The Contentious Opinions Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2015, 07:35 PM
RE: The Contentious Opinions Thread
(10-07-2015 07:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 10:30 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I detest the drive to digital perfection that is prevalent in modern music, where everything is exactly in place on a lockstep programmed beat. I love hearing organic music, from all genres, where I can hear the amps hissing and the snares rattling. The occasional clam in a solo is a good thing, often.

Perfect music is sterile music.

One thing that comes to mind for me is what sort of self-image a woman has if she thinks a boob job will make her hotter? Sexiness is in the eyes and lips, in a woman's posture, and most importantly in her behavior and outlook.

You wouldn't believe how many shitty boob jobs I saw, managing the adult video store I ran back in the 90s. Protip: your nipples should not look like one has a lazy eye.

The thing with breast implants is that many women, as they get older, become top heavy and have a rather matronly look. Implants are going to hasten that look for many women.

The other thing is that breast implants don't last forever. They need to be replaced about every 10 or so years. Ouch.

Just my opinion, but if women want beautiful looking breasts they would be better off keeping their decolletage protected with sunscreen and not out baking in the sun. Size really isn't important.

If one looks at Marilyn Monroe her breasts would be considered almost small compared to some of the sex pots of today. It's crazy.

My conversations with the plastic surgeon prior to reconstruction consisted of him wanted to go bigger and with a high profile and me wanting something that better fit my body and my age. I had never been well-endowed and didn't see any reason to go crazy.

Turns out that he did try the high profile (more round, less teardrop shaped) and decided that I was right and the ones I selected were prettier. The bum. If I had woke up at the age of 52 with boobs under my chin, he and I would have had to fight.

I dread the day, if it comes, that I have to have mine replaced. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-07-2015, 08:21 PM
(10-07-2015 07:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 07:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The thing with breast implants is that many women, as they get older, become top heavy and have a rather matronly look. Implants are going to hasten that look for many women.

The other thing is that breast implants don't last forever. They need to be replaced about every 10 or so years. Ouch.

Just my opinion, but if women want beautiful looking breasts they would be better off keeping their decolletage protected with sunscreen and not out baking in the sun. Size really isn't important.

If one looks at Marilyn Monroe her breasts would be considered almost small compared to some of the sex pots of today. It's crazy.

My conversations with the plastic surgeon prior to reconstruction consisted of him wanted to go bigger and with a high profile and me wanting something that better fit my body and my age. I had never been well-endowed and didn't see any reason to go crazy.

Turns out that he did try the high profile (more round, less teardrop shaped) and decided that I was right and the ones I selected were prettier. The bum. If I had woke up at the age of 52 with boobs under my chin, he and I would have had to fight.

Did it help your self esteem to have the implants after your surgery?

I'm small busted myself. It's a more streamlined look. I've always disliked huge boobs, but then, I'm not a guy.

Sorry if this is off topic, gang.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-07-2015, 08:36 PM
(10-07-2015 08:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 07:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My conversations with the plastic surgeon prior to reconstruction consisted of him wanted to go bigger and with a high profile and me wanting something that better fit my body and my age. I had never been well-endowed and didn't see any reason to go crazy.

I'm small busted myself. It's a more streamlined look. I've always disliked huge boobs, but then, I'm not a guy.

Ta-tas are never off-topic. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
10-07-2015, 08:56 PM
(10-07-2015 08:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 07:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My conversations with the plastic surgeon prior to reconstruction consisted of him wanted to go bigger and with a high profile and me wanting something that better fit my body and my age. I had never been well-endowed and didn't see any reason to go crazy.

I think so...it's bad enough to be mutilated but also having the possibility of chemo and losing your hair...just seemed like a lot to take. Being sick was one thing, a total change in my body was just too much.

I did forego the fake nipples. In my clothes no one would ever know the difference that they are gone and why have more surgery...but I must say that I was pushed toward having it done for a good three years by the plastic surgeon and other medical people. The lack of nipples still bothers me a little but not enough to have another major surgery.

To me, the reconstruction was just that, reconstruction...restoring my body to some semblance of it's natural appearance. The implants are a bit larger than what I had prior but not extreme. I look much the same in my clothes and in a bathing suit as I did before.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
11-07-2015, 12:07 AM
(10-07-2015 07:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The thing with breast implants is that many women, as they get older, become top heavy and have a rather matronly look. Implants are going to hasten that look for many women.

I think a woman who is comfortable with herself is more beautiful anyway, perhaps not from the standard of conventional judgement, but simply that spark in the eye that tells you she is fit well inside her own skin.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
11-07-2015, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 03:37 AM by Nurse.)
I like country music and bluegrass. Death metal sucks. So does most heavy metal. I can scream in a microphone, too, but that doesn't make it music.

I also like corny humor from time to time.

There are several aspects of the following clip, between a nod to the song Dixie and Native Americans, that make this incredibly offensive, while nothing would have been thought of it back when it was filmed. Well, I like it anyway despite its lack of being politically correct. Here ya go, some Dueling Banjos:

While I'm in the middle of redneck admissions, my favorite tee is camo (the other is a football tee). I think I look cute in it, green looks good on me. And AND I wear it at times besides going hunting. Also, hunting should not be pronounced with a G.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
11-07-2015, 10:38 AM
(11-07-2015 03:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I like country music and bluegrass. Death metal sucks. So does most heavy metal. I can scream in a microphone, too, but that doesn't make it music.

I also like corny humor from time to time.

There are several aspects of the following clip, between a nod to the song Dixie and Native Americans, that make this incredibly offensive, while nothing would have been thought of it back when it was filmed. Well, I like it anyway despite its lack of being politically correct. Here ya go, some Dueling Banjos:

While I'm in the middle of redneck admissions, my favorite tee is camo (the other is a football tee). I think I look cute in it, green looks good on me. And AND I wear it at times besides going hunting. Also, hunting should not be pronounced with a G.

Well, that is contentious because I can't stand either one, Country Music and Heavy Metal. To each their own though.

I have a very mild ear. I don't want to be yelled at by preachers or loud rock singers so I'm rather oblivious to much of rock unless it hit the top 20 and you can't avoid it being played everywhere. Even when I was in high school I would listen to old Big Band music, classical music, Broadway show tunes and a few mild rock and mild jazz tunes. My husband can't believe how little I know about heavy rock music. He hangs his head in shame.

Anyway, as long as I don't have to listen to Country Western or Heavy Metal..be my guest. Bluegrass is mildly tolerable.....for about 4 minutes.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
11-07-2015, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 12:25 PM by Nurse.)
I don't think I've ever done a double post - I blame it on the bottle of Pinot Noir. 'Cause a sober Nurse is most certainly perfect. Rolleyes

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
11-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Meh. Country western is a subgenre. As is bluegrass. Technically you can group a lot of John Mayer's recent music into country. Some of it I hate with a passion, some of it turns me on, some of it makes me cry. Is why I love it - it's so emotionally charged.

As far as bluegrass, yeh, historically it's more gospel. But not all of it. It just describes life. As most music. A good deal is about moonshine. Heartbreak. Fucking. As with most music - getting fucked up and relationship drama. I just happen to think it takes a hell of a lot more talent to play the banjo, fiddle, and acoustic guitar than it does to auto tune.

Here is probably the most famous (kind of? modern) bluegrass song, twang and all, loved by non-bluegrass lovers, thank you George Clooney and the movie O Brother, Where Art Thou, Soggy Bottom Boys "Man of Constant Sorrow":

Which, btw, if you've never seen O Brother Where Art Thou, it should be next on your list, you intellectuals, you. Based off of Homer's Odyssey.

11-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Not a fan of country music in general though there are some artists I do like...can't go wrong with Willie Nelson. Wink

Bluegrass is a taste I have never acquired though they have a Bluegrass festival here in town every summer...I tend to miss it...unless I am in my yard and can hear it from downtown.

I like blues music, some classic rock, some alternative and some weird random stuff that I come across. Oddly, I am big into guitar based music but also love EDM.