The Confederate flag

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: The Confederate flag
(25-06-2015 08:55 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There are green people??? Hobo

Apparently Undecided

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2015, 09:57 PM
(25-06-2015 09:51 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 08:55 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There are green people??? Hobo

Apparently Undecided

They're hungover, right?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-06-2015, 10:07 PM
(25-06-2015 09:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 09:51 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Apparently Undecided

They're hungover, right?

I don’t understand it, he used to be rational, or so I thought.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Best phrase of this nature I've heard lately is "relentlessly gay", on a hostile note taped to the door of a mother of four in the UK who put some rainbow-colored yard lamps up in her front garden. Google it.. worth a read!

I read it a week ago, and I've been using it ever since. Beautiful! Straight, here, but been around gays all my life as my mother is a theatre professor (at a Christian university, but went to public universities for her degrees, so I've been around theatre companies since I can remember, and have never considered homosexuality to be abnormal, even when my church was preaching about it), so I consider myself an ally in the strongest possible sense. As should any reasoning person, in my opinion. Seeing the "twitch" of my homophobic relatives and their social circles when I use the term is... as I said, beautiful.

While I don't deliberately seek to do harm to others or their feelings, I think in certain cases where they're really doing it to themselves, it's ethically acceptable... even if you enjoy doing it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
25-06-2015, 10:46 PM
(25-06-2015 12:06 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 12:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  We didn't want Canuckistan anyways, it's too goddamned cold. We were just tryin' to piss off the Limeys.

You guys always make excuses when you get your ass wooped! Smile

We didn't get whooped ... we conducted a strategic withdrawal.

And we learnt how to spell "whooped" while we were at it!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-06-2015, 12:11 AM
Maybe the flag had a meaning of states rights, against northern aggression or whatever floats their collective boat. The thing is over the years its been tarnished of any positive meaning; much like the once peaceful and loving swastika that even adorned ancient synagogues. A white power rally isn't complete without one, either of them actually.
My opinion, yes it should be taking down in public places yet I'm leery of it being taken down from private property. I dislike bad ideologies immensely yet I don't want them to be covered up or "white washed" I prefer bigots to wear it on thier sleeves.
The whole thing is going way out of proportion even leaking onto the itunes app store removing any confederate imagery link
Also several stores are pulling it. It's pretty complex when I think of this, one hand I want it gone yet the other I want it there so I can see who the bigots are. It's like warning labels.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
26-06-2015, 02:04 AM
(26-06-2015 12:11 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Maybe the flag had a meaning of states rights, against northern aggression or whatever floats their collective boat. The thing is over the years its been tarnished of any positive meaning; much like the once peaceful and loving swastika that even adorned ancient synagogues. A white power rally isn't complete without one, either of them actually.
My opinion, yes it should be taking down in public places yet I'm leery of it being taken down from private property. I dislike bad ideologies immensely yet I don't want them to be covered up or "white washed" I prefer bigots to wear it on thier sleeves.
The whole thing is going way out of proportion even leaking onto the itunes app store removing any confederate imagery link
Also several stores are pulling it. It's pretty complex when I think of this, one hand I want it gone yet the other I want it there so I can see who the bigots are. It's like warning labels.

While I tend to concur about the "warning labels", it's a very different question when you're talking about something posted on the grounds of a State Capitol Building, and that something is a well-known symbol of White Supremacy over the minority citizens of that state/nation. It would be inappropriate on any government building, but where it is is beyond the pale.

In fact, the part of this whole thing which floors me most is that there are idiots out there whining about how we're going to come take the flag away from them, when that's not what's under discussion at all. Keep that crap on your trucks and teeshirts, boys... I appreciate the warning label! Of course, these are some of the same jerks who think that if the teacher can't lead the students in Christian prayer, that "prayer is not allowed in schools", as they put it. Idiots! Facepalm

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
26-06-2015, 08:55 AM
http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/25/apple-...rate-flag/
"Apple states that 'we have removed apps from the App Store that use the Confederate flag in offensive or mean-spirited ways, which is in violation of our guidelines.'"
FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

Man, talk about missing the point.
It's a fucking history game, for Krishna's sake.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
26-06-2015, 08:58 AM
(26-06-2015 08:55 AM)cactus Wrote:  http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/25/apple-...rate-flag/
"Apple states that 'we have removed apps from the App Store that use the Confederate flag in offensive or mean-spirited ways, which is in violation of our guidelines.'"
FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

Man, talk about missing the point.
It's a fucking history game, for Krishna's sake.

Fuck Apple and their hipster culture. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Apple has already since then reconfigured exactly what they're doing. They're keeping historically fitting games that have the flag. But when it comes to awful Iphone type games, there is often racist fueling trash that is made and put up without much strife.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson