The Contentious Opinions Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: The Contentious Opinions Thread
1) almost all modern music is shit. I don't listen to any music because it's almost all shit. The best music was written prior to 1800.

2) FPS games can kiss my ass. You don't tell a story via text block walls between sets where you simply shoot shit. Gameplay and story are supposed to be integrated, dammit!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2015, 03:41 PM
I think humans are a failed species. Not a species that will fail if we don't smarten up, but a species that has already failed. I don't think there's a way for us to recover. I truly think we will be gone in a couple hundred years.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
08-07-2015, 03:53 PM
(08-07-2015 01:03 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 11:18 AM)mecanna Wrote:  Don't get me wrong- large boobs are awesome... but so are little ones.
I used to get teased a lot for being a proud supporter of the IBTC. Big ones got in the way or blocked my view looking up.

And Banjo, we know drummers and percussionists are better lovers than singers. Singers strut around making noise, but drummers set the right rhythm every time.

IBTC - I had to look that up. Blush I likes it. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
08-07-2015, 04:01 PM
(08-07-2015 03:34 PM)natachan Wrote:  2) FPS games can kiss my ass. You don't tell a story via text block walls between sets where you simply shoot shit. Gameplay and story are supposed to be integrated, dammit!!

I take it you've never played the likes of Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Bioshock, or Spec Ops: The Line. All FPS's with strong stories.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
08-07-2015, 04:05 PM
I consider Deus Ex to be an RPG with a first person camera. But I haven't played the others, no. Bioshock is on my list once I get a new laptop.
08-07-2015, 06:51 PM
(08-07-2015 03:41 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I think humans are a failed species. Not a species that will fail if we don't smarten up, but a species that has already failed. I don't think there's a way for us to recover. I truly think we will be gone in a couple hundred years.

You underestimate technology brother. The singularity is near. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
08-07-2015, 07:04 PM
My dick is bigger than yours. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
08-07-2015, 07:08 PM
(08-07-2015 03:34 PM)natachan Wrote:  2) FPS games can kiss my ass. You don't tell a story via text block walls between sets where you simply shoot shit. Gameplay and story are supposed to be integrated, dammit!!

Is it necessary that a game have a good narrative to be a good game? I mean, I think most popular shooters are played for their versus multi-player.
08-07-2015, 08:11 PM
(08-07-2015 07:08 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  

Is it necessary that a game have a good narrative to be a good game? I mean, I think most popular shooters are played for their versus multi-player.

Fallout. All other fps can go to hell. Except maybe Borderlands.

'Murican Canadian
08-07-2015, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2015 08:24 PM by yakherder.)
Most people getting premium gas are wasting their money. There is no such thing as "treating" your car to premium. That's a bullshit term, and most of the people who use it can't even provide an irrational definition as to what it means. Premium gas isn't more efficient or cleaner. Either your engine benefits from higher octane or it doesn't. Most don't.

Weird contentious opinion to have I suppose, but the conversation seems to come up a lot because I always feel the need to explain shit when I see friends wasting their money on something that provides absolutely no benefit to them.

'Murican Canadian