The Consequences of Hugging Bunnies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 10:44 AM
RE: The Consequences of Hugging Bunnies
(31-07-2015 09:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 09:51 AM)jennybee Wrote:  These are the times when I wish karma was a real thing.

It's a pretty fine line to say they're poachers....

In that the lions don't recognize the boundaries of a protected area - they're going to wander off the reserve -- and if they're in a country where licenses are issued -- then it's a legal kill.....

No system is perfect --- but outlawing hunting would be a sure fire way to make poaching more profitable.

Let's stop the Bill O'Reilly schtick, it's getting old.

This particular lion was also used to humans. It had a gps tracking device. It was lured out with food. This wasn't a case where it wandered off and was a hundred miles away -- they know exactly where it was. This lion also had cubs, who will probably die when a new lion takes over the pride...

You seem to ignore facts you don't agree with.

Poaching is illegal. What this person did was go for the easy kill. Its not the first time this person got in trouble for it either. I feel bad for his employees. I'd be totally looking for a new job.

Now last I heard fish and game was looking for him and he couldn't be found.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-07-2015, 10:46 AM
(31-07-2015 10:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 09:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's a pretty fine line to say they're poachers....

In that the lions don't recognize the boundaries of a protected area - they're going to wander off the reserve -- and if they're in a country where licenses are issued -- then it's a legal kill.....

No system is perfect --- but outlawing hunting would be a sure fire way to make poaching more profitable.

Let's stop the Bill O'Reilly schtick, it's getting old.

This particular lion was also used to humans. It had a gps tracking device. It was lured out with food. This wasn't a case where it wandered off and was a hundred miles away -- they know exactly where it was. This lion also had cubs, who will probably die when a new lion takes over the pride...

Poaching is illegal. What this person did was go for the easy kill. Its not the first time this person got in trouble for it either. I feel bad for his employees. I'd be totally looking for a new job.

Sorry you took it that way -- if you read my other posts - I did say that if it's proved he did this illegally it should be covered by poaching laws and should be prosecuted. Poaching is poaching.

My point is that legal hunting is beneficial and to do away with it would only make matters worse.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-07-2015, 11:14 AM
I want a license to hunt poachers. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post
31-07-2015, 11:16 AM
(31-07-2015 10:46 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 10:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Let's stop the Bill O'Reilly schtick, it's getting old.

Sorry you took it that way -- if you read my other posts - I did say that if it's proved he did this illegally it should be covered by poaching laws and should be prosecuted. Poaching is poaching.

My point is that legal hunting is beneficial and to do away with it would only make matters worse.

They used to allow deer to be hunted in our area once every couple years or so. I've no problem with it at all. It keeps the deer population healthy.

Now they tranquilize them and move them into another area -- where they can be safely hunted. We're semi residential and there have been serious concerns about allowing hunting in the area.

I've no issue with legal hunting.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-07-2015, 11:35 AM
I've never understood trophy hunting. I've always eaten my kills - typically just dove. Deer hunting is a necessity in our area for population control, just not my cup of tea - I'd rather be out in the corn fields than in the woods freezing my ass off later needing a full body inspection for ticks. Most hunters I know also get the deer meat processed and have deer burgers and make deer jerky from it (yum) so the animal isn't left to rot.

I can't fathom killing such a magnificent, endangered, high functioning creature unless it's a nuisance or threat. It makes me sad. Killing an animal so you can behead it and hang it on the wall while leaving its corpse to rot...ick. What a waste of something precious.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post
31-07-2015, 11:42 AM
(31-07-2015 11:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I've never understood trophy hunting. I've always eaten my kills - typically just dove. Deer hunting is a necessity in our area for population control, just not my cup of tea - I'd rather be out in the corn fields than in the woods freezing my ass off later needing a full body inspection for ticks. Most hunters I know also get the deer meat processed and have deer burgers and make deer jerky from it (yum) so the animal isn't left to rot.

I can't fathom killing such a magnificent, endangered, high functioning creature unless it's a nuisance or threat. It makes me sad. Killing an animal so you can behead it and hang it on the wall while leaving its corpse to rot...ick. What a waste of something precious.

And this is the major difference between Dr Dumfuck DDS (who right now is in the first step of extradition back to zimbabwe on illegal hunting charges) and your average hunter. Hunting deer and wild turkey and the like is in no way the same as killing exotic endangered animals for no other reason than your dick don't get hard so you need to prove you are still a man. Deer hunting will never go away because they need to be culled to keep the population healthy. The local predators in the US have all been removed for the most part (cougars/mountain lions and wolves) so Humans must step in to fill that niche, plus generally you eat what you kill. Even if the sky fell and Big Game trophy Hunting was made into an international crime (something I would not be against tbh) that would not in any way include local hunting seasons on non-endangered "pest" species like deer and rabbits.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-07-2015, 12:12 PM
(31-07-2015 11:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  I want a license to hunt poachers. Drinking Beverage
I know a guy who's been to SA several times to hunt - and he said the guys who run the hunting preserve talk about that idea, more or less half seriously......

Thing is -- there's probably people who WOULD go - if it was legal to kill other people....... And most of them probably wouldn't give a fuck for less about the animals.

Then you'd probably even have poacher poachers - who do it without a license....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-07-2015, 12:53 PM
(31-07-2015 11:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  I want a license to hunt poachers. Drinking Beverage

I've thought about this, too. Thumbsup

I'd strip them naked and hunt them with the same kind of weapon they use. However, I wouldn't actually kill. I'd leave them wounded. I'd leave them for an animal clean up the remains.

I'm ok with serving up a cup of instant karma. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
31-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Meanwhile -- the cops have been out in force - with rifles -- looking for one in Milwaukee..

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...story.html

I've seen a grainy picture from a cellphone -- and I'm pretty sure it's a cougar -- not an African lion.

Still -- I wouldn't let one stay in my back yard.

31-07-2015, 07:52 PM
I've got cougars around my house, although they stay hidden most of the time, and I've got a boatload of them down at my ranch. I love them and I consider them to be my pets. They will live a long and healthy life as long as they don't attack my family or my horses. The same is true of the bears. I have a new neighbor on my street who had her first run in with a grumpy bear on Wednesday last. Scared the shit out of her.

Lion hunting, and elephant hunting, in Zimbabwe is all a matter of perspective. I have an old friend who had a very large farm in Zimbabwe. Every year, he would lose one or two of his farm hands to lions and sometimes an elephant. He also lost livestock to lions and leopards and has had his crops decimated by elephants, cape buffalo, zebra, etc.

I don't trophy hunt but if I could, I would live off wild game meat and fish and I'd never buy a steak in a store again. I can tell you from experience that once you get used to elk, bison, etc., grocery store beef tastes like shit.