The Conserative Right Wing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 07:52 AM
The Conserative Right Wing
One of the things that has been in the news a little more is the immigration policies. Seeing as I'm originally from Mississippi and more than half of my Facebook "friends" are from there you can just imagine some of the hate and distaste for the foreign. What's so funny is that these are the same people who are highly religious and have no problem showing this.

All of this hate towards immigrants who are mainly you children and such who's parents want a better life that Mexico(I mean with all the drug cartel killings can you blame them) really got me thinking. I thought I remembered reading something in the bible about the mistreating of foreigner so I went digging.

Exodus 22:21
21 “Do not mistreat or oppress a foreigner, for you were foreigners in Egypt.

Consider

This fits perfectly to a point a co-worker of mine made-we're all foreign to this land! For a entire nation of people to have the hubris to shout things like "keep those damn foreigners out of OUR land" astounds me. The beginning of this entire nation was built on the genocide of entire race of people and the enslavement of another(Seriously when's the last time you've seen a native American family just hanging out?). Most of the public forget these thing or sad enough never even get taught it.

Anyway I just wanted to point out the irony of these protest and such against immigration.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
16-07-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: The Conserative Right Wing
America's conservative party and the fundamentalists have an odd sort of alliance. There are a lot of things they shouldn't theoretically agree on, but they both have a strong hatred for things that are liberal, so as long as they are complaining, they agree. Do note that before the Southern Strategy in the 60s, the south primarily voted for Democrats.

It's not that the Republican party embodies the "ideals" of the Bible; it's a calculated political move on both their parts. How else are you supposed to get an extremely zealous religious nutjob, a big-business venture capitalist, and a Libertarian to vote for the same candidate?
16-07-2014, 09:04 AM
(16-07-2014 08:30 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  America's conservative party and the fundamentalists have an odd sort of alliance. There are a lot of things they shouldn't theoretically agree on, but they both have a strong hatred for things that are liberal, so as long as they are complaining, they agree. Do note that before the Southern Strategy in the 60s, the south primarily voted for Democrats.

It's not that the Republican party embodies the "ideals" of the Bible; it's a calculated political move on both their parts. How else are you supposed to get an extremely zealous religious nutjob, a big-business venture capitalist, and a Libertarian to vote for the same candidate?

Good point...I'm neither a republican nor a democrat. To speak frankly to just choose a side is not a very open minded thing. Some things I'm more of a conservative about(2nd amendment and such) and something's I'm more liberal(gay marriage rights, abortion). But you're right it's not the entire party who has this view it's just a select few.
17-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Sure this manufactured crisis has shone the light on some ugly racism and ignorance but I think that there is some legitimate concerns that transcends the ignorance.

-With an open border like this we have effectively circumvented any no-fly list or anything like that as they work around is so easy we might as well stop the no flys. For example OBL could have flown to Mexico and walked across the border with no documentation and we would be housing him and sending him to another city with some pocket cash.

-The child trafficking ramifications are numerous

-No screening for felons, gang affiliations, or people deported previously. How do we know if any of these people are fugitives from justice from their own countries?

-Health risks are numerous

-A increased population of undocumented workers who might not be paying any taxes for a while yet will be working.

Personally, I am a big supporter of open immigration (no limits, no quotas). If you want to be here in the US, come join the party. But there should be some rules for making sure you (1) haven't been deported before, (2) aren't a fugitive, (3) are who you say you are, (4) health screened for communicable disease and (5) an easy process to get you documented so that you can be employed officially like the rest of us tax playing slobs.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
17-07-2014, 09:10 AM
(17-07-2014 09:02 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Sure this manufactured crisis has shone the light on some ugly racism and ignorance but I think that there is some legitimate concerns that transcends the ignorance.

-With an open border like this we have effectively circumvented any no-fly list or anything like that as they work around is so easy we might as well stop the no flys. For example OBL could have flown to Mexico and walked across the border with no documentation and we would be housing him and sending him to another city with some pocket cash.

-The child trafficking ramifications are numerous

-No screening for felons, gang affiliations, or people deported previously. How do we know if any of these people are fugitives from justice from their own countries?

-Health risks are numerous

-A increased population of undocumented workers who might not be paying any taxes for a while yet will be working.

Personally, I am a big supporter of open immigration (no limits, no quotas). If you want to be here in the US, come join the party. But there should be some rules for making sure you (1) haven't been deported before, (2) aren't a fugitive, (3) are who you say you are, (4) health screened for communicable disease and (5) an easy process to get you documented so that you can be employed officially like the rest of us tax playing slobs.

Oh definitely there should definitely be qualifications and background checks to weed out potential trouble makers or someone with a communicable disease but for the ones who are just looking to better themselves it shouldn't be a big deal.