a dude! Heh.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
09-08-2015, 09:01 AM
(08-08-2015 08:31 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Watch Kissing Hank's Ass. Works on basically all religious horseshit.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

If only the religious would have that level of straightforwardness.Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition