The Civil War of the Grand Old Party

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: The Civil War of the Grand Old Party
Despite the sniveling of the anti-gun types -- who think they're the ones in charge (they're not) --- there will be guns in the US for generations to come. It won't matter if they manage to get private ownership of guns illegal.

What kind of over-inflated, delusional ego do you have to have - when you believe that you're a more powerful force than a bunch of committed people who are armed to the teeth????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2016, 02:24 PM
(25-04-2016 09:38 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The only "civil war" is the one all the commenters on the NRA Facebook page are talking about if Hillary wins and puts an anti-gun justice on the Supreme Court. For the last 8 years there's been an underground army forming. They've purchased ammo, gun powder, primers, and bullets at such a pace the companies can't keep up. AR15s and AK47s were hard to find for a few years there. There are seriously MILLIONS and MILLIONS of these weapons in the hands of this underground army (100 million firearms sold since Obama took office, gun manufacturing went up 140%). If only 25% of NRA members decided to unite and form an army they could not be stopped.

The greatest thing about America is that the majority that votes for a particular political party has chosen to remain heavily armed throughout the years, while members of the other party have chosen to disarm and shun weapons.

The Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.

Ammo is the new gold.

(25-04-2016 09:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  My husband and I are part of this underground army. They are not going to take our guns.
As Dana Loecsh wrote:" Hands off my guns"

(25-04-2016 12:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Despite the sniveling of the anti-gun types -- who think they're the ones in charge (they're not) --- there will be guns in the US for generations to come. It won't matter if they manage to get private ownership of guns illegal.

What kind of over-inflated, delusional ego do you have to have - when you believe that you're a more powerful force than a bunch of committed people who are armed to the teeth????

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
25-04-2016, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2016 04:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-04-2016 09:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  My husband and I are part of this underground army. They are not going to take our guns.

You told me LDS conforms to and affirms the local laws whatever they may be. No?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-04-2016, 11:46 PM
(25-04-2016 03:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

You told me LDS conforms to and affirms the local laws whatever they may be. No?
Yes, we are law abiding citizens. We are not planning to fight with our guns. When I said that we are this army I meant that we have many guns, my husband likes to hunt and he likes to collect all kind of guns. He buys ammo and other relative things. We are members of NRA.
My husband and I didn't support our friend who went to Oregon. Why did they have to protest with guns? Why couldn't they protest without guns? More people would support them. Nobody wants wars and shedding of blood when it is possible to avoid. Of course feds will stop those who break laws and do not obey authorities.

I also told my husband:" if you want to survive and if you agree to loose your right to bear arms and right to speak up your mind, obey tyrants, be quiet." This is how many in the USSR survived. Those who talked too much were sent far, far away, in the middle of nowhere.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
26-04-2016, 12:05 AM
(25-04-2016 09:38 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The only "civil war" is the one all the commenters on the NRA Facebook page are talking about if Hillary wins and puts an anti-gun justice on the Supreme Court. For the last 8 years there's been an underground army forming. They've purchased ammo, gun powder, primers, and bullets at such a pace the companies can't keep up. AR15s and AK47s were hard to find for a few years there. There are seriously MILLIONS and MILLIONS of these weapons in the hands of this underground army (100 million firearms sold since Obama took office, gun manufacturing went up 140%). If only 25% of NRA members decided to unite and form an army they could not be stopped.

Completely disagree. Small arms cannot effectively neutralize ground-attack aircraft, main battle tanks, financial strength, and such an uprising would surely incur the resentment if not the active hostility of the local population.

This scenario is a fantasy.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-04-2016, 12:12 AM
(25-04-2016 10:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Deadly force will be a last resort but will be used if required.

Compare the deadly force you can muster against that of the US armed forces, and return to this thread with a cogent reply?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-04-2016, 12:15 AM
(25-04-2016 11:44 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 09:07 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If you want to see a Republican loss, the best thing you can do would be to vote for Trump in the primary.

Kasich beats Clinton by 8 points in head-to-head polling, Trump loses to Clinton by a similar margin.

To be honest, I'd vote for Kasich if he got the nod. If it's him or Clinton, that's a no brainer for me.

I'd have to think about it, but Kasich is the only Republican I'd even consider. I dislike his stance on reproductive rights, and I dislike his comments on re-invading Iraq -- those are two big issues with me, candidate notwithstanding.

Kasich does, however, have the advantages of not being either batshit crazy, or a congenital liar. There's that.
26-04-2016, 02:13 AM
(25-04-2016 10:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This will be a collective decision, only after the country has moved too far to the left that no return is possible. Many things will need to happen before this can occur. It will take a far left Democrat in the white house, a majority of Democrats in both houses of Congress, and a majority of left wing judges on the supreme Court. A major anti gun law will have to be passed, signed into law, and successfully upheld by the courts. This could take years before this scenario plays out. But I suspect some day it actually will.

And at that time you idiots will cheerfully go to war against the principles of democracy? Welcome to Third World warlord heaven Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-04-2016, 03:33 AM
(26-04-2016 12:15 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Kasich does, however, have the advantages of not being either batshit crazy, or a congenital liar. There's that.

That's really the primary appeal. Talk about setting the bar low.

Hey, no candidate is perfect. But, he has a proven track record of not being insane and was able to work across the aisle in Ohio. That's clearly not the same as doing it nationally, but it's at least evidence he's not an uncompromising extremist.

Shame he has no chance as I think he's the best option.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
26-04-2016, 05:50 AM
(26-04-2016 12:05 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

Completely disagree. Small arms cannot effectively neutralize ground-attack aircraft, main battle tanks, financial strength, and such an uprising would surely incur the resentment if not the active hostility of the local population.

This scenario is a fantasy.

If this scenario ever needed to take place, it wouldn't be just an "uprising."

45% of the military comes from the south and a recent poll of active military members showed that less than 10% identify as Democrats. When the time comes, that firepower won't be on your side. The military might stay neutral, or they will be on the side of the revolution. In fact, I could see see military leaders leading the charge to overthrow a fully Democrat government and Court that was threatening to alter the 2nd amendment.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post