The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.
(12-03-2017 03:12 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:04 PM)adey67 Wrote:  My grandfather was with British forces at the liberation of Bergen Belsen it is incredibly disingenuous to describe the holocaust in the same vein as 9/11, for a start the holocaust was discovered and proven in 1944/45 no evidence for 9/11 has ever been given let alone shitloads of dead bodies gas chambers etc. I find your willingness to use your nations / peoples tragedy as a vehicle to very poorly try and give credence to a banal theory disgusting to say the least.

Now imagine someone denied the holocaust, that is how I feel when people deny 9.11. You mock my people's suffering, and their tragedy, would you make light of the deaths of those who died in the concentration camps? Then why do you think I would make light of the deaths of those who died on 9.11?

The government which is still in power, isn't going to just admit to committing the biggest act of terrorism in the 21st century. Just like Germany wasn't going to admit to committing the second or third biggest act of genocide in the the 20th century.

You have no evidence that the US government had anything to do with 9/11, (other than their incompetent permissive carelessness in not listening to those who told the Bush Admin *something* was about to happen). The Bush Admin is NOT "still in power", you fucking idiot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 03:36 PM
(12-03-2017 03:21 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:15 PM)adey67 Wrote:  You are the one mocking your peoples tragedy you are Israeli are you not ? People deny the holocaust all the time and are no more credible than 9/11 nutters.

I am american.

(12-03-2017 03:18 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Also 9/11 conspiracy theories are the most insulting to the memory of the victims than anything else.

Yeah... that's why members of victims family are 9.11 conspiracy theorists, as well as quite a few first responders.
Don't make them right are all victims families thinking this ? You make out they are when they are not. People frequently find the need to have the magnitude of an event to have a cause of equal magnitude rather than a few Towel heads with box cutters who got lucky
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
12-03-2017, 03:37 PM
(12-03-2017 03:21 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Yeah... that's why members of victims family are 9.11 conspiracy theorists, as well as quite a few first responders.

Victims are not experts, necessarily, in the circumstances that led to the deaths of their family members, and neither are first responders.
It's a fake attempt at an argument from some sort of false authority.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-03-2017, 03:45 PM
(12-03-2017 03:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:21 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Yeah... that's why members of victims family are 9.11 conspiracy theorists, as well as quite a few first responders.

Victims are not experts, necessarily, in the circumstances that led to the deaths of their family members, and neither are first responders.

Actually it was the proper response to his appeal to emotions, which is a logical fallacy. He tried using the victim's families in an effort to appeal to my emotions, but he did not account for that indeed some of the victim's families are conspiracy theorists.
12-03-2017, 03:48 PM
(12-03-2017 03:34 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:04 PM)adey67 Wrote:  My grandfather was with British forces at the liberation of Bergen Belsen it is incredibly disingenuous to describe the holocaust in the same vein as 9/11, for a start the holocaust was discovered and proven in 1944/45 no evidence for 9/11 has ever been given let alone shitloads of dead bodies gas chambers etc. I find your willingness to use your nations / peoples tragedy as a vehicle to very poorly try and give credence to a banal theory disgusting to say the least.

Allies had (some) knowledge of Shoah in 1941. Alternatively they knew about it in 1942 [Raul Hilberg, Perpetrators Victims Bystanders: The Jewish Catastrophe, 1933-1945].

Considering that allies condemned Germans for exterminating the Jews in December 17, 1942 one can safely say that they knew about Shoah already.

By discovered I mean liberating the camps and prosecuting war crimes I am aware the allies were in the possession of some facts regarding the holocaust much earlier on but they were hardly in a position to do anything about it, bombing raids on the camps were contemplated but discounted, let us not muddy the waters my friend.
12-03-2017, 03:57 PM
(12-03-2017 03:45 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Victims are not experts, necessarily, in the circumstances that led to the deaths of their family members, and neither are first responders.

Actually it was the proper response to his appeal to emotions, which is a logical fallacy. He tried using the victim's families in an effort to appeal to my emotions, but he did not account for that indeed some of the victim's families are conspiracy theorists.
Not a fallacy unless the majority of the families are conspiracy theorists which they are not. I'm not appealing to your emotions you have proven you have only the desire to be right nothing more I point out inconvenient truths you dislike like the fact you're being disrespectful to the victims by turning a tragedy into a farce.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
12-03-2017, 04:02 PM
(12-03-2017 03:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

This and also from a psychological stance it's actually understandable why they wouldn't want to believe the simple fact that two planes did bring the towers down. it's far easier to accept that something else happened, than to actually believe the simple truth that's way more fucked up. Life is incredibly random and shit does happen.

People often who are damaged don't want to believe in the randomness of it all. The senseless killing. It's the same type of asshole who alludes to Sandy Hook being a false flag, or government conspiracy. What's truly worse, is they take NO responsibility for the damage they cause and continue to cause the victims.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-03-2017, 04:06 PM
(12-03-2017 04:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Victims are not experts, necessarily, in the circumstances that led to the deaths of their family members, and neither are first responders.

This and also from a psychological stance it's actually understandable why they wouldn't want to believe the simple fact that two planes did bring the towers down. it's far easier to accept that something else happened, than to actually believe the simple truth that's way more fucked up. Life is incredibly random and shit does happen.

People often who are damaged don't want to believe in the randomness of it all. The senseless killing. It's the same type of asshole who alludes to Sandy Hook being a false flag, or government conspiracy. What's truly worse, is they take NO responsibility for the damage they cause and continue to cause the victims.

And another appeal to emotion.

Probably should have added fallacious arguments to the list of confirmation bias and bigotry. Oh well, that boat has sailed now.

So you know, I'm neg repping you in my mind.
12-03-2017, 04:10 PM
(12-03-2017 04:06 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  And another appeal to emotion.

Probably should have added fallacious arguments to the list of confirmation bias and bigotry. Oh well, that boat has sailed now.

So you know, I'm neg repping you in my mind.

Only fallacious arguments here are yours.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
12-03-2017, 04:10 PM
(12-03-2017 03:57 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:45 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Actually it was the proper response to his appeal to emotions, which is a logical fallacy. He tried using the victim's families in an effort to appeal to my emotions, but he did not account for that indeed some of the victim's families are conspiracy theorists.
Not a fallacy unless the majority of the families are conspiracy theorists which they are not. I'm not appealing to your emotions you have proven you have only the desire to be right nothing more I point out inconvenient truths you dislike like the fact you're being disrespectful to the victims by turning a tragedy into a farce.

well since most americans believe in the holocaust I can assure you that most of those families believe in conspiracies. As for if they're conspiracy theorists, really a conspiracy theory is only a conspiracy that doesn't have the official backing by a government. In which I know the Iranian president denied the holocaust, soooo by Iranian standards they would be conspiracy theorists.