The Church seems to be concerned about losing it's youth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2011, 03:02 PM
The Church seems to be concerned about losing it's youth
I saw the following link posted on Facebook. At first I thought it was going to say how more and more people are turning to religion but as it went along it was actually stating the opposite. Apparently the church is getting worried that children have too much information at their fingertips which is making them turn away from religion. Critical Thinkers on the horizon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtj_R0Chy...r_embedded
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2011, 04:10 PM
RE: The Church seems to be concerned about losing it's youth
(12-09-2011 03:02 PM)free2011 Wrote:  I saw the following link posted on Facebook. At first I thought it was going to say how more and more people are turning to religion but as it went along it was actually stating the opposite. Apparently the church is getting worried that children have too much information at their fingertips which is making them turn away from religion. Critical Thinkers on the horizon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtj_R0Chy...r_embedded

Well the most populous countries do not have Christian strong holds, so that is where their numbers are coming from. Places like India (strong Muslim and Buddhist culture) and China (atheist/Buddhist culture) have the most population, hence why they are 'losing' this generation.

In the fight against religion and the information age... religion is losing, quickly. As discussed on this forum, the rise of the internet is the reason for the 'jump' in the numbers of free thinkers (agnostics, non thestic, atheists). Simply put religion survives through ignorance and hides it's followers from the truth... and it simply cannot censor the internet where people can get real answers on evolution, god, and the universe. Personally I think no matter how you slice it, god does not jive with reality as we know it.

The numbers of non-religious are growing in the world, and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it...

thank god.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
12-09-2011, 06:33 PM

It depends on what part of the world/country. The Church in Europe (except Italy) is losing souls by the thousands, but gaining many in South America, India, etc.

At my own school, only 1 graduate student was ordained a priest from the years 1960 to 1990. In the past 8 years however, we've seen the number of graduating students interested in becoming priests grow, and have had 5 new men enter the priesthood or become novices, with several more showing interest recently.

I would say that the Church seems to be concerned about losing its youth in certain parts of the world, big time.
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2011, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 08:02 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
Religion is like a weed, and children are the roots.

To get rid of the weed, you have to pull it up by the roots.

In other words, educate the children, because with logic and understanding they can fight indoctrination.

PS: Odd video, I didnt even realize it was promoting religion till the end.
PPS: Monkey is right, that is how they get their skewed #'s. But, I also think there is some truth, even here in the US.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
12-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Best news I've had all day. Thanks!

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2011, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 08:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-09-2011 07:40 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  In other words, educate the children, because with logic and understanding they can fight indoctrination.

In my experience, with my 4 now adult children, they don't even consider fighting it. It is ill-equipped to bother or even offend them. They just swat at it like gnats and mosquitoes. "What's all this jibber-jabber just getting in the way? Somebody light those Citronella bug-candles or turn on the bug-zappers so we can get back to the party."

The Church isn't losing the youth, reason has vaccinated them. The Church has no chance of them joining. It is in its death throes.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-09-2011, 05:06 AM
(12-09-2011 08:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-09-2011 07:40 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  In other words, educate the children, because with logic and understanding they can fight indoctrination.

In my experience, with my 4 now adult children, they don't even consider fighting it. It is ill-equipped to bother or even offend them. They just swat at it like gnats and mosquitoes. "What's all this jibber-jabber just getting in the way? Somebody light those Citronella bug-candles or turn on the bug-zappers so we can get back to the party."

The Church isn't losing the youth, reason has vaccinated them. The Church has no chance of them joining. It is in its death throes.

GirlyMan I have to tell you I love your signature. "Grow a sack and deal with it" are words to live by