The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 02:26 PM
RE: The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.
(12-03-2017 01:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  How do you have a member base if you actually enforce rule 3) don't act like a pick by being disrespectful or disruptive?

Rule 3) is more like a suggestion.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 02:30 PM
(12-03-2017 02:19 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:09 PM)bemore Wrote:  I've seen people post subjects that go against the grain of what is accepted as "truth" on here. I've even done it myself.

They are normally open and honest, constructive threads when politeness and courtesy is extended.

Incredible claims need incredible evidence. If you can't "prove" something then don't expect to receive belief. If people mock your views. Keep it constructive and don't rise to derailing and pointless insults.

Bring it back one second there. Conspiracies aren't incredible, they are a common fact that dot history like small pox used to dot people. Speaking of smallpox, no one denies the smallpox blankets. No one.

Yet conspiracies today are much more obvious than the small pox blankets, and they have more scientific evidence to back them up.

Mate, you don't need to convince me.

Yes conspiracies happen but if I told you that I have a pink unicorn that is the the leader of the new world order then you will wish to see proof, you wouldn't just believe me.

People will disagree with my viewpoints on them taking out saddam and qaddifi as they were dangering the strength of the petrodollar by exchanging oil for Euros or direct aid (saddam) or the plans for the gold dinar (qaddafi).

People will probably disagree with my views on the coup of Ukraine and the many proxy wars in the middle east.

I haven't got a negative rep though......

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
12-03-2017, 02:31 PM
(12-03-2017 02:25 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:19 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Bring it back one second there. Conspiracies aren't incredible, they are a common fact that dot history like small pox used to dot people. Speaking of smallpox, no one denies the smallpox blankets. No one.

Yet conspiracies today are much more obvious than the small pox blankets, and they have more scientific evidence to back them up.

And this is why you fail and are derided.

Oh hush there mister my country is committing genocide against the palestinians and actively sought to sabotage a foreign nation with terrorism via the lavon affair.
12-03-2017, 02:36 PM
(12-03-2017 02:31 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:25 PM)adey67 Wrote:  And this is why you fail and are derided.

Oh hush there mister my country is committing genocide against the palestinians and actively sought to sabotage a foreign nation with terrorism via the lavon affair.

Political machinations and subterfuge are entirely different to crackpot conspiracy theories nice try though.
12-03-2017, 02:38 PM
(12-03-2017 02:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:31 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Oh hush there mister my country is committing genocide against the palestinians and actively sought to sabotage a foreign nation with terrorism via the lavon affair.

Political machinations and subterfuge are entirely different to crackpot conspiracy theories nice try though.

No they aren't, in fact they're mostly what conspiracies are comprised of. For example your country tried committing an act of terrorism on another country and only failed because one man fessed up. What then stops the united states from committing an act of terrorism on its own nation for the exact same political agenda your nation had back in the lavon affair? Absolutely nothing that's what.
12-03-2017, 02:40 PM
You know, it would be helpful if you had a great sense of humor. Being humorless brings on the negative reps faster than a bolt of lightning. Don't take yourself so damned serious.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
12-03-2017, 02:48 PM
(12-03-2017 02:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You know, it would be helpful if you had a great sense of humor. Being humorless brings on the negative reps faster than a bolt of lightning. Don't take yourself so damned serious.

So what you're saying is... if I can be humorous then they'll let me make threads again?

(12-03-2017 07:18 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 06:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 09:21 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm hoping that no one reports any of your posts because then I'd have to read them.

Drinking Beverage
My inner troll laughs wickedly...
a reporting I will go
a reporting I will go
high-ho a dairy O
DLJ just don't know

I already beat you to it.

No but seriously conspiracies are a subject not to be taken lightly.
12-03-2017, 02:50 PM
(12-03-2017 02:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Political machinations and subterfuge are entirely different to crackpot conspiracy theories nice try though.

No they aren't, in fact they're mostly what conspiracies are comprised of. For example your country tried committing an act of terrorism on another country and only failed because one man fessed up. What then stops the united states from committing an act of terrorism on its own nation for the exact same political agenda your nation had back in the lavon affair? Absolutely nothing that's what.
Your premise might hold if the idea of the government of the USA blowing up two buildings by controlled demolition wasn't so absurd and un do able some conspiracies are true like Watergate others like smallpox blankets were not strictly conspiracies but biological warfare/cruelty
12-03-2017, 02:52 PM
(12-03-2017 02:50 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  No they aren't, in fact they're mostly what conspiracies are comprised of. For example your country tried committing an act of terrorism on another country and only failed because one man fessed up. What then stops the united states from committing an act of terrorism on its own nation for the exact same political agenda your nation had back in the lavon affair? Absolutely nothing that's what.
Your premise might hold if the idea of the government of the USA blowing up two buildings by controlled demolition wasn't so absurd and un do able some conspiracies are true like Watergate others like smallpox blankets were not strictly conspiracies but biological warfare/cruelty

Huh? So more absurd and undoable than the Nazi holocaust?

By the way I don't think using that as an example is in poor taste given your countries current penchant for genocide against the Palestinians.
12-03-2017, 02:55 PM
(12-03-2017 02:48 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  So what you're saying is... if I can be humorous then they'll let me make threads again?

Especially a self deprecating sense of humor. Anyone who takes themselves too seriously around here is a prime target for ridicule, even other atheists.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.