The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 04:17 PM
RE: The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.
(12-03-2017 04:10 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:57 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Not a fallacy unless the majority of the families are conspiracy theorists which they are not. I'm not appealing to your emotions you have proven you have only the desire to be right nothing more I point out inconvenient truths you dislike like the fact you're being disrespectful to the victims by turning a tragedy into a farce.

well since most americans believe in the holocaust I can assure you that most of those families believe in conspiracies. As for if they're conspiracy theorists, really a conspiracy theory is only a conspiracy that doesn't have the official backing by a government. In which I know the Iranian president denied the holocaust, soooo by Iranian standards they would be conspiracy theorists.

I'm pretty sure if the majority of the families of the victims believed 9/11 was a conspiracy we would have heard more about it. Sad fact is the majority of 9/11 conspiracy theorists are tinfoil hatters in moms basement.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
12-03-2017, 04:22 PM
(12-03-2017 04:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Victims are not experts, necessarily, in the circumstances that led to the deaths of their family members, and neither are first responders.
It's a fake attempt at an argument from some sort of false authority.

This and also from a psychological stance it's actually understandable why they wouldn't want to believe the simple fact that two planes did bring the towers down. it's far easier to accept that something else happened, than to actually believe the simple truth that's way more fucked up. Life is incredibly random and shit does happen.

People often who are damaged don't want to believe in the randomness of it all. The senseless killing. It's the same type of asshole who alludes to Sandy Hook being a false flag, or government conspiracy. What's truly worse, is they take NO responsibility for the damage they cause and continue to cause the victims.

CW's also a Sandy Hook denier.
12-03-2017, 04:23 PM
(12-03-2017 03:45 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Victims are not experts, necessarily, in the circumstances that led to the deaths of their family members, and neither are first responders.
It's a fake attempt at an argument from some sort of false authority.

Actually it was the proper response to his appeal to emotions, which is a logical fallacy. He tried using the victim's families in an effort to appeal to my emotions, but he did not account for that indeed some of the victim's families are conspiracy theorists.

There's a whole thread devoted to the 9/11 conspiracy shit. It's 183 pages long so it should keep you busy for a while. Have fun reading it.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...11-EXPOSED

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
(12-03-2017 04:22 PM)julep Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 04:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This and also from a psychological stance it's actually understandable why they wouldn't want to believe the simple fact that two planes did bring the towers down. it's far easier to accept that something else happened, than to actually believe the simple truth that's way more fucked up. Life is incredibly random and shit does happen.

People often who are damaged don't want to believe in the randomness of it all. The senseless killing. It's the same type of asshole who alludes to Sandy Hook being a false flag, or government conspiracy. What's truly worse, is they take NO responsibility for the damage they cause and continue to cause the victims.

Quelle surprise.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
(12-03-2017 04:06 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  So you know, I'm neg repping you in my mind.

I imagine there's enough room in there to keep a running tally of us all. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 9 users Like kim's post
12-03-2017, 04:38 PM
(12-03-2017 04:22 PM)julep Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 04:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This and also from a psychological stance it's actually understandable why they wouldn't want to believe the simple fact that two planes did bring the towers down. it's far easier to accept that something else happened, than to actually believe the simple truth that's way more fucked up. Life is incredibly random and shit does happen.

The contempt I have for Sandy Hook deniers cannot be measured. What a fucking asshole.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-03-2017, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 10:48 PM by kim.)
(12-03-2017 04:23 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 04:22 PM)julep Wrote:  CW's also a Sandy Hook denier.
Quelle surprise.

Well sure. Buying into the ubiquitous god conspiracy is often unavoidable - cultural & family pressures can ensure the delusion takes hold and lasts well into adulthood. But unless or until, one is unable to break free, paranoia feeds the insecurity. Interest turns to martyrdom, persecution, conspiracy, etc., it all feeds into the necessary illusion to support the deeper delusion.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-03-2017, 04:44 PM
...I have no idea what the OP is talking about.... seems like some rant about a person carried over from another thread without any links to the original conversation... I'm at page one I look at the top post and all I get is a random mishmash of descriptors about a person and position without an object or noun to be described.

So confusing, random, and seemingly pointless.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 04:44 PM
He's just baiting now. We have battling trolls junking things up.

I assume they will both be gone soon...I hope they will anyway .

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
12-03-2017, 04:46 PM
(12-03-2017 04:44 PM)JesseB Wrote:  So confusing, random, and seemingly pointless.

Yep, that's CW

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post