The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 05:05 PM
RE: The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.
Hi Celestrial Wonder,

I've read the whole thread just now. I would like to tell you that I understand your concerns. In my eyes, so called conspiracy theorists are concerned about the fact that the world isn't like it appears to be. But it is hard to put a finger on what exactely it is. We try to make sense of things that don't make much sense. And then along comes con-artist Xyz and gives you a theory that sound plausable and you get at it. (When I use the term "you" I don't mean you, personally). The problem with so called consiracy theories and the ones who defend them is, IMHO, they are mostely not experts in the field. They don't have much knowledge regarding the particular theory they find plausible. And the con-artists know that. So when they then try to come up with the theory, trying to defend its validity, the fellow con-artists, who cooked that theory up in the first place, all jump on them and shout, "wrong! You have no valid evidence for that!"

I'm not saying certain theorys are not true. All I'm saying is that being an expert in so called conspiracy theories isn't a goal worth archieving. And here is why: There is enough evidence for a lot of stuff that is happening that can not be merely called a conspiracy therory. And certain experts point out those things, that are utterly wrong with the world. For example people like Chris Hedges and Noam Chomsky are doing it. And many others too. They live for exposing the "real" crap that is happening.

Basically my point is: Become an expert in one field you are good in. And if you think the world is full of conspiracys, keep that for yourself and find a way to make your point as an expert in your very own field. For example, write a novel about it and use that as a means to "expose" something.

Also: The ones who are indeed experts in so called conspiracys know their stuff very well. And there are only a few of those. And most of them are so called wistle-blowers. And if you are not a wistle-blower, you're not gonna be taken seriously by skeptics anyway.

It's a rough world, indeed.

I hope that helps.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Billanja's post
12-03-2017, 05:09 PM
(12-03-2017 06:47 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  When the authority tries to stifle freedom of speech it is a grave injustice, be it on the internet or out in the street it shows a deep seated phobia of the truth. When even the moderators here openly show their disdain for me though they can find no fault to ban me, it shows qualities most unbecoming of a person charged with authority. Rather then, are they not sowing the discord for which they are oppositely charged with keeping dialogues flowing in harmony? When even the moderators join in on this hunt for a run away nigger, there can be no mistaking that bias and bigotry fills their hearts. Both of which are extremely illogical. It is more my dear Astreja than meaningless rep points.

(sighs heavily and shakes head) Well, I tried. I'm out.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
12-03-2017, 05:43 PM
(12-03-2017 04:10 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  well since most americans believe in the holocaust I can assure you that most of those families believe in conspiracies. As for if they're conspiracy theorists, really a conspiracy theory is only a conspiracy that doesn't have the official backing by a government. In which I know the Iranian president denied the holocaust, soooo by Iranian standards they would be conspiracy theorists.

1. You presented no evidence. You saying something is not evidence.
2. Your personal definition of what constitutes a "conspiracy theory" is nothing but your own definition.

Quote:In which I know the Iranian president denied the holocaust, soooo by Iranian standards they would be conspiracy theorists.

....is nothing but meaningless drivel, and not even a sentence in the English language.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-03-2017, 05:47 PM
You cane to a community largely of the skeptical atheist realm which moreso is what the tta/aca type communities attracted.

Go to af,org if you want other scoped out types... but lots of people who were banned there came here with the same attitude that got banned again.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-03-2017, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 06:28 PM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(12-03-2017 04:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 04:22 PM)julep Wrote:  CW's also a Sandy Hook denier.

The contempt I have for Sandy Hook deniers cannot be measured. What a fucking asshole.

See? This shit right here is exactly what I'm talking about. Went from nice to instant hatred. Control your fucking emotions you bloody wankers. Jesus Christ its like a roller coaster with you guys, emotions are some of the most counterintuitive things towards logical and rational mind.

Is this how you were when you were questioning the existence of your god?

(12-03-2017 05:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You cane to a community largely of the skeptical atheist realm which moreso is what the tta/aca type communities attracted.

Go to af,org if you want other scoped out types... but lots of people who were banned there came here with the same attitude that got banned again.

Now you see, you made a spelling mistake with came, I'm not going to be an asshole or a prick and make fun of you for that while simultaneously trying to draw the discussion away from something that makes me feel uncomfortable just so I can insult someone to make myself feel better because they have a different opinion than I do.

As for what I came to, there were very few people I meant here that did not succumb to emotion. Therefore if the people here are skeptical, they are skeptical only to a degree before their emotion blinds them.
12-03-2017, 06:27 PM
(12-03-2017 06:24 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 04:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The contempt I have for Sandy Hook deniers cannot be measured. What a fucking asshole.

See? This shit right here is exactly what I'm talking about. Went from nice to instant hatred. Control your fucking emotions you bloody wankers. Jesus Christ its like a roller coaster with you guys, emotions are some of the most counterintuitive things towards logical and rational mind.

You make it hard to be nice to you.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
12-03-2017, 06:29 PM
(12-03-2017 06:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 06:24 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  See? This shit right here is exactly what I'm talking about. Went from nice to instant hatred. Control your fucking emotions you bloody wankers. Jesus Christ its like a roller coaster with you guys, emotions are some of the most counterintuitive things towards logical and rational mind.

You make it hard to be nice to you.

Actually its quite easy to be nice to others. But if you make a single mistake when you're having a debate with me. I will call you out for it. CHAS.
12-03-2017, 06:30 PM
(12-03-2017 06:29 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 06:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You make it hard to be nice to you.

Actually its quite easy to be nice to others. But if you make a single mistake when you're having a debate with me. I will call you out for it. CHAS.

It's easy to be nice to others who are being nice to you, you want respect you have to give respect.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-03-2017, 06:42 PM
(12-03-2017 04:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The contempt I have for Sandy Hook deniers cannot be measured. What a fucking asshole.

(12-03-2017 05:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You cane to a community largely of the skeptical atheist realm which moreso is what the tta/aca type communities attracted.

Now you see, you made a spelling mistake with came, I'm not going to be an asshole or a prick and make fun of you for that while simultaneously trying to draw the discussion away from something that makes me feel uncomfortable just so I can insult someone to make myself feel better because they have a different opinion than I do.

As for what I came to, there were very few people I meant here that did not succumb to emotion. Therefore if the people here are skeptical, they are skeptical only to a degree before their emotion blinds them.

(12-03-2017 06:24 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Went from nice to instant hatred. Control your fucking emotions you bloody wankers.

Yup, it sure did. Why don't you go face to face and tell this to the parents of the children that died that day. They'd be too polite to spit in your face but the real truth is you're not worth spitting on. Go fuck yourself.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-03-2017, 06:46 PM

Of course it did! That kind of shit deserves hatred. I'm not being emotional, I'm simply stating a fact. Any support you might have had dried up when you went careening down that road. You don't get to say whatever thought vomit comes into your feeble brain and you certainly don't get to claim a victory when it's also clear that you've lost your argument.

I'm not going to bother to neg rep you...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 10 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post