The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2017, 01:41 PM
RE: The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.
(14-03-2017 01:26 PM)julep Wrote:  Never go anywhere without a book.

Amen. This is one of my standard "rules to live by."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
14-03-2017, 06:23 PM
The trouble with conspiracy theorists is that they tend to see everything as a conspiracy. That becomes problematic when an occasional actual real conspiracy crops up -- and they do, now and then -- because it looks to all the world like just another paranoiac rant by the conspiracy theorist. Conspiracy theories distract our attention and resources away from real problems.

Hmm . . . Wait a minute . . .

Could it be that conspiracy theorists are part of the grand conspiracy, dangled before us by the Illuminati like puppets on a string, to keep us from looking where their real nefarious plans are being put into play?

I better quit now; I'm starting to scare myself. Gasp

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 6 users Like Dr H's post
14-03-2017, 06:26 PM
(14-03-2017 06:23 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Could it be that conspiracy theorists are part of the grand conspiracy, dangled before us by the Illuminati like puppets on a string, to keep us from looking where their real nefarious plans are being put into play?

Not consciously but Yes, through projection. Conspiracy theorists are telling us about the lens through which they see other people. Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
25-05-2017, 08:50 AM
(10-03-2017 10:45 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Huuuuuh he's a conspiracy wacko, what a weirdo! A person who actually questions the moral integrity of the government to such a degree that makes me feel uncomfortable yet I'm more than willing to believe in past conspiracies and present conspiracies so long as they aren't involving my government or governments that are politically similar to my own! Because even though we 'democratically' elected our officials we still don't have any say in what happens inside the government but somehow we think that this makes us immune to the government committing heinous crimes even though they're as transparent as a brick wall. But i'm still going to sit here like an idiot saying he's an idiot for questioning things that I haven't even bothered questioning because I think they're ridiculous because my government and everyone on this forum tells me so except for that one weirdo because all the other weirdos like him were banned so he's the only one here right now, so my 'safety in numbers' logic is actually artificially constructed by the administrators of the forum. But I don't want to go against the status quo because really on the inside I'm a afraid and I don't want to believe that my government is capable of doing bad things because I want to keep my innocent (and severely misguided) view of the world. Even though there is all the evidence needed to support these theories but I don't value any evidence unless it proves what I want it to prove.

~Celestial Wonder's perspective.

Thank you.

Drinking Beverage

No
25-05-2017, 03:23 PM
(25-05-2017 08:50 AM)mikep987654321 Wrote:  Drinking Beverage

Uh... you may have not noticed that this thread died more than two months ago Mike, plus the OP was banned. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
01-06-2017, 02:24 AM
(14-03-2017 01:26 PM)julep Wrote:  Never go anywhere without a book.

Never go anywhere without a Towel Wink

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
01-06-2017, 08:24 AM
The thread title displays a clear case of confirmation bias.

01-06-2017, 08:38 AM
I mean, bigotry and confirmation bias exist here, like anywhere else, but I wouldn't call it rampant.