The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 06:56 PM
RE: The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.
(12-03-2017 06:24 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 04:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The contempt I have for Sandy Hook deniers cannot be measured. What a fucking asshole.

See? This shit right here is exactly what I'm talking about. Went from nice to instant hatred. Control your fucking emotions you bloody wankers. Jesus Christ its like a roller coaster with you guys, emotions are some of the most counterintuitive things towards logical and rational mind.

Is this how you were when you were questioning the existence of your god?

(12-03-2017 05:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You cane to a community largely of the skeptical atheist realm which moreso is what the tta/aca type communities attracted.

Go to af,org if you want other scoped out types... but lots of people who were banned there came here with the same attitude that got banned again.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Now you see, you made a spelling mistake with came, I'm not going to be an asshole or a prick and make fun of you for that while simultaneously trying to draw the discussion away from something that makes me feel uncomfortable just so I can insult someone to make myself feel better because they have a different opinion than I do.

As for what I came to, there were very few people I meant here that did not succumb to emotion. Therefore if the people here are skeptical, they are skeptical only to a degree before their emotion blinds them.
The problem is you seem to think your thoughts are not in a new form or something that hasn't been done To Death here repeatedly. The skepticism had been considered but when nothing new shows up, it's not taken as anything else but the dull dregs

Its a bore when you will see dozens of the same thread. Every two weeks you'll see a morality debate thread begin again, a presupositonalist style Christian one, and a couple other specific types. Every couple weeks they come up and it's back to repeating it all again. Now it's less common , more akin to every few 4 months or so an old 9/11, holocaust, or government is inherently anti human type thread is created. Be it a new poster of returning sporadic poster on it... rarely is a link or coherent thought newly examined to be skeptically examined brought up. The same weak examples of reasoning of following logical & scientific ideas poorly to conclusion show just as religious threads saying creation needs creator or I have proof of Jesus by x quote of figurehead threads.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ClydeLee's post
12-03-2017, 06:57 PM
.... wait.... I said fuck you to the guy for purely rational intellectual, fact based science backed demonstrably true reasons...... I didn't get emotional at all.....

I just didn't feel the need to point out how idiotic he sounded as its clear if he thinks that way, then reality isn't his strong suit to begin with, so why waste my energy.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 06:59 PM
The shitstain is gone and good riddance.
12-03-2017, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 07:04 PM by dancefortwo.)
The thing with conspiracy theory types is that they feel they and they alone have the inside scoop on what happened. It give them a sense of self importance that they don't have in any other part of their lives. I think it's a mental illness or maybe a personality disorder and it's probably impossible to treat.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-03-2017, 07:06 PM
One down one to go Drinking Beverage
12-03-2017, 07:09 PM
(12-03-2017 07:06 PM)adey67 Wrote:  One down one to go Drinking Beverage

And...that's a wrap! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-03-2017, 07:12 PM
(12-03-2017 06:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm not going to bother to neg rep you...

bwahahahahahabwbaba .... bwahwhaHAHAA.,

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Have fun losing every argument you have somewhere else on the internet, pretending to be some moral crusader fighting against the corruption of government.....while being an apologist for rape enablers. Drinking Beverage

Stupid. Cunt.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
12-03-2017, 08:40 PM
(12-03-2017 06:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 06:24 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  See? This shit right here is exactly what I'm talking about. Went from nice to instant hatred. Control your fucking emotions you bloody wankers. Jesus Christ its like a roller coaster with you guys, emotions are some of the most counterintuitive things towards logical and rational mind.

Of course it did! That kind of shit deserves hatred. I'm not being emotional, I'm simply stating a fact. Any support you might have had dried up when you went careening down that road. You don't get to say whatever thought vomit comes into your feeble brain and you certainly don't get to claim a victory when it's also clear that you've lost your argument.

I'm not going to bother to neg rep you...

THUD! (a book written by Terry Pratchett) Well played, moms, well played! Laugh out load
12-03-2017, 08:50 PM
(12-03-2017 06:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm not going to bother to neg rep you...mic drop

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post