The Consequences of Hugging Bunnies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: The Consequences of Hugging Bunnies
Cecil puts in his two cents:
“Let not the actions of these few men defeat us or allow darkness to enter our hearts. If we do then we become one of them. Raise your vibration and allow this energy to move us forward. What happened does not need to be discussed as it is what it is. Take heart my child, I am finer than ever, grander than before as no one can take our purity, our truth or our soul. Ever. I am here. Be strong and speak for all the others who suffer needlessly to satisfy human greed. Bring Light and Love and we will rise above this.”
http://doubtfulnews.com/2015/08/who-knew...t-english/

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2015, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 05:44 PM by Anjele.)
I used to work for a guy whose family had a hunt club in SC. I don't know what all they hunted but I am pretty sure deer were on the list.

They also 'hunted' quail. He was telling me one day that they had to chase the quail to try to get them to fly when they let them out of their pen. That's when I told him that didn't sound very sporting. Hell, it sounded like the quail would have gladly just ridden home with them, probably sitting on their shoulders like a damn parrot.

If someone hunts deer and eats the meat, I am okay with them also having the head or antlers or both mounted. But to go out to hunt just to have a dead animal head on your wall doesn't sit well with me.

I am not a fan of game meat though I ate a fair amount of squirrel and rabbit as a kid. Dad was a college student and mom worked though not at anything that brought in much money. Dad's hunting meant we had something to eat.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-08-2015, 05:38 PM
I've never been a fan of letting a bird out of a box, getting it to fly, shooting it and calling that ethical.

You might simply wound it.

You've already got it in a box. Just whack the thing like any poultry farm, go home and eat it, and quit wasting ammo already....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-08-2015, 05:42 PM
It just consistently amazes me how callous some people are about life. Pennsylvania has live pigeon shoots. They release huge amounts of pigeons and just open fire on them. There was a big push to outlaw this last year but thanks to lobbying by the NRA (and why they care is beyond me), the bill never got to the floor for a vote. The same bill would have outlawed the selling of dog meat for consumption. The NRA called the people who wanted to put a stop to these things "animal radicals".

I'm not surprised, though. Working with a dog rescue, you see the worst in people. Yesterday my wife and I picked up a dog to deliver it into foster care. The dog was thrown out of a moving car down Virginia. She was the sweetest thing, and some bastard just threw her out of a moving car. WTF is wrong with people?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
02-08-2015, 05:55 PM
(02-08-2015 05:42 PM)BnW Wrote:  It just consistently amazes me how callous some people are about life. Pennsylvania has live pigeon shoots. They release huge amounts of pigeons and just open fire on them. There was a big push to outlaw this last year but thanks to lobbying by the NRA (and why they care is beyond me), the bill never got to the floor for a vote. The same bill would have outlawed the selling of dog meat for consumption. The NRA called the people who wanted to put a stop to these things "animal radicals".

I'm not surprised, though. Working with a dog rescue, you see the worst in people. Yesterday my wife and I picked up a dog to deliver it into foster care. The dog was thrown out of a moving car down Virginia. She was the sweetest thing, and some bastard just threw her out of a moving car. WTF is wrong with people?

We've got a cat that was also abused like that..... (The SO had it when she moved in) Some people just aren't wrapped too tight.....

While I don't see a problem with eating dog meat -(any objection is not rational , if you eat meat - but simply emotional.) I do understand how some people have that "taboo" of eating "pets" As long as the animal is dispatched quickly and painlessly as possible I don't see a problem. We euthanize dogs and cats daily - and consider THAT "ethical" and "Humane" -- but somehow - eating the same critter isn't. I've always thought that to be a logical disconnect..

Having grown up on a farm - and having "pet" cows, and pigs --- I suppose it gives me a more realistic attitude about it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-08-2015, 08:23 PM
(02-08-2015 05:42 PM)BnW Wrote:  It just consistently amazes me how callous some people are about life. Pennsylvania has live pigeon shoots. They release huge amounts of pigeons and just open fire on them. There was a big push to outlaw this last year but thanks to lobbying by the NRA (and why they care is beyond me), the bill never got to the floor for a vote. The same bill would have outlawed the selling of dog meat for consumption. The NRA called the people who wanted to put a stop to these things "animal radicals".

It is truly awful the way some people treat animals. Two of my dogs I rescued off of a beach when they were puppies after someone just dumped them there. I think they were abused by a male as they used to be very scared of males. One of my dogs would shake uncontrollably whenever one of my guy friends would come over.

Now, years later, my dogs are very happy, well-loved, and very well taken care of. No more shaking, either Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
02-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Three of our six critters are rescues...even one of the parrots.

Lady (the dog rescue) is terrified of loud noises but otherwise seems to be okay now. We have had her for seven years. She is mom to the other two dogs and tries to be with the cat but he's not interested. She and her litter mates were abandoned in a box in a Walmart parking lot. Her brother didn't make it.

Blue (the cat) was found abandoned and he was so tiny he fit in my hands. He's kind of bitey and is working his way to being occasionally cuddly after two years of being quite standoffish.

Chewy (the African Grey) is fine as long as she is in her cage and no one has their hands in her cage. It's her world and she's happy there. She talks and interacts but doesn't like to be touched. After about 15 years of trying, I have decided that's okay. I can rub her belly when she decides it's okay...with one finger through the bars. At least she doesn't lunge at me every time I get near the cage any more. She wasn't treated well in her original home by the woman there so she isn't a fan of females although she talks in my voice. Undecided

It's awful what some people do to pets. Mine are more spoiled than my kids ever were - just ask my kids. Tongue

'Course Manlygirl wins the award for animal rescue. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-08-2015, 09:05 PM
(31-07-2015 10:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I personally prefer to hug bunnies instead of eating them Big Grin

So... you would know the consequences of doing so? Anybody wanting to hug a bunny might wanna know! Shy

I figured scratch marks on your belly, or a pile of little brown pellets accumulating in your lap! Unsure

Laugh out load Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
02-08-2015, 09:32 PM
(02-08-2015 09:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 10:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I personally prefer to hug bunnies instead of eating them Big Grin

So... you would know the consequences of doing so? Anybody wanting to hug a bunny might wanna know! Shy

I figured scratch marks on your belly, or a pile of little brown pellets accumulating in your lap! Unsure

Laugh out load Tongue

I'll hug them gently so that doesn't happen lol Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
03-08-2015, 04:15 AM
The real consequence of hugging bunnies?

Tularemia.

AKA rabbit fever - sometimes fatal.