The Consequences of Hugging Bunnies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 10:15 AM
RE: The Consequences of Hugging Bunnies
(31-07-2015 10:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 10:03 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Luring animals out of a protected area with the intent to slaughter them for their skins and for sport and profit is poaching.

I am a vegan (and one of the animal rights people you mentioned in your post). That said, I am fine with hunting--as long as it is done humanely, ethically, within the boundaries of the law, and with the intent of using the animal for food. Killing for trophies is a disgusting practice.

Fully agree with you. I do hunt -- and care less if it's got big or little antlers. I don't eat that part - and have never understood the fascination. I suspect it's a penile compensation syndrome of some sort. I probably would shoot a lion if one decided to take up residence in my backyard -- but I'd never waste my time and money to go somewhere else to kill one. Again -- seems like a "compensation" kinda activity.

If they have proof that the animal was lured -- that's probably covered by poaching laws - and they should be enforced.

I actually prefer if people hunt (legally/ethically/humanely) instead of getting farm-raised meat. I personally prefer to hug bunnies instead of eating them Big Grin But I don't have a problem with others who eat meat.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-07-2015, 10:18 AM
(31-07-2015 10:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I actually prefer if people hunt (legally/ethically/humanely) instead of getting farm-raised meat. I personally prefer to hug bunnies instead of eating them Big Grin But I don't have a problem with others who eat meat.

LOL.. I just had sort of the reverse of this conversation with my SO..

She wanted to know why I don't hunt rabbits (plentiful in this area) - because she likes rabbit meat. I don't really care for it - and you only hunt them in cold weather -which is a pain (literally ) for me. I do my hunting from a heated elevated blind with all the comforts.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-07-2015, 10:20 AM
(31-07-2015 10:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 10:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Fully agree with you. I do hunt -- and care less if it's got big or little antlers. I don't eat that part - and have never understood the fascination. I suspect it's a penile compensation syndrome of some sort. I probably would shoot a lion if one decided to take up residence in my backyard -- but I'd never waste my time and money to go somewhere else to kill one. Again -- seems like a "compensation" kinda activity.

If they have proof that the animal was lured -- that's probably covered by poaching laws - and they should be enforced.

I actually prefer if people hunt (legally/ethically/humanely) instead of getting farm-raised meat. I personally prefer to hug bunnies instead of eating them Big Grin But I don't have a problem with others who eat meat.

Rabbits don't make good eating anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-07-2015, 10:22 AM
What's wrong with you people, Rabbit is good eating anytime I've had it. I think it was mostly stew made from old Italian garlicy styled cookin.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
31-07-2015, 10:23 AM
I did some research - and I have to correct myself --

there was ONE license issued to hunt white rhino last month.

For $120,000.

That will pay for a couple of rangers for a couple of years...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-07-2015, 10:24 AM
(31-07-2015 10:20 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 10:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I actually prefer if people hunt (legally/ethically/humanely) instead of getting farm-raised meat. I personally prefer to hug bunnies instead of eating them Big Grin But I don't have a problem with others who eat meat.

Better than squirrel....

Squirrel is a whole bunch of work for a piece of meat about the size of a beef jerky....

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
31-07-2015, 10:27 AM
(31-07-2015 10:20 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

Tastes like chicken.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
31-07-2015, 10:36 AM
The problem I have with this story, well there are several, but the main thing is that it simply isn't sporting. My husband is certified to hunt with a bow and arrow. Not a compound bow..... an old fashioned bow and arrow. It takes ENORMOUSt skill to hunt this way. This dentist is a fuckin panty waist little wimp.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
31-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Another thing -- dangerous game like lions learn quite quickly.

I lived on Kodiak Island for a while - and at one point they had restricted all hunting of Kodiak Browns to get the numbers back up.

When they did - the bears quickly figured out that they were not threatened by humans. In fact - the bears quickly learned to come to the sound of gunfire - because they knew that something had just got shot (an elk or sheep) and dinner was served.

Many hunters had run-ins with Kodiak browns stealing their kill - and the bears were absolutely unafraid of the humans.

They also have problems with polar bears in the northern villages - where the polar bears will come into the village to raid trash cans - or whatever else they can find to eat.

If you didn't hunt lions - the same thing WOULD happen.

31-07-2015, 10:42 AM
(31-07-2015 10:27 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 10:20 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Rabbits don't make good eating anyway.

Tastes like chicken.

Chews like soft leather.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post