The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 02:56 PM
RE: The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.
(12-03-2017 02:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:48 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  So what you're saying is... if I can be humorous then they'll let me make threads again?

Especially a self deprecating sense of humor. Anyone who takes themselves too seriously around here is a prime target for ridicule, even other atheists.

So the only way for me to get positive rep points is to be shallow? Would you believe me if I said, that this was not my serious face?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 02:57 PM
(12-03-2017 02:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 01:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  How do you have a member base if you actually enforce rule 3) don't act like a pick by being disrespectful or disruptive?

Rule 3) is more like a suggestion.

I wanna know how I can act like a "pick" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-03-2017, 03:04 PM
My grandfather was with British forces at the liberation of Bergen Belsen it is incredibly disingenuous to describe the holocaust in the same vein as 9/11, for a start the holocaust was discovered and proven in 1944/45 no evidence for 9/11 has ever been given let alone shitloads of dead bodies gas chambers etc. I find your willingness to use your nations / peoples tragedy as a vehicle to very poorly try and give credence to a banal theory disgusting to say the least.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
12-03-2017, 03:04 PM
(12-03-2017 01:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  How do you have a member base if you actually enforce rule 3) don't act like a pick by being disrespectful or disruptive?

By having members that don't act like pricks, aren't disrespectful, and aren't disruptive. That you think people on an internet forum must be disrespectful, disruptive pricks says a lot about you.

Anybody can be a jerk now and then; it's the ones that take pride in it that get booted.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-03-2017, 03:12 PM
(12-03-2017 03:04 PM)adey67 Wrote:  My grandfather was with British forces at the liberation of Bergen Belsen it is incredibly disingenuous to describe the holocaust in the same vein as 9/11, for a start the holocaust was discovered and proven in 1944/45 no evidence for 9/11 has ever been given let alone shitloads of dead bodies gas chambers etc. I find your willingness to use your nations / peoples tragedy as a vehicle to very poorly try and give credence to a banal theory disgusting to say the least.

Now imagine someone denied the holocaust, that is how I feel when people deny 9.11. You mock my people's suffering, and their tragedy, would you make light of the deaths of those who died in the concentration camps? Then why do you think I would make light of the deaths of those who died on 9.11?

The government which is still in power, isn't going to just admit to committing the biggest act of terrorism in the 21st century. Just like Germany wasn't going to admit to committing the second or third biggest act of genocide in the the 20th century.
12-03-2017, 03:15 PM
You are the one mocking your peoples tragedy you are Israeli are you not ? People deny the holocaust all the time and are no more credible than 9/11 nutters.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
12-03-2017, 03:18 PM
Also 9/11 conspiracy theories are the most insulting to the memory of the victims than anything else.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
12-03-2017, 03:21 PM
(12-03-2017 03:15 PM)adey67 Wrote:  You are the one mocking your peoples tragedy you are Israeli are you not ? People deny the holocaust all the time and are no more credible than 9/11 nutters.

I am american.

(12-03-2017 03:18 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Also 9/11 conspiracy theories are the most insulting to the memory of the victims than anything else.

Yeah... that's why members of victims family are 9.11 conspiracy theorists, as well as quite a few first responders.
12-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Wait, you're not Israeli are you ? You really dont think I'm mocking Americas dead from 9/11, they are a convenient vehicle for your bias and desire to be right and the chance to claim a non existent moral high ground. It is you who desecrates their memory by this insanity and desire to be right in your own mind. Terrorists got lucky that's all that happened and many Americans and others died horrible but simple no conspiracy required.
12-03-2017, 03:34 PM
(12-03-2017 03:04 PM)adey67 Wrote:  My grandfather was with British forces at the liberation of Bergen Belsen it is incredibly disingenuous to describe the holocaust in the same vein as 9/11, for a start the holocaust was discovered and proven in 1944/45 no evidence for 9/11 has ever been given let alone shitloads of dead bodies gas chambers etc. I find your willingness to use your nations / peoples tragedy as a vehicle to very poorly try and give credence to a banal theory disgusting to say the least.

Allies had (some) knowledge of Shoah in 1941. Alternatively they knew about it in 1942 [Raul Hilberg, Perpetrators Victims Bystanders: The Jewish Catastrophe, 1933-1945].

Considering that allies condemned Germans for exterminating the Jews in December 17, 1942 one can safely say that they knew about Shoah already.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post