The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: The Confirmation Bias and Bigotry that is rampant in this forum.
(12-03-2017 08:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Celestial wankers posts sound like the majority of conspiracy nuts, basically what he's saying is he demands the right to post bullshit without being questioned. Seriously if the majority of conspiracy theories were so irrefutable so plausible and worthy of debate why do the proponents always have to resort to either denial, acrobatic apologetics or claim censorship and foul play, psykihacker does it you tubers do it all the time and now CW too.

Oh jeez I wonder why? Couldn't be the fact that now we both are listed as naughty, a degrading comment to our moral character and now can't make any threads could it? Not a single bit of censorship there?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 01:39 PM
I used to be a moderator here Celestial and I know how it works on the forum.

Your reputation rating will be given to you for 3 main reasons (in my opinion)

1: How you conduct yourself on the forum. Courtesy, manners and respect.
2: What you bring to the forum.
3: Your beliefs.

Numbers 1 and 2 are the most common. Number 3 is an extension of 1 and 2.

I have seen many discussions on previous members and what to do about them. From aggressive vegans (LZUMedia) through to flip flopping christians/astrologers (Gordon) and the last thing anyone on this forum would wish to do is ban or limit peoples speech in any way.

The only real, solid rules here are don't post anything highly graphical or sexual, don't discuss pedophilia (especially in any way that glorifies or justifies it) and don't act like a fucking prick by being disrespectful or disruptive.

I aint here enough anymore and I haven't read your posts to fully appreciate your views or what your complaints are. What I do know though is you must be doing something wrong in a place that is one of the most laid back forums I have ever frequented and the problem will lie with you, not the forum.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 6 users Like bemore's post
12-03-2017, 01:52 PM
(12-03-2017 01:39 PM)bemore Wrote:  I used to be a moderator here Celestial and I know how it works on the forum.

I have seen many discussions on previous members and what to do about them. From aggressive vegans (LZUMedia) through to flip flopping christians/astrologers (Gordon) and the last thing anyone on this forum would wish to do is ban or limit peoples speech in any way.

The only real, solid rules here are don't post anything highly graphical or sexual, don't discuss pedophilia (especially in any way that glorifies or justifies it) and don't act like a fucking prick by being disrespectful or disruptive.

I aint here enough anymore and I haven't read your posts to fully appreciate your views or what your complaints are. What I do know though is you must be doing something wrong in a place that is one of the most laid back forums I have ever frequented and the problem will lie with you, not the forum.

How do you have a member base if you actually enforce rule 3) don't act like a pick by being disrespectful or disruptive?

Consider

Also there's movies about that, about 'relaxed' out of the way villages that are so remote they seem perfect on the outside. But once someone comes from the outside it quickly becomes a horror movie because the villages doesn't want the outside to come to them so they kill any outsiders that come their way.

Your 'relaxed' is artificially constructed, built upon the corpses of all that have disagreed with the 'enforced' views of this forum.

Viva la resistance!
12-03-2017, 01:58 PM
(12-03-2017 01:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  How do you have a member base if you actually enforce rule 3) don't act like a pick by being disrespectful or disruptive?

Consider

Also there's movies about that, about 'relaxed' out of the way villages that are so remote they seem perfect on the outside. But once someone comes from the outside it quickly becomes a horror movie because the villages doesn't want the outside to come to them so they kill any outsiders that come their way.

Your 'relaxed' is artificially constructed, built upon the corpses of all that have disagreed with the 'enforced' views of this forum.

Viva la resistance!

I'm just curious to hear why you are here. What are you getting out of this?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-03-2017, 01:59 PM
(12-03-2017 01:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 01:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  How do you have a member base if you actually enforce rule 3) don't act like a pick by being disrespectful or disruptive?

Consider

Viva la resistance!

I'm just curious to hear why you are here. What are you getting out of this?

A very good lesson on the meaning of the word futile.
[+] 1 user Likes Celestial_Wonder's post
12-03-2017, 02:00 PM
(12-03-2017 01:59 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 01:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  I'm just curious to hear why you are here. What are you getting out of this?

A very good lesson on the meaning of the word futile.

You'd have more fun just reading Don Quixote.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-03-2017, 02:09 PM
(12-03-2017 01:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 01:39 PM)bemore Wrote:  I used to be a moderator here Celestial and I know how it works on the forum.

How do you have a member base if you actually enforce rule 3) don't act like a pick by being disrespectful or disruptive?

Consider

Viva la resistance!

I've seen people post subjects that go against the grain of what is accepted as "truth" on here. I've even done it myself.

They are normally open and honest, constructive threads when politeness and courtesy is extended.

Incredible claims need incredible evidence. If you can't "prove" something then don't expect to receive belief. If people mock your views. Keep it constructive and don't rise to derailing and pointless insults.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
12-03-2017, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 02:29 PM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(12-03-2017 02:09 PM)bemore Wrote:  

Consider

Viva la resistance!

I've seen people post subjects that go against the grain of what is accepted as "truth" on here. I've even done it myself.

They are normally open and honest, constructive threads when politeness and courtesy is extended.

Incredible claims need incredible evidence. If you can't "prove" something then don't expect to receive belief. If people mock your views. Keep it constructive and don't rise to derailing and pointless insults.

Bring it back one second there. Conspiracies aren't incredible, they are a common fact that dot history like small pox used to dot people. Speaking of smallpox, no one denies the smallpox blankets. No one.

Yet conspiracies today are much more obvious than the small pox blankets, and they have more scientific evidence to back them up.

They are neither a stretch of the imagination (at least most of them) and they LIKE ATHEISTS, can not be lopped all into the same group. There are some bad atheists like Richard Dawkins and Stalin, and then there's good atheists like Morgan Freeman. Likewise conspiracy theories, there are some good conspiracies out there, like 9.11 and then there's bad conspiracies like the reptilian new world order.

Nor do they require that much evidence to prove. What you are doing is setting your expectations so high that they can not be meant.
12-03-2017, 02:25 PM
(12-03-2017 01:23 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 08:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Celestial wankers posts sound like the majority of conspiracy nuts, basically what he's saying is he demands the right to post bullshit without being questioned. Seriously if the majority of conspiracy theories were so irrefutable so plausible and worthy of debate why do the proponents always have to resort to either denial, acrobatic apologetics or claim censorship and foul play, psykihacker does it you tubers do it all the time and now CW too.

Oh jeez I wonder why? Couldn't be the fact that now we both are listed as naughty, a degrading comment to our moral character and now can't make any threads could it? Not a single bit of censorship there?

Just like you would be kicked out of a public establishment for acting like an ass, you are being punished for acting like an ass here. It's not what you believe in, it's how you go about arguing about it. You are acting like a 5 year old child who didn't get the toy he wanted at the store. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequence. You can say what you want but that also means you open yourself up to the responses to what you say.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
12-03-2017, 02:25 PM
(12-03-2017 02:19 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:09 PM)bemore Wrote:  I've seen people post subjects that go against the grain of what is accepted as "truth" on here. I've even done it myself.

Bring it back one second there. Conspiracies aren't incredible, they are a common fact that dot history like small pox used to dot people. Speaking of smallpox, no one denies the smallpox blankets. No one.

Yet conspiracies today are much more obvious than the small pox blankets, and they have more scientific evidence to back them up.

And this is why you fail and are derided.