The Confederate flag

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2015, 12:06 PM
RE: The Confederate flag
(25-06-2015 12:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  We didn't want Canuckistan anyways, it's too goddamned cold. We were just tryin' to piss off the Limeys.

You guys always make excuses when you get your ass wooped! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
25-06-2015, 04:00 PM
(25-06-2015 12:06 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 12:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  We didn't want Canuckistan anyways, it's too goddamned cold. We were just tryin' to piss off the Limeys.

You guys always make excuses when you get your ass wooped! Smile

Yep - classic sour grapes. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-06-2015, 04:30 PM
(25-06-2015 11:05 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 09:31 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Best flag in the world...........

[Image: Canada_flag_halifax_9_-04.JPG]

Much like it's people, and I actually find this flag pleasant and even elegant to look at.

It's easy to pick out from all the other flags of the world.

And as far as I know it's not controversial.

Also, notice how it isn't locked in place like the Confederate flag in South Carolina.
Most people think it's a stylized maple leaf. Silly bastards. It's bloody swords grouped together.

It's the footprint of a 3-toed sloth. Lazy snow monkeys.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-06-2015, 07:39 PM
I don't quite understand the argument against taking the damn thing off public property. Yes, it's a racist flag.

When I moved to TN from NYC I had been under the impression from my NY history teachers that the war was about slavery and the flag was used afterwards as a symbol by white supremesest groups. Upon moving to TN I learned that no, it was about states rights and that all the southerners went out to tea and the north didn't really win and the flag was a symbol of southern pride.
25-06-2015, 07:56 PM
(25-06-2015 07:39 PM)natachan Wrote:  I don't quite understand the argument against taking the damn thing off public property. Yes, it's a racist flag.

When I moved to TN from NYC I had been under the impression from my NY history teachers that the war was about slavery and the flag was used afterwards as a symbol by white supremesest groups. Upon moving to TN I learned that no, it was about states rights and that all the southerners went out to tea and the north didn't really win and the flag was a symbol of southern pride.

The war was states rights alright.... a states rights to have slavery.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
25-06-2015, 07:59 PM
It blows me away, my Southern family's response to my very simple assertion that the people who MADE the flags said they were for racist intent. We have them on record... yet they claim it's "heritage" and that I'm being hateful because some black people don't mind the Battle Flag.

Horse hockey!

When the people who seceded said openly that their cause was White Supremacy, and when the designers of those flags say they're about White Supremacy, then we should probably conclude that they're about White Supremacy, and take them down from public buildings paid for by the tax dollars of African Americans.

Just a thought!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
25-06-2015, 08:08 PM
This is what I’m up against.

"They been trying to take the guns rights away from us. They trying to pass talking the confederate flag down. What's next taking are red,white, and blue flag down and are constitutional rights away? This is getting ridiculous. They are bad people out there white,black,red and green. Maybe we need to be talking and turning to are lord Jesus Christ instead of are politicians.”

This quote is from a person I have always considered a friend and decent human being. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-06-2015, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2015 08:22 PM by cactus.)
They're at it again with their "bigotry against Christians" nonsense Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
http://www.afa.net/the-stand/news/if-wer...f-bigotry/

"Big Gay," I'm going to start using that term, it sounds cute.

If I walk into your bakery holding hands with another dude, it's not my fault if you immediately start fantasizing about us having hot anal sex right there on your floor. It sounds to me like you're just jealous you can't get in on that kind of action. Tongue

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
25-06-2015, 08:55 PM
(25-06-2015 08:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This is what I’m up against.

"They been trying to take the guns rights away from us. They trying to pass talking the confederate flag down. What's next taking are red,white, and blue flag down and are constitutional rights away? This is getting ridiculous. They are bad people out there white,black,red and green. Maybe we need to be talking and turning to are lord Jesus Christ instead of are politicians.”

This quote is from a person I have always considered a friend and decent human being. Weeping

There are green people??? Hobo

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-06-2015, 09:49 PM
(25-06-2015 08:15 PM)cactus Wrote:  They're at it again with their "bigotry against Christians" nonsense Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
http://www.afa.net/the-stand/news/if-wer...f-bigotry/

"Big Gay," I'm going to start using that term, it sounds cute.

If I walk into your bakery holding hands with another dude, it's not my fault if you immediately start fantasizing about us having hot anal sex right there on your floor. It sounds to me like you're just jealous you can't get in on that kind of action. Tongue

"Gay Reich" Laughat

Yea, because gays pushing for equal rights is exactly like a genocidal white supremacist political party that ruled Germany in the 30's and 40's.

The only thing gays are oppressing is the ability for old white racist cunts like this douche to be considered decent people.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post