The Contentious Opinions Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2016, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2016 01:22 AM by Dark Wanderer.)
RE: The Contentious Opinions Thread
I don't feel that my previous post explained my anger well enough, so let me throw some context in. Earlier today I was sitting in my car in a parking lot when this old hag dragging along a child got into their car parked in front of me. You know the kind of hag: the kind that has that "I smell cat piss" look perpetually on her face at all times. She was saying things like "I don't care what the fuck you want! You're a fucking brat! Shut the fuck up! Where the fuck is your mom?!" Now I'm a totally non confrontational person. Never been in a serious physical altercation with anyone before. After seeing this I immediately fantasized about beating that woman to a bloody pulp in front of the child. She also turned up her radio (with all the windows down of course) and started playing some shitty country music full blast, trying to drowning out the crying child. Luckily the kid's mom showed up soon and they left. Of course not before almost backing up into a car (the hag was driving), further displaying another drop of piss in the hag's gene pool.

Good job, you old bitch. I'm sure that kid is going to grow up to be a real upstanding person! Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
27-03-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: The Contentious Opinions Thread
(23-03-2016 01:18 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  ... I'm sure that kid is going to grow up to be a real upstanding person ...

Maybe. Imagine yourself as that kid, and someone saying you won't amount to anything because of your grownups. Don't you think you'd resent being characterized as so spineless that how you'll turn out depends on others?

There's no question our upbringing influences how we develop, but the most crucial trajectories of maturation I think are driven from within, and much if not most of humanity grows up in spite of parenting, not because of it. That has to be true, because every successive generation is better behaved than the last (more or less); we take the examples of our elders and improve, not mimic. Today we inhabit the cultures of 2016, not 1016.

I agree what you saw makes one cringe. But seeing that could also give hope that it gives the kid extra impetus to show his elders up by doing better than them, and not being crushed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply