The Confederate flag

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: The Confederate flag
(29-06-2015 07:21 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  That moment you realize it might be time to rethink your opinion.

Facepalm The pro-flag folks need to take a look at the kind of people they share opinions with.
Facepalm

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
05-07-2015, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2015 03:20 AM by Imdefender.)
As an Australian I had no idea what the fuss was about so I decided to ask some of my US friends want it looks like this is what I got
[Image: thisone_zpsyx29vfhv.jpg]
now I can totally understand why a NAZY , UKIP ,feminist , ISIS ,KKK flag would definitely offend some people however one day I just might like to buy a NAZY , UKIP ,feminist , ISIS ,KKK flag and I should totally be allowed to do that
[+] 1 user Likes Imdefender's post
05-07-2015, 08:25 AM
@Imdefender

Your offensive flag is awesome. On the subject of the Confederate flag, the issue is not so much about people flying it, but the State of South Carolina doing it. I don't think this flag should represent the people of South Carolina. There is far too much bad blood around it. You could be allowed to buy an offensive flag, just like your allow to think that any ideology is correct despite evidence of the opposite, but you’re not allowed to fly it. After all, you’re not allowed to insult people in public or harass them.

On a more nitpicking note, the female symbol with the fist, is the symbol of Feminist not feminist and you forgot the symbol Bokko Haram and Hezbollah (which is the same it's AK-47 on a green flag with the Arabic words «God's will» underneath).
05-07-2015, 10:05 AM
The person who made that flag forgot a set of the dangling nuts from the redneck trailer hitches, to add next to the cleavage shot on the left of the flag.

But yes, that's impressively offensive!

Epron - That's been my biggest argument over the last few weeks, with my Deep South family and former friends... trying to explain to them why allowing consenting adults to marry is not the same as bestiality or child molestation... and trying to explain why pulling a symbol of a treasonous government and racist society off a gov't building does not mean I'm depriving them of their liberty to wear that flag as a shirt, fly it from their truck, or plant it on a pole in their front yard, if they wish. I just don't get how these people's minds work (or don't work).

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson